This is China

china
I am living here for over 5 years and my feelings about this huge country with its masses of people most probably differs from opinons of the outsider .
What is your opinion of China ,how much do you know about this land ,what do you think about the influence of Chinese ecomomy on the rest of the world.Do you think China will become a "super powewr" ?

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by chinaView Post

I am living here for over 5 years and my feelings about this huge country with its masses of people most probably differs from opinons of the outsider .
What is your opinion of China ,how much do you know about this land ,what do you think about the influence of Chinese ecomomy on the rest of the world.Do you think China will become a "super powewr" ?

I've only spent 4 wks in China, but I've been to Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Ningbo, and Nanchang.

Which covers quite a wide variety of cities and experiences.

china
TenPeny ,
I've only spent 4 wks in China, but I've been to Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Ningbo, and Nanchang.
Which covers quite a wide variety of cities and experiences.______________________________

It's not much time to explore 4 cities . What was your impression of the country in general?

talloola
I would love to travel inside of China, and visit and learn the culture of the country, and get to know
the 'regular' people, in the small cities, and in the countryside as well.

They will become a superpower, and so they should, as they move forward.
I worry that they will not be consciencious toward the invironment and global warming, as they
move toward developing an auto industry, probably like we have never seen before.

And, I am concerned about the thouslands of coal fields they have, and wonder if they will move
away from that sort of energy and on to something cleaner.

I would like to know your opinions now that you have been there 5 years, about that huge wonderful
country. What can you teach us.

tamarin
China's already a super power. Now it will be up to the West, already in decline - morally muddled, culturally befuddled - to decide how to contain it. It doesn't look promising.

darkbeaver
China is not a superpower it's an emergeing power, somepeople should remember that there's only room for one true democratic superpower. I should think there would be less doom and gloom about Chinas takeover, and it's containment, which has got to be good for the security industry and investments.

tamarin
Baloney. China has immense military ability, has been nuclear for years, has a huge treasury and dominates export markets world-wide. I am amused that Iran continues to be the centre of media interest in American foreign policy. I hope they have folks in charge in Washington who know where the real threat lies.

china
talloola,

I would like to know your opinions now that you have been there 5 years, about that huge wonderful
country. What can you teach us._______________________________________________ __

Hi ,Sorry it took so long to answer your post.Its true -it's best to visit the country ,to see it for your self.You will either love it , or get sick and want to go home .China is one big contradiction. I would suggest to look up "Daves Esl Cafe " ,click the International Teachers Forum and choose "China" .There you will find hudreds of letters of English teachers from all over the country regarding life in China ,its people and its Culture .

westmanguy
china the member, what do you think, does China have the ability to overthrow the USA as our world's super-power?

We all know rate now the United States of America is the world super-power, but it won't be like that forever, historically all powers fall.

But maybe capitalism will make that different... who knows.

Never been to China, would love to travel there.

Anyways to me China the nation, doesn't treat their people well (human rights), is not very democratic.

Also the importance on men over woman really angers me. It makes my heart sink to think of all those chinese woman who abort their babies when they find out they are female, because they want a male.

And parents can't have more than 1 child right? So abortion and child limits irrirate me very much. But China's population is lowering, isn't India close or is the biggest nation now?

I worry about the enviroment, China is not clean with their growing economy.

And they have a rising middle class, driving cars...

Anyways the politics and that I have trouble with.

The people: GREAT! I think Asian immigrant to Canada or the US are the best immigrants, they strive to learn the language and make something of themselves with education.

Although in hick Manitoba Canada, the only Chinese person I see weekly, is the family who owns the town's chinese restaurant!!

People put that stereotype that you guys are smarter than the rest, I don't believe that.

I believe the culture is morally and ethically INTACT, and their is great importance and value on education to your people.

So as far as superpower, if the United States, Canada, Europe, continue down our ethical and moral decline (which is already happened but getting worse), and China continues to stay morally and ethically strong, then I think they could become the next world power.

I think ethics and morals have alot to do with world powers.

The Romans started the Republic, and had a great code of values.
The Greeks started democracy, and also had a strong code of ethics.

When the United States was founded it was founded on strong values, but those values are crumbling to the ground.

China has strong values, and I think they are slowly emerging as our world's next power.

And as long as they fix up their enviromental practices, I have no problem with them becoming our superpower!

china
westmanguy ,Hi friend
china the member, what do you think, does China have the ability to overthrow the USA as our world's ________________________________________________
__ don,t know and don't realy care .

Never been to China, would love to travel there._____________________________________
___yes ,I would recomend that , you might learn alot .
And parents can't have more than 1 child right? So abortion and child limits irrirate me very much.`
___..well yes and no , if you are a farmer and your firstborn is a girl ,you can try again a second time .(farmer wants a boy) .If you are like me , laowai .....a foreigner ; you can have as many as you want .
I worry about the enviroment, China is not clean with their growing economy.
__ Yeap , very dirty but it is slowly cleaning up
People put that stereotype that you guys are smarter than the rest, I don't believe that.
___ Well , from what I see ,the Chinese have a very stong memeory but that has nothing to do with being smart or wise.
China has strong values, and I think they are slowly emerging as our world's next power.
____ they have very strong family values.
Again I would suggest reading letters from English teachers in China on Daves ESL Cafe.

no new posts