Favorite Fast-Food Resteraunt?

Csknight

Mar 8, 2007
What is your fast food resteraunt...? Mine would have to be Wendy's. A hamburger combo with a frosty:angel8:

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
see, when I was in Canada last (about 3 months ago), I found that the McDonald's were awful...I tried a few fast food joints in the US though.My worst has to be Taco Bell, I thought Jack in the Box wasnt too bad. (I am lucky enough to be in the only town in the UK that had one of these, so I knew what I was getting in the US) but Arby's is most definatly my favourite.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
My FAVOURITE used to be a little place in Thunder Bay called Coney Island restaurant. They still serve up hot dogs and hamburgers with their coney sauce. It wasn't a chain restaurant, but it was quicker than any other place I've been to, so, I call it fast food. They make their fries with peanut oil or something...they have this really distinct taste. You can get a plate of spaghetti for 3.50, or a hot dog for a buck, or breakfast for 2 bucks. It's a little, grubby hole in the wall on Fredrica street, old as the hills. It's got an old fashioned 50's diner style counter...and it isn't retro...the place just hasn't changed since then. It has three old booths. It's tiny, but at supper time or lunch time, the line is out the door. Nothing compares, I tell ya! If you are ever in Thunder Bay, be sure to stop in there.

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
Coney Island is definitely great snfu; for such a cultural wasteland, Thunder Bay has some very unique little restaurants. Top if off with Merla-Mae Ice Cream for dessert, and you've set. Another good place is the 60s style Norma Jean's in Thunder Bay, though it is in a very sketch part of the city, as well as the Hoito, the Scand (Scandanavian Home Restaurant) and Ma's Restaurant, which served the freshest Chinese food I've ever had at a restaurant (though it is sadly closed now).

As far as fast food, I always get a Mozza burger and fries from A&W; when you work in a mall, you learn to stomach fast food.

However, when I want to eat fancy and spend a lot of money, the Caribou in Thunder Bay is top-notch; it is contemporary Canadian cuisine, and very upscale and fancy. My absolute favourite ever though was Feenie's in Vancouver (though getting to chat with him after probably helped it a lot).

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
i dont have many faves for anything...I'm too moody I guess. lol. But my top fast food spots include Edo Japan, Opa, Taco Bell, and Arby's.

Csknight

Mar 8, 2007
For a decent burger it'd either be Burger Baron in Kelowna or DQ's for a Brazierburger cuz they're flame broiled not boiled and then nuked. Quizzno's for other sandwiches. Edo's in Nelson for Japanese food.

When I first saw that letter I was thinknig of this disquisting place:

Luckily I saw Baron after that and I sighed in relief... Lol

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
You might want to remove that pic before your post is deleted.

My favourite is probably A&W, and secondly DQ.. I love their flamethrower burger..

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Theres a few Coney Island Dog Shops in Rhode Island. My fav is in downtown Providence is in a old trailor type of diner and its been there decades. I used to walk down broad street to get there at midnight in the dead of winter just cause I was bored.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I like Double Whopper with cheese and NO sauce please.
They even have good coffee, and they will give me 2% milk in my coffee, they will do my
fries without salt, what more could I ask.

There used to be a place in Campbell River called Dells Burgers, good food, don't know
if they are there any more.