Double Standard: Conservative Young People + Liberal Young People

westmanguy
shady01, I plan to add you to my ignore list.

You are insulting, immature, condescending, mean, and hurtful.

Not someone I want to hear from.

I expect civility and respect no matter the topic. If you apologize, I forgive easily... but I highly doubt you would admit your error.

hermanntrude
generally speaking, I generally think that in general, generally, young people DO tend to be lacking the facts in many matters. BUT I still think that it's rude to discount their views based on their age due to assumptions. phrases like "are you aware that..." or "maybe you would say that if you knew ...." spring to mind

shady01
Quote: Originally Posted by westmanguyView Post

shady01, I plan to add you to my ignore list.

You are insulting, immature, condescending, mean, and hurtful.

Not someone I want to hear from.

I expect civility and respect no matter the topic. If you apologize, I forgive easily... but I highly doubt you would admit your error.

If you took my advice as an insult then I am sorry. It wasn't meant that way I assure you and I really do think that most young people your age should be out getting stoned or getting drunk or getting laid instead of spending a thursday asking for advice from strangers on a talk forum. However, to each his own. Let's not be enemies. o.k? You must admit, this is only a forum where people use different handles as names. It's not as if anyone knows who you really are and that you should be ashamed of your behaviour.

Pangloss
Quote: Originally Posted by westmanguyView Post

Just a off-topic chat.

The Conservative/Liberal + Religious/Atheist divide is growing, soon this is going to come to a head and get dirty.

Religious/Atheist battle coming? Are you kidding? Godheads have been beating up Humanists without pause for, oh, a couple of thousand years.

It is already dirty, and the only reason you see it as "coming to a head" is that the Humanists are finally starting to call the deists on some of their behaviour. Fighting back should never be confused with aggression.

Pangloss