School: Dead Mouse Found in BBQ Chips

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
(03-16) 10:37 PDT Colorado Springs, Colo. (AP) --
An eighth-grader said he found a dead mouse inside a bag of Frito-Lay barbecue potato chips he bought in a school lunch line, and his claim appears credible, school officials said.
The boy reported he found the mouse Wednesday at Lewis-Palmer Middle School in Monument, about 40 miles south of Denver. The principal and a vice principal interviewed his parents and other students who were sitting at the same lunch table and decided the incident didn't appear to be a prank, said Donna Wood, a spokeswoman for the Lewis-Palmer School District.
Frito-Lay spokeswoman Aurora Gonzalez said Friday the Plano, Texas-based company expected to receive the bag of chips soon and will investigate to determine what action, if any, it will take.
"We take these things very seriously because we have stringent quality control in place," Gonzalez said.
Wood said the school district has temporarily pulled all chips from its vending machines and lunch lines.
Frito-Lay is a unit of PepsiCo Inc.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
So because one chip bag has a mouse in it they all do?

No. A mouse in a bag suggests that the factory's cleanliness leaves something to be desired. If there is a mouse, there is also likely to be a Cockroach. I've never liked Frito-Lay products. Now I have an excuse.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That's vermin, doing what vermin do. *shrugs* Ya know, most people I know have had mice in their kitchens at some point. Why is it we expect that a massive factory won't have the same problems our tiny kitchens do? We need to be realistic about the fact that food is food, and vermin will want at it. Our food is so cheap, because we allow factory production of it, which means each individual item doesn't need to come into contact with a person before it hits the shelves. This is the inevitability of factory foods. Gross, yes. Surprising? No. Does it single them out as worse than anyone else? No.

I wonder how many he reached in and ate before he found the mouse?

This is why I can't eat in the dark. lol.