Rush is touring :D!!!


lysyfacet
#1
Not sure if many of you know of teh canadian rock band "Rush". Well they are my favorite, i love their music, and may 1st they are releasing their newest album...also they will be touring, and they come to toronto at the ACC on september 17th. I'm really looking forward to it, i saw Rush a few years ago at the Molson Theatre in downtown toronto, amazing show!!

CHeck out their site, and listen to one of the new songs from their newest album, "Farcry"

www.rush.com (external - login to view)
 
folcar
#2
I have seen them twice, both shows were excellant. The better of the 2 shows was in 2002 at the Molson Ampitheatre in T.O.(possibly the same show you were at lysyfacet), they played for 3 hours and blew the roof off the house and launched it into orbit. A fella sitting next to my friends and I and told us near the end of the show he had been to every concert they had played in Ontario since the band's first album and that this show was the best he'd ever seen them play. I could certainly agree as i have been to alot of concerts and can;t think of a better show. For anybody into good classic rock, it's a show you won't want to miss.
 
RomSpaceKnight
#3
Saw 2112 tour at the London Gardens with Max Webster. I hear they are coming to the John Labatts Center this summer. I am so going. Hopefully they play a lot of the old tunes I grew up on.
 
lysyfacet
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by folcarView Post

I have seen them twice, both shows were excellant. The better of the 2 shows was in 2002 at the Molson Ampitheatre in T.O.(possibly the same show you were at lysyfacet), they played for 3 hours and blew the roof off the house and launched it into orbit.

Yep thats exactly what show i went to see, back when i was in grade 9. I started liking rush ever since that sars relief concert in toronto in 2001 i think it was, with Acdc, RollingStones, Rush ofcourse...and alot of other good bands.
I have to agree...that show in 2002 was the best rock concert i've ever been too. The atmosphere was just amazing!! I'm hoping this years will be even better. Their new stuff sounds really good, i'll be out buying their new album May 1st !!

Curious to know what some of ur favorite songs are?
mine are, Closer to the Heart, The Trees, New World Man, Spirit of Radio, 2112 and fly by night. All amazing songs!! i'm sure alot of u would agree...
 
folcar
#5
Fly by Night and By-tor and the Snow dog, Roll the Bones, Tom Sawyer and Distant Early Warning Is a personal favourite and love the video as seen here on you tube. Fly by Night was my first rush Album, and yes album that baby was vinyl. Still my favourite album by the band.

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvqGBN48CPTUs



So many good songs actually haven't found 1 i don't like, which is part of what makes them so good to see live as every song is awesome.
 
lysyfacet
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by folcarView Post

So many good songs actually haven't found 1 i don't like, which is part of what makes them so good to see live as every song is awesome.

I totally agree...i also don't think there is one song by Rush that i dislike. Thats what makes buying their albums easy, cause u know you'll like them all. I have every single one now, except this new one coming out.

Hey, has anyone seen the "Rush in Rio" dvd movie, that came out a few years ago. I love the fotage and just the performance itself was amazing. I wish i could have been there for that concert. The place was packed!!! The best part would be the dragon intermission just as niel peart finished the drum solo...prime stuff!!
 
DurkaDurka
#7
I'm sorry, but Rush is horrible. Everytime I see getty Lee., I want to kick him in the balls.
 
Kreskin
#8
I didn't know Limbaugh had a band.
 
lysyfacet
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

I'm sorry, but Rush is horrible. Everytime I see getty Lee., I want to kick him in the balls.

come on be nice, ok fine u don't like them, not need to get abusive about it lol :P. Not many ppl do like them, some because of geddy's high pitched voice sorta. Well w/e...not everyone is going to like them :P
 
Canucklehead
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by lysyfacetView Post

Yep thats exactly what show i went to see, back when i was in grade 9. I started liking rush ever since that sars relief concert in toronto in 2001 i think it was, with Acdc, RollingStones, Rush ofcourse...and alot of other good bands.
I have to agree...that show in 2002 was the best rock concert i've ever been too. The atmosphere was just amazing!! I'm hoping this years will be even better. Their new stuff sounds really good, i'll be out buying their new album May 1st !!

Curious to know what some of ur favorite songs are?
mine are, Closer to the Heart, The Trees, New World Man, Spirit of Radio, 2112 and fly by night. All amazing songs!! i'm sure alot of u would agree...

Too Cool! Definately have to check into tickets for this one !!!

Hmm top 5 favourite Rush tunes in no particular order: Working Man, 2112, Witch Hunt, The Trees, Vital Signs (Battle Scar would be on the list but it's technically Max Webster)

The SARStock concert was in 2003, July 29 or 30th...can't remember now as my friends and I were far too wired from the second we left London for T.O. (less the DD who had to suffice with a contact high :P ) Rush put on a great performance but anyone who was there will tell ya that AC/DC stole the show!
 
RomSpaceKnight
#11
Rush Rules, Death to Durka. "Working Man" from the first album was an anthem with my peer group.
 
DurkaDurka
#12
Seriously though, is Gettty Lee a Eunuch?
 
Canucklehead
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Seriously though, is Gettty Lee a Eunuch?

Can't say on the eunich thing but he sure has a face only a mother could love.
 
DurkaDurka
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by CanuckleheadView Post

Can't say on the eunich thing but he sure has a face only a mother could love.

haha, second that.
 
folcar
#15
I didn't know Limbaugh had a band

LOL, Limbaugh could only wish.

I'm sorry, but Rush is horrible. Everytime I see getty Lee., I want to kick him in the balls.

Rush is in the same cetegory as Neil Young, less than pristine vocals, excellant lyrics, and great music. Folks either like them or they don't, seems to be no middle ground.
 
lysyfacet
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by folcarView Post

Rush is in the same cetegory as Neil Young, less than pristine vocals, excellant lyrics, and great music. Folks either like them or they don't, seems to be no middle ground.

very well said "folcar".

And yes, Acdc did steal the show at that sars relief concert. I personally don't think the stones should have played the closing act, but hey, i don't think they were expecting such a gig from acdc.
wow i thought that concert happened awhile ago, but only 2003 eh, wow time flys :P.
 
El Barto
#17
Rush has been my favorite band for such a long time. Actually its the only band thats still together, Led Zeppillin and The Tea Party are no more. Exit Stage Left being my favorite album for the longest time, broons bane to the Trees to Xanadu, what a flow ! They play it better live than the album.
They always had inteligent lyrics some thatbare very deep. Have all the albums looking forward to this one. I did an awsome mix with the album Victor ( strip and go naked) and Geddy Lee's ( working at perfect ). Loved thier solo albums too.
Saw the Power Windows concert it TO when i lived there in 86 .
 
lysyfacet
#18
yeh Rush is definitely one of those older bands that hung in there. Altho in their past they were going to split, because of what happened in the drummers life, Niel Peart. I'm glad they stuck together, they're music is simply amazing.
Now how many of you would agree with me, that Niel Peart is the best drummer alive?
I definitely think so
 
sanctus
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by lysyfacetView Post

yeh Rush is definitely one of those older bands that hung in there. Altho in their past they were going to split, because of what happened in the drummers life, Niel Peart. I'm glad they stuck together, they're music is simply amazing.
Now how many of you would agree with me, that Niel Peart is the best drummer alive?
I definitely think so

nope, for me Ringo Starr holds that honour
 
El Barto
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by lysyfacetView Post

yeh Rush is definitely one of those older bands that hung in there. Altho in their past they were going to split, because of what happened in the drummers life, Niel Peart. I'm glad they stuck together, they're music is simply amazing.
Now how many of you would agree with me, that Niel Peart is the best drummer alive?
I definitely think so

THE BEST.........RAT TAT TA TAAAAAH
 
El Barto
#21
HE never heard Niel Peart. RNGO is a joke !
 
El Barto
#22
www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page..._drummers.html (external - login to view)
NIEL PEART no.1
RINGO no.47
 
sanctus
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page..._drummers.html (external - login to view)
NIEL PEART no.1
RINGO no.47


So? Ringo Starr is still the best drummer in my books...
 
sanctus
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

HE never heard Niel Peart. RNGO is a joke !


To each his own. For me, the difference is I'd pay (and have) to go and watch a Ringo Starr concert, you couldn't pay me enough to sit through a night of Rush and that high pitched whining their vocalist calls "singing". I Can barely make it through one of their songs, never mind hours and hours of them!
 
El Barto
#25
Have your heard of NEIL PEART?
There's no comparison. There is a difference between favorite and the best.
Check out his drum solo from YYZ ,and on the DVD Rush in Rio O Baterista.
Tell me that Ringo could play like that even in his best years with his 5 piece kit.
 
El Barto
#26
Like you said to each his own. But to compare a Drummer by a lead vocal is lame.
 
sanctus
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

Have your heard of NEIL PEART?
There's no comparison. There is a difference between favorite and the best.
Check out his drum solo from YYZ ,and on the DVD Rush in Rio O Baterista.
Tell me that Ringo could play like that even in his best years with his 5 piece kit.

Of course I've heard of him. Ringo has the best backbeat in rock and roll, period. And best, my friend, is a relative term that is combined with "favourite". One of the greatest rock legends of all time stated a number of times that for his money Ringo was the greatest drummer in rock ever. The legend, John Lennon.
 
sanctus
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

Like you said to each his own. But to compare a Drummer by a lead vocal is lame.


You don't comprehend what you read all the time, right? I am not comparing them by their vocals. I wrote one of the main reasons I don't care for Rush as a whole is their lead vocalist. When I wrote about drummers, I wrote I preferred Ringo and considered Ringo a superior drummer.
 
El Barto
#29
Ah you prefered Ringo
if you said it that way then we wouldn't have all these posting
Thats the difference.
BTW John Lennon is not god Eric Clapton is .....lol
 
folcar
#30
Neil Peart would have to be easily considered to be the best drummer, based on sheer talent and ability.
As for Ringo Love the music and his playing is good. I'd like to see his all-star band if he ever does another tour.
On the John Lennon issue the thing that sucks the most is all the music that was never made, Clapton was allowed to age and grow as a musician like a fine wine. Lennon Never had the chance, but in terms of the music my music collection will always include both.
It does suck that Tea party broke up, my other big dissapointment in that area was Econoline Crush (maybe getting back together heard small rumour). I saw them open for Tea party in Hamilton before i had heard them on the radio, they completely blew the roof of the convention centre. Tea Party came out afterword not wanting to be shown up at their own shown and did the same. That show is easily for me tied as the best live show i have ever seen.
 

Similar Threads

0
Jeremy Fisher touring Canada in 2009!
by inthewind | Dec 10th, 2008
no new posts