Do you Think That The Penalty for Child Labour should be more strict?

View Poll Results: Do u think that the penalties for child labour should be harsher?
Yes 3 75.00%
No 1 25.00%
No Opinion 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

SlimShady
Plz hlep, this is for a project. DONT B SILLY

hermanntrude
i don't actually know what the penalty is now.

hermanntrude
why would u expect us to be silly?

SlimShady
Rite now the penalty is 20 yrs. and i dun noe y u'd b sili. just a post

hermanntrude
20 years seems plenty to me. it's a nasty crime but 20 years is a long sentence

SlimShady
o, i did sum reaserch, and i found out that in the USA and Mexico, its 50 yrs-Life.

hermanntrude
personally i think the US is an insane place, and don't know anything about mexico.

DurkaDurka
Are you talking about sweat shops or just generally employing a child?

SlimShady
I'm talkin about 3rd party people exploiting children and young adults.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimShadyView Post

and i dun noe y u'd b sili.

Ya, I hav no idee y anywun wood wanna bee sili heer.

L Gilbert
20 years? Back off, my kids wanted to help me out.

Vicious
You're gonna hafta be a bit more specific. I pay my 6 year old $1 each time he cleans his room (so far this year it's cost be $1). I'm fairly certain I'm not gonna do 20 years for that. How about a lemonade stand, a paper route, mowing lawns that first fast food job when you're 14? All of these are child labour.

I think you might be talking about forced child labour something that's a bit more like kidnapping and confinement...

SlimShady
For all of you that are wondering wut this is about, this is like children being FORCED by "bad" people to do tasks that exploits them. Also these children have no say on wut they do. if they say anything or complain, they may be killed or foced to work harder.

L Gilbert
In Canuckville? Any instances? (Well, besides Bountiful BC)

Sparrow
Child labour with punishment, confinement, or any kind of abuse is worse than many crimes with the exception of murder. They destroy these children for the rest of their life, they murder their future if that makes any sense. As far as I am concerned we need a special punishment for them but I don't know what. Maybe instead of prison they should be made to work in the same conditions as these children for 20 yrs.

SlimShady
I agree, that wolud be a good punishment. Its not fair to the children who suffer.

Libra Girl
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

20 years? Back off, my kids wanted to help me out.

lol

But, do we believe you?

Lets have a show of hands here...

Libra Girl
Quote: Originally Posted by ViciousView Post

You're gonna hafta be a bit more specific. I pay my 6 year old $1 each time he cleans his room (so far this year it's cost be $1). I'm fairly certain I'm not gonna do 20 years for that. How about a lemonade stand, a paper route, mowing lawns that first fast food job when you're 14? All of these are child labour.

I think you might be talking about forced child labour something that's a bit more like kidnapping and confinement...

Good points vicious! It needs to be defined more clearly.

tamarin
I come from a generation where most kids worked summers from 12 years on. It was expected. It was also a rite of growing up and a sign you understood the meaning of responsibility and contribution. Today's kids are so addled I'm not really that concerned about them. I'd much rather punish those who allow them to weasel out of doing something useful for their families and communities.

SlimShady
Ya i agreee, and i said that i mean children forcefully taken away from their family