USMC Silent Drill Team in Canada

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

That's why it's...

and not...

The many, the ambivalent, the whatevers.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan

Very nice. I once saw the USMC Drill Team at the Marine Barracks at 8th & I street in Washington D.C. That was actually the first time I ever saw them. I wish I could remember who it was exactly but there was a British Army Drum & Bugle Corps there also, pipers and all that. They were impressive. I just can't remember their name. I am under the impression they were Scots though...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I can watch drill teams for hours. That U.S. Marine team was very sharp.

A few years ago I saw a PPCLI (Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry) drill team in Alberta. There were only about twenty men and they looked so alike, they could have been cloned. Anyway, these guys put on about a five minute display that was mesmerizing.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
While that Silent Drill team is up in your country the RCMP Mounted Drill Team is down here doing some beautfully executed mounted drills. They are very talented and appear to be as one with their mounts also. That is a sign of confidence and a bonding. The uniforms are very eye catching too. I appreciate that type of a cultural interchange. It is very interesting and also great entertainment but I sure appreciate what I believe is all of the hard work and choreography that has to go into this.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Folks in stuffy outfits with dorky haircuts doing syncronized swiming right side up and on land with pointy death sticks.

I'm not gettin' it.

If you don't like it, don't watch!