Kid Forums

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Just join myspace and the legion of freaks there. You'll get to witness the largest circus cybershow around. If you have a tattoo on your ass you can show it off there. If you know how to gangsta sign you can twirl your cuppers there. Lots of goomers and you might enjoy it. Good luck!

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
OK I have 2 girls and my boy liked nitendo. My girls liked Disney and nickolodian. I had every other sites blocked. Thats the best I can do.........theres a game something quest An old boyfriend and his kids used to play it at night.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
clubpenguin.com is an interactive game site, where kids are penguins and can talk to each other...it is heavily monitored etc, so it's pretty safe.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Most 12 years olds I know are not quite ready for the open forums simply because there are too many freaks that prey on younger people while pretending to be one themselves. My son and his friends use MSN and carry on multiple converations with each other. Their MSN identity is usually shared with friends even before phone numbers ... so why not encourage your friends to join MSN and meet friends through friends while discussing anything from games to IB programs in a relatively safe environment.

Alternatively, pick one of your hobbies and join a forum that has people with similar interests. For example, if you're really into graphic design, there are many sites where people post their work, share ideas, give feedback on work in progress, etcetera.

Nexopia and myspace are not safe places because adults seek out friendships with children for the wrong reasons. Furthermore, there are documented cases of children being lured through those sites and ending up in very dangerous situations; including murdered.

On the other hand (as I previously mentioned), you seem aatypically articulate and educated in grammar and spelling for a 12 year old, so maybe you should post as someone older than 12.

Reactions: selfactivated

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Most 12 years olds I know are not quite ready for the open forums simply because there are too many freaks that prey on younger people while pretending to be one themselves. My son and his friends use MSN and carry on multiple converations with each other. Their MSN identity is usually shared with friends even before phone numbers ... so why not encourage your friends to join MSN and meet friends through friends while discussing anything from games to IB programs in a relatively safe environment.

Alternatively, pick one of your hobbies and join a forum that has people with similar interests. For example, if you're really into graphic design, there are many sites where people post their work, share ideas, give feedback on work in progress, etcetera.

Nexopia and myspace are not safe places because adults seek out friendships with children for the wrong reasons. Furthermore, there are documented cases of children being lured through those sites and ending up in very dangerous situations; including murdered.

On the other hand (as I previously mentioned), you seem aatypically articulate and educated in grammar and spelling for a 12 year old, so maybe you should post as someone older than 12.

EXCELLENT post!!!

Nightmare

Electoral Member
Jan 28, 2007
Ontario

Thanks!
I usually say I'm born in 1990.
And I'm pretty mature.
Don't you think so?
:)

Nightmare

Electoral Member
Jan 28, 2007
Ontario
By the way, I just tried Club Penguin.
It sucks!
Everything you do except for lame games, you have to be a member to do it.