Print Press: Will it die?

View Poll Results: Print Press:
Will die out 2 40.00%
Will live on 3 60.00%
other 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

westmanguy
Ultimately I see newspapers as the past and soon will be gone and it will move to the web.

Subscription rates are down all over the place.

I just cancelled my subscription to the Winnipeg Free Press, because I can get all this news online!!

What do you think?

hermanntrude
it'll probably live on but in different forms and with different applications

westmanguy
PRINT is the key word, you still believe paper news will live?

hermanntrude
yes but the format will be different. There are and always will be people who prefer a hard copy. Maybe the quality will rise in order to make people more interested. The print runs will be smaller but higher quality. Maybe they'll find a way of printing moving pictures or holograms or something.... there'll always be something

eh1eh
There will always be a need for local advertising. A paper does that well. I use no national or big city papers. My local, 3 edition a week rag gives me local happenings and local sale papers. Something you can't get on the internet. It will be a long time before a network sophsiticated enough and hardware in homes is equally sophisticated to supply current ads locally. But it will come.

westmanguy
It already happens.

Websites read your IP address and do local ads.

When I goto FOXNews.com their is canadian advertising.

sympatico.msn.ca has local ads for MB.

Its already happened...

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by westmanguyView Post

It already happens.

Websites read your IP address and do local ads.

When I goto FOXNews.com their is canadian advertising.

sympatico.msn.ca has local ads for MB.

Its already happened...

they're not very good at it. I'm still getting adverts for milton keynes and canterbury. only some of them have realised i've moved.

westmanguy
IP-based advertising is only going to get easier...

Tonington
Isn't the majority of the work done now done on computers anyways? I have a frined whose father worked for the local paper, he had to go back to school to get trained in the software.

mapleleafgirl
Quote: Originally Posted by westmanguyView Post

Ultimately I see newspapers as the past and soon will be gone and it will move to the web.

Subscription rates are down all over the place.

I just cancelled my subscription to the Winnipeg Free Press, because I can get all this news online!!

What do you think?

where is your proof? everybody i know gets the paper delivered to their house. i think they are okay..most people like to read, i think.you cant take a computer into the bathroom with you

west, what do all these polls you do prove anyway?

westmanguy
I KNEW IT!

You were going to make comments about the poll!

Polls don't seem to bother other people.

Are you anti polls?

eh1eh
Ya Maple, why do you hate the Polish?

tamarin
Polls, as Diefenbaker said, are for dogs. Everyone knows the average person is a liar anyway.