The secret

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
http://www.oprah.com/spiritself/slide/20070208/ss_20070208_284_101.jhtml

Ive taken exeprts from the Oprah pages if thats OK with you Avro and linked it
I was watching T.V ,flipping through and saw something untitled "the secret" ,it was on Oprah ,I'm not a Oprah fan but this caught me ,The laws of attraction and the basic Idea just seemed plausible actually possibly making sense --Does anyone know of this ?

The Secret as the law of attraction, which is the principle that "like attracts like." Rhonda calls it "the most powerful law in the universe," and says it is working all the time. "What we do is we attract into our lives the things we want, and that is based on what we're thinking and feeling," Rhonda says. The principle explains that we create our own circumstances by the choices we make in life. And the choices we make are fueled by our thoughts—which means our thoughts are the most powerful things we have here on earth.

The law of attraction means that everything that happens to you—good or bad—you attract to yourself. Lisa describes it as if you're placing an order. "If you were at a restaurant and you ordered something, you fully expect it to come served that way. That's how the universe is. You're putting out orders—consciously and unconsciously," Lisa says. "So if you say, 'I'll never have a great relationship,' you just placed an order."

"Most people focus on how it is. We talk about our current reality—'I'm in debt. I'm overweight. I'm not happy. I'm sad. The world's not working. We're at war,' whatever. And the more you think about that and focus on that and talk about it, the more you attract that [negativity]," he says

Although thoughts are powerful, Jack says the feelings that the thoughts generate are what actually attract things into our lives. "Too many times people are thinking a thought like, 'I want to be my perfect body weight of 185 pounds.' But they look at the scale and they see 205 and they think, 'But I'll never make it,' … so they feel bad," Jack says. Instead of wallowing in those negative thoughts, you need to find the positive in the situation

Jack and James say that this means there is no such thing as a coincidence. "Everything happens by principles and laws in our universe. And so consequently, we have an absolutely unlimited power within us," James says.

Anyways, there lots more to explore and this just was looking for some thoughts on this subject thanks

Best of the day to you !!

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
YES!!!!!!!!! My VERY first Metaphysical concept that I GOT!!! The book I read was Excuse Me Your Life Is Waiting. by Lynn Grabhorn A MUST read! But her next 2 books were nutty (I think she had a brain tumor) she died soon after. That was my first Message Board and I met my Soulmate through it........memories LOL Seriously a fantastic book!

Another great concept is the 17 seconds of Bliss. If you can hold a positive thought 17 seconds then youur mood is changed the longer you hold it the more it rises. Thats by the Hicks I dont know if they have any books.

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
This is great self ,it seems it is not about having to follow a reglion, a cult, a person, or an entiy

but all those could be in conjuctuion ,so not giving anything up but negative thoughts ?
It seems to be about winthin ?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Hi Temperance, Like attracts like. You know if you are in a grumpy mood it will put the people around you in a bad mood too. If you are always thinking negative you will naturley attract people that agree and have similar veiws of life.
I find I need to stay away from certain people to allow myself to break out of the negative thought cycle.
When I became a father I saw a fresh mind that was influenced by me greatly. My negative thinking was directly reflected in my childs behavior. This taught me a valuable lesson on positive thinking.
I really don't think it's a secrect
:wave:

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Ah but the secret is in applying the practice to your life. Lets say your broke and you just keep thinking how broke you are. You remain broke. But apply the law of attraction and see what happens. Think how rich you are not just money wise but life wise. You become blissful in thinking of all the great things are in your life. Im doing so you become a cosmic magnet and the true happiness your feeling attracts more and more into your life.

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
This is one of those things that people can easily prove to themselves. If you're a skeptic, next time you're in a nasty mood or something is going wrong in your life, think positively and see what happens!

I don't think it's much of a secret... my mom has been telling me to think good thoughts for as long as I can remember, and even though I can't always do it, when I do have the strength it's amazing what can come of it.

I could go into some details about my thoughts on this, but the critics on this board can be a bit overbearing sometimes, and I'm not in the mood right now.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Gee, I don't know. I - like every other man under the age of 40 - walk around thinking about sex all the time, and it ain't happening all the time!

and if you're still thinking about it when you're fifty it still ain't going to be happening all the time.:laughing7::laughing7::wave:

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
I think there a bit more to it than just thinking "I need sex, I want sex Now " I think by applying positive thoughts to say your wife (she seeing you in a positive manner or a positive mind frame ) or a girl you met that may led to sex --lololo

The opposite being Telling your wife as she walks in the door from a long day at work" I n eed sex " --we all now where (depending on your wifes appetite for sex ) that will get you --lol

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Temperence I totally misunderstood your first post! The Secret is a BOOK!!! This is a discription off ebay.

Brand New, Factory Sealed "The Secret Audio Book"
For Auction: The Secret - Audio Book - 4 CDs - By Rhonda Byrne - Unabridged - Read By The Author and Contributors.
New and Factory Sealed.
Running Time: Approx. 4 Hours

We are delighted to report that The Secret (DVD) hit NUMBER ONE on the Alexa Movers and Shakers list - a worldwide report which measures traffic rankings of websites globally.

The Secret Book and DVD are on the top of the New York Times Bestsellers List!! This Audio Book has twice as much information as the DVD, with 4 hours of running time.

As seen on "Oprah", the first time LIVE SHOW on Jan 31st, 2007, requested by Rhonda Bryne, the Producer.

The cast and crew of 'The Secret' was recently interviewed with Larry King Live.

As seen on "Ellen".

This is The Secret to everything – joy, health, money, relationships, love, happiness...everything you have ever wanted.

It has been passed down through the ages, highly coveted, hidden, lost, stolen, and bought for vast sums of money. Fragments of the Great Secret have been found in the oral traditions, in literature, in religions and philosophies throughout the centuries. It has been understood by some of the most prominent people in history: Plato, Galieleo, Beethoven, Edison, Carnegie, and Einstein, along with other renowned inventors, theologians, scientists, and great thinkers.

For the first time, all the pieces of The Secret ... and you will learn how to have, do, or be anything you want. You will learn how to use The Secret in every single area of your life. You will hear from modern-day teachers - men and women who have used The Secret to achieve health, prosperity, relationships and happiness. They share their incredible stories of using The Secret to eradicate disease, acquire massive wealth, overcome obstacles, and achieve what many would regard as impossible. Through them, you will begin to understand the hidden, untapped power that is within you, and the true magnificence that awaits in you in life.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rhonda Byrne, like each of us, has been on her own journey of discovery. Along the way, she brought together a superb team of authors, ministers, teachers, filmmakers, designers and publishers to bring forth The Secret to the world, and through her vision, to bring joy to hundreds of millions.

Contributing authors are John Assaraf, Michael Bernard Beckwith, Lee Brower, Jack Canfield, Dr John F Demartini, Mike Dooley, Bob Doyle, Hale Dwoskin, Morris Goodman, Dr John Gray, Dr John Hagelin, Bill Harris, Dr Ben Johnson, Loral Langmeier, Lisa Nichols, Bob Proctor, Janes Arthur Ray, David Schirmer, Marci Shimoff, Dr Joe Vitale, Dr Denis Waitley, Neale Donald Walsch and Fred Alan Wolf.

Your purchase of this, THE SECRET Audio Book, helps to support a single, work at home mom. Thank you.

Please see my other listings, as I also carry the THE SECRET DVD, THE SECRET SOUNDTRACK (from the DVD), and THE SECRET Book (Wow! Beautiful Book!).

Some of the reviews from the movie:
"I watched it today! Amazing piece of work! In fact I think I'll watch it again before bed... hopefully this time with drier eyes."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you... The Secret is changing my life already... I'm starting to live the life I dreamt of with little effort at all!"

"It is a stunning production! Man! I am TOTALLY blown away!"

"The movie was great... I was in tears. It is a true blessing and a great vision of its creators."

"I could both see and feel sincerity and passion throughout the movie!"

"Astounding. Absolutely astounding. Beyond anything I anticipated."

"WOW - there are no words to accurately describe the shift I just felt! My daughter asked me why I was crying and I told her that sometimes when I am so happy and full of love, it spills out my eyes! I am so glad I ordered the DVD because there are so many I would love to share this with."

"The message comes through loud and clear. 90 minutes very well spent - life changing and planet changing."

"I just wanted to let you know that watching The Secret was such an incredibly powerful experience for me, that very near the end, spontaneous tears of joy began to flow from me and I thought my heart was going to explode with gratitude!"

"I just watched this movie and it is INCREDIBLE... I ordered the DVD and I can see me watching this daily for a while."

"Spellbound is the only word that I can find in my vocabulary to describe what I felt after viewing that movie. Thank you for sharing it with the world."

"The Secret is the best movie ever made in my opinion. It will do more for changing the earth in a positive way than any other tool made to this point. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for using your talents and bringing forth this monumental beautiful piece of art."

"WOW... that's all I seem to be saying at the moment. I watched this with my 16 year old son and his reaction was the exact same... WOW... I haven't stopped grinning since watching this."

"The Secret is a very fine achievement in so many ways - the story line, the art direction, the mise-en-scene, the experts, the editing. This feature is full of brains, hearts and soul."

"I can't tell you how thrilled I am that this movie has been made and with such excellence! Thank you to everyone involved from the core of my being!"

"It is so right! I cried several times!"

"This will bring hope and joy to millions. "

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can't wait to share The Secret with the world!"

"Today I was poor. Tonight I am rich!"

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
ty morag

100 quotes from "The Secret"

1. We all work with one infinite power.

2. The Secret is the Law of Attraction (LOA).

3. Whatever is going on in your mind is what you are attracting.

4. We are like magnets - like attract like. You become AND attract
what you think.

5. Every thought has a frequency. Thoughts send out a magnetic energy.

6. People think about what they don't desire and attract more of the
same.

7. Thought = creation. If these thoughts are attached to powerful
emotions, that emotion speeds the creation.

8. You attract your dominant thoughts.

9. Those who speak most of illness have illness, those who speak most
of prosperity have it, etc.

10. It's not "wishful" thinking.

11. You can't have a universe without the mind entering into it.

12. Choose your thoughts carefully; you are a masterpiece of your
life.

13. It's OK that thoughts don't manifest into reality immediately (if
we saw a picture of an elephant and it instantly appeared, that would
be too soon).

14. EVERYTHING in your life you have attracted accept that fact it's
true.

15. Your thoughts cause your feelings.

16. We don't need to complicate all the "reasons" behind our
emotions. It's much simpler than that. Two categories good feelings
and bad feelings.

17. Thoughts that bring about good feelings mean you are on the right
track. Thoughts that bring about bad feelings means you are not on
the right track.

18. Whatever it is you are feeling is a perfect reflection of what is
in the process of becoming.

19. You get exactly what you are FEELING.

20. Happy feelings will attract more happy circumstances.

21. You can begin feeling whatever you desire (even if it's not
there). The universe will correspond to the nature of your song.

22. What you focus on with your thought and feeling is what you
attract into your experience.

23. What you think and what you feel and what actually manifests is
ALWAYS a match ? No exception.

24. Shift your awareness.

25. "You create your own universe as you go along" Winston Churchill

26. It's important to feel good ( ( ( (((good))) ) ) )

27. You can change your emotion immediately by thinking of something
joyful, or singing a song, or remembering a happy experience.

28. When you get the hang of this, before you know it you will KNOW
you are the creator.

29. Life can and should be phenomenal and it will be when you
consciously apply the Law of Attraction.

30. Universe will re-arrange itself accordingly.

31. Start by using this sentence for all of your desires: "I'm so
happy and grateful now that?."

32. You don't need to know HOW the universe is going to rearrange
itself.

33. LOA is simply figuring out for yourself what will generate the
positive feelings of having it NOW.

34. You might get an inspired thought or idea to help you move
towards what you desire faster.

35. The universe likes SPEED. Don't delay, don't second-guess, don't
doubt.

36. When the opportunity or impulse is then ACT

37. You will attract everything you require - money, people,
connections. PAY ATTENTION to what's being set in front of you.

38. You can start with nothing and out of nothing or no way, a WAY
will be provided.

39. HOW LONG??? No rules on time the more aligned you are with
positive feelings the quicker things happen.

40. Size is nothing to the universe (unlimited abundance if that's
what you wish). We make the rules on size and time.

41. No rules according to the universe; you provide the feelings of
having it now and the universe will respond.

42. Most people offer the majority of their thought in response to
what they are observing (bills in the mail, being late, having bad
luck, etc.)

43. You have to find a different approach to what is through a
different vantage point.

44. "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" - Buddha

45. What can you do right now to turn your life around?? Gratitude.

46. Gratitude will bring more into our lives immediately.

47. What we think about and THANK about is what we bring about.

48. What are the things you are grateful for? Feel the gratitude,
focus on what you have right now that you are grateful for.

49. Play the picture in your mind - focus on the end result.

50. VISUALIZE!!! Rehearse your future

51. VISUALIZE!!! See it, feel it! This is where action begins.

52. Feel the joy.. feel the happiness!

53. An affirmative thought is 100 times more powerful than a negative
one.

54. "What this power is, I cannot say. All I know is that it exists."
Alexander Graham Bell.

55. Our job is not to worry about the "How". The "How" will show up
out of the commitment and belief in the "what."

56. The How's are the domain of the universe. It always knows the
quickest, fastest, most harmonious way between you and your dream.

57. If you turn it over to the universe, you will be surprised and
dazzled by what is delivered... this is where magic and miracles
happen.

58. Turn it over to the universe daily, but it should never be a
chore.

59. Feel exhilarated by the whole process: high, happy, and in tune.

60. The only difference between people who are really living this way
is they have habituated ways of being.

61. They remember to do it all the time.

62. Create a Vision Board: pictures of what you desire to attract.
Every day look at it and get into the feeling state of already having
acquired these desires.

63. "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming
attractions. " Albert Einstein.

64. Decide what you desire, believe you can have it, believe you
deserve it, believe it's possible for you.

65. Close your eyes and visualize having what you already desire -
and the feeling of having it already.

66. Focus on being grateful for what you have already. Enjoy it!!
Then release it to the universe. The universe will manifest it.

67. "Whatever the mind of man can conceive, it can achieve." W.
Clement Stone

68. Set a goal so big that if you achieved it, it would blow your
mind.

69. When you have an inspired thought, you must trust it and act on
it.

70. How can you become more prosperous?? INTEND IT!!

71. "Checks are coming in the mail regularly," or change your bank
statement to whatever balance you desire, and get behind the feeling
of having it.

72. Life is meant to be abundant in ALL areas.

73. Go for the sense of inner joy and peace then all outside things
appear.

74. We are the creators of our universe.

75. Relationships: Treat yourself the way you desire to be treated by
others love yourself and you will be loved.

76. Have a healthy respect for yourself.

77. For those you work with or interact with regularly get a notebook
and write down positive aspects of each of those people.

78. Write down the things you like most about them (don't expect
change from them). The Law of Attraction will not put you in the same
space together if your
frequencies don't match.

79. When you realize your potential to feel good, you will ask no one
to be different in order for you to feel good.

80. You will free yourself from the cumbersome impossibilities of
needing to control the world, your friends, your mate, your children.

81. You are the only one that creates your reality.

82. No one else can think or feel for you. Its YOU, ONLY YOU.

83. Health: thank the universe for your own healing. Laugh. Stress
free happiness will keep you healthy.

84. Your immune system will heal itself.

85. Parts of our bodies are replaced every day, every week etc.
Within a few years we have a brand new body.

86. See yourself living in a new body. Hopeful = recovery. Happy =
happier biochemistry. Stress degrades the body.

87. Remove stress from the body and the body regenerates itself. You
can heal yourself.

88. Learn to become still and take your attention away from what you
don't desire, and place your attention on what you wish to experience.

89. When the voice and vision on the inside become more profound and
clear than the opinions on the outside, then you have mastered your
life.

90. You are not here to try to get the world to be just as you desire
it. You are here to create the world around you that you choose.

91. And allow the world as others choose to see it, to exist as well.

92. People think that if everyone knows the power of the LOA there
won't be enough to go around. This is a lie that's been ingrained in
us and makes so many greedy.

93. The truth is there is more than enough love, creative ideas,
power, joy, happiness to go around.

94. All of this abundance begins to shine through a mind that is
aware of its own infinite nature. There's enough for everyone. See
it. Believe it. It will show up for you.

95. So let the variety of your reality thrill you as you choose all
the things you desire and get behind the good feelings of all your
desires.

96. Write your script. When you see things you don't desire, don't
think about them, write about them, talk about them, push against
them, or join groups that focus on them remove your attention from
don't desires and instead place them on do desires.

97. We are mass energy. Everything is energy. EVERYTHING!!!

98. Don't define yourself by your body......you are the infinite being
that's connected to everything in the universe.

99. One energy field. Our bodies have distracted us from our energy.
We are the infinite field of unfolding possibilities, the creative
force.

100. Are your thoughts worthy of you? If not - NOW is the time to
change them. You can begin right where you are right now. Nothing
matters but this moment and what you are focusing your attention on.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Gee, I don't know. I - like every other man under the age of 40 - walk around thinking about sex all the time, and it ain't happening all the time!

If you're single, lower your standards. I prefer quality to quantity personally, oh and less risk of STD.