Rush is touring :D!!!

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
Not sure if many of you know of teh canadian rock band "Rush". Well they are my favorite, i love their music, and may 1st they are releasing their newest album...also they will be touring, and they come to toronto at the ACC on september 17th. I'm really looking forward to it, i saw Rush a few years ago at the Molson Theatre in downtown toronto, amazing show!!

CHeck out their site, and listen to one of the new songs from their newest album, "Farcry"

http://www.rush.com

folcar

Electoral Member
Mar 26, 2007
I have seen them twice, both shows were excellant. The better of the 2 shows was in 2002 at the Molson Ampitheatre in T.O.(possibly the same show you were at lysyfacet), they played for 3 hours and blew the roof off the house and launched it into orbit. A fella sitting next to my friends and I and told us near the end of the show he had been to every concert they had played in Ontario since the band's first album and that this show was the best he'd ever seen them play. I could certainly agree as i have been to alot of concerts and can;t think of a better show. For anybody into good classic rock, it's a show you won't want to miss.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Saw 2112 tour at the London Gardens with Max Webster. I hear they are coming to the John Labatts Center this summer. I am so going. Hopefully they play a lot of the old tunes I grew up on.

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
I have seen them twice, both shows were excellant. The better of the 2 shows was in 2002 at the Molson Ampitheatre in T.O.(possibly the same show you were at lysyfacet), they played for 3 hours and blew the roof off the house and launched it into orbit.

Yep thats exactly what show i went to see, back when i was in grade 9. I started liking rush ever since that sars relief concert in toronto in 2001 i think it was, with Acdc, RollingStones, Rush ofcourse...and alot of other good bands.
I have to agree...that show in 2002 was the best rock concert i've ever been too. The atmosphere was just amazing!! I'm hoping this years will be even better. Their new stuff sounds really good, i'll be out buying their new album May 1st :D!!

Curious to know what some of ur favorite songs are?
mine are, Closer to the Heart, The Trees, New World Man, Spirit of Radio, 2112 and fly by night. All amazing songs!! i'm sure alot of u would agree...

folcar

Electoral Member
Mar 26, 2007
Fly by Night and By-tor and the Snow dog, Roll the Bones, Tom Sawyer and Distant Early Warning Is a personal favourite and love the video as seen here on you tube. Fly by Night was my first rush Album, and yes album that baby was vinyl. Still my favourite album by the band.

So many good songs actually haven't found 1 i don't like, which is part of what makes them so good to see live as every song is awesome.

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
So many good songs actually haven't found 1 i don't like, which is part of what makes them so good to see live as every song is awesome.

I totally agree...i also don't think there is one song by Rush that i dislike. Thats what makes buying their albums easy, cause u know you'll like them all. I have every single one now, except this new one coming out.

Hey, has anyone seen the "Rush in Rio" dvd movie, that came out a few years ago. I love the fotage and just the performance itself was amazing. I wish i could have been there for that concert. The place was packed!!! The best part would be the dragon intermission just as niel peart finished the drum solo...prime stuff!!

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
I'm sorry, but Rush is horrible. Everytime I see getty Lee., I want to kick him in the balls.

come on be nice, ok fine u don't like them, not need to get abusive about it lol :p. Not many ppl do like them, some because of geddy's high pitched voice sorta. Well w/e...not everyone is going to like them :p

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
Yep thats exactly what show i went to see, back when i was in grade 9. I started liking rush ever since that sars relief concert in toronto in 2001 i think it was, with Acdc, RollingStones, Rush ofcourse...and alot of other good bands.
I have to agree...that show in 2002 was the best rock concert i've ever been too. The atmosphere was just amazing!! I'm hoping this years will be even better. Their new stuff sounds really good, i'll be out buying their new album May 1st :D!!

Curious to know what some of ur favorite songs are?
mine are, Closer to the Heart, The Trees, New World Man, Spirit of Radio, 2112 and fly by night. All amazing songs!! i'm sure alot of u would agree...

Too Cool! Definately have to check into tickets for this one !!!

Hmm top 5 favourite Rush tunes in no particular order: Working Man, 2112, Witch Hunt, The Trees, Vital Signs (Battle Scar would be on the list but it's technically Max Webster)

The SARStock concert was in 2003, July 29 or 30th...can't remember now as my friends and I were far too wired from the second we left London for T.O. (less the DD who had to suffice with a contact high :p ) Rush put on a great performance but anyone who was there will tell ya that AC/DC stole the show!

folcar

Electoral Member
Mar 26, 2007
I didn't know Limbaugh had a band

LOL, Limbaugh could only wish.

I'm sorry, but Rush is horrible. Everytime I see getty Lee., I want to kick him in the balls.

Rush is in the same cetegory as Neil Young, less than pristine vocals, excellant lyrics, and great music. Folks either like them or they don't, seems to be no middle ground.

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
Rush is in the same cetegory as Neil Young, less than pristine vocals, excellant lyrics, and great music. Folks either like them or they don't, seems to be no middle ground.

very well said "folcar".

And yes, Acdc did steal the show at that sars relief concert. I personally don't think the stones should have played the closing act, but hey, i don't think they were expecting such a gig from acdc.
wow i thought that concert happened awhile ago, but only 2003 eh, wow time flys :p.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Rush has been my favorite band for such a long time. Actually its the only band thats still together, Led Zeppillin and The Tea Party are no more. Exit Stage Left being my favorite album for the longest time, broons bane to the Trees to Xanadu, what a flow ! They play it better live than the album.
They always had inteligent lyrics some thatbare very deep. Have all the albums looking forward to this one. I did an awsome mix with the album Victor ( strip and go naked) and Geddy Lee's ( working at perfect ). Loved thier solo albums too.
Saw the Power Windows concert it TO when i lived there in 86 .

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
yeh Rush is definitely one of those older bands that hung in there. Altho in their past they were going to split, because of what happened in the drummers life, Niel Peart. I'm glad they stuck together, they're music is simply amazing.
Now how many of you would agree with me, that Niel Peart is the best drummer alive?
I definitely think so:D

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
yeh Rush is definitely one of those older bands that hung in there. Altho in their past they were going to split, because of what happened in the drummers life, Niel Peart. I'm glad they stuck together, they're music is simply amazing.
Now how many of you would agree with me, that Niel Peart is the best drummer alive?

nope, for me Ringo Starr holds that honour:)

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
THE BEST.........RAT TAT TA TAAAAAH