Newbie Here

dude1981
Hey peeps! How's it going? Name's Rick and I'm new to your online list. Just joined last night. some of you might not like me, I'm just a teenager still in high school. gonna be 16 in April. My older sister is already a member here, her name's Sue. don't know what online name she uses. I'll find out though.

So, I'm into Zelda on the Gamescube, don't believe in God(though my sister is training to be a Roman Catholic) Kinda funny I think, "Training" to be RC. Didn't know it was so hard!!hah hah

I guess that's all for now, so keep it hanging tight!

Rick

marygaspe
Quote: Originally Posted by dude1981View Post

Hey peeps! How's it going? Name's Rick and I'm new to your online list. Just joined last night. some of you might not like me, I'm just a teenager still in high school. gonna be 16 in April. My older sister is already a member here, her name's Sue. don't know what online name she uses. I'll find out though.

So, I'm into Zelda on the Gamescube, don't believe in God(though my sister is training to be a Roman Catholic) Kinda funny I think, "Training" to be RC. Didn't know it was so hard!!hah hah

Rick

Welcome. It isn't necessary to use real names, that is why the membership adopts their online names. If I'm not mistaken, your sister is Mapleleafgirl.

Welcome to the forum!

AmberEyes
Ah, maple told us about you. Hello, and welcome!

eh1eh

Rick

Welcome dude. We knew you were coming. You and Sue seem like quite a pair. I personally like the fresh perspective a younger person can bring to some of the debates we have here. I hope we can enlighten each other. I have a daughter starting high school so I'm definitley interested in your opinion.
Enjoy.

hermanntrude
welcome

dude1981
Thank you everybody. looks like a pretty intense list.

darkbeaver

Rick

Hello DUDE1981, I'm darkbeaver nice to meat you, so why might some of us not like you?

dude1981
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Hello DUDE1981, I'm darkbeaver nice to meat you, so why might some of us not like you?

I seem to piss allot of adults off when i tell them what I think, especially when it's about god and government.

darkbeaver

I seem to piss allot of adults off when i tell them what I think, especially when it's about god and government.

Me too, it's fun ain't it, those old farts are easy to get a rag outta what?

hermanntrude

they do say two subjects to avoid are politics and religion

Ariadne

Is that the reaction that you want? I mean, if you want to "piss allot of adults off", then you're doing fine. If it's not the response you want, then maybe you need to refine your presentation. After all, not all adults are offended by any ideas on God and politics. I have to wonder if some 16 year olds are equally offended, or is it just people older than you that respond in the manner you describe? 16 year olds are a rather diverse group and would presumably have a rather diverse understanding or God and politics so ... if it's your ideas that are controversial, then there would be some 16 year olds that would have the same reaction as some adults. True?