• I would rather have a Wealthy Childhood/Poor adulthood

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I would rather have a Poor Childhood/Wealthy adulthood

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters

CDN87

Nominee Member
Dec 24, 2006
If you were to pick between these two lives, which would you choose?

Born into a wealthy family and ending up poor or financially weak or being born into a poor family and ending up rich?

I pick the former as you don't actually have to DO anything to have a luxurious part of life whereas if you have a poor childhood, you always have to work.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
If you were to pick between these two lives, which would you choose?

Born into a wealthy family and ending up poor or financially weak or being born into a poor family and ending up rich?

I pick the former as you don't actually have to DO anything to have a luxurious part of life whereas if you have a poor childhood, you always have to work.
Huh??? I'm not following the logic on that last paragraph there.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I chose the one I actually had. I think it's worth being poor for some of your life to learn the values of life, but it softens the blow if you have the poor bit as a kid

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Obviously it is better to go from poor to rich then rich to poor because it is the fall that kills us psychologically.

CDN87

Nominee Member
Dec 24, 2006
Huh??? I'm not following the logic on that last paragraph there.

I'm trying to say you don't have to work hard to have a luxurious part of life if you're born into a rich family whereas you have to work extremely hard to get rich of you are born into a poor family.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I'm trying to say you don't have to work hard to have a luxurious part of life if you're born into a rich family whereas you have to work extremely hard to get rich of you are born into a poor family.

not true. i'm a lazy bum and i'm earning nicely now thanks. I wouldnt consider myself rich though. Seriously in debt is closer to the mark, but rising fast :0)

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
I chose a poor childhood. It's no fun being poor, and since childhood is a relatively short period of time, as compared to the rest of your life, and as while a child you don't realize what you are missing to the full extent, it's better to be poor for some fifteen or twenty years, and get it over with. And then a whole lifetime of wealth, and independence, and all the good stuff that goes with it...

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Not much of a choice - basing childhood on financial security - which may be the most important thing to some people - not me.

My only choice if I had one to make for a successful childhood and start in life would be:

Nurturing and understanding parents who were willing to spend as much time "in their heads" teaching me as "in their hearts" loving me.

All else is just money (or lack thereof) and doesn't grow an individual child in any significant way.