• Depends on the topic.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't respond to polls.

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
When replying to polls, do you ever blatantly lie? Do you enjoy skewing results? Is it dependant on the topic?

Reactions: Curiosity

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I dont on the most part respond to polls. I can never find my point of view. On another forum I used to run we had a brilliant young poster find the perfect solution. Add a choice called Mu it means No Opinion or I obstain

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Polls are polls. A recent poll queried teenage boys on whether they had ever intentionally sought out sex sites on the Internet. The respondents, with the permission of their parents, participated. Seems only 39% ever had. Now that is skewing!

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
No ,I mean yes ,what was the question ?

lol

of course If I don't want to answer then I just don't participate --there no use lying --

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Polls are the most useless form of information gathering invented for diverse reasons...

We all love to have our input on matters which interest us....so we vote..... and skew too and it's a hoot....

Are we always honest in our responses? Of course not..... the thrill of being anonymous is a temptation.

When people give stats based on polls... even the biggies done around election time... you are
looking at an agenda.... a response based on a necessary bias or need. I've always called polls
the "*****s" of the media...

It's like the forbidden fruit.... we all have to taste the apple....to satisfy ourselves not the pollsters.

GREAT QUESTION TONINGTON !!

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I only lie to protect peoples feelings..telemarketers and pollsters don't even qualify as human to me,so misleading them is just a fun exercise.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
To add to what Curio said, anyone who knows a thing or two can skew results by changing the wording of the question posed.

Also, I only added the last option as a joke, but there are people who generally don't respond.