People panic as 10-15 UFOs are witnessed over Islington, London

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
UFO sighting over Islington
nlnews@archant.co.uk

Islington Gazette

02 February 2007

The mysterious lights in the sky over Archway, Islington, London. The strange lights actually caused panic and what they were remains a mystery

DOZENS of mysterious lights were spotted hovering in the sky above Archway - spreading panic among residents below.

Unidentified flying orange objects stopped traffic and left residents staring skyward in disbelief at around 5.30pm on Thursday.

Islington police received four calls within a matter of minutes.

Witness Alix Mc Alister, 34, a market stall trader from Bredgar Road, Archway, said: "I just picked up my son from nursery in Bredgar Road. I had just come out of the door when I noticed what was going on in the sky.

"There were a group of them - 10 to 15 of them moving together. My first impression was that they reminded me of a squadron of aeroplanes in formation. But they didn't have a proper formation and they were all moving at the same speed.

"I thought for a while that something was happening in the centre of London. Bombs and planes crossed my mind. But I realised very quickly that they didn't look like any aircraft I'd seen before.

"They were coming from the north and moving south. And then they kind of stopped and they were hovering. There was no sound. They seemed to fade away and I saw more coming and then they stopped. It lasted about 10 minutes."

Islington police informed Contact International UFO Research about the sightings. Soon after another witness contacted the Oxford-based organisation, which is devoted to solving the mystery of UFOs, and described what he saw.

A spokesman for Contact International said: "He told me he was picking his daughter up from school and he saw many people looking up in the air. Traffic had stopped and people were staring.

"He said he saw between 12 and 15 orange lights travelling across the sky. Then they would stop and then they went upwards.

islingtongazette.co.uk

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
We've had numerous UFO sightings over the years. Most get tossed in the dustbin. Yet we only need one authentication and the world's a brand new ball game.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
this one is interesting because it was seen by multiple people in multiple places in a large city. Who the hell knows what they were, most likely man-made but we might never know

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
These sightings are often dismissed as experimental aircraft or "secret" technology...

It's actually my people looking for me...

We of the XLGQ*% never mastered navigation across the universe...propulsion and fuel are no problem my people are all over the place in the universe...we're always getting lost...

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Mikey, does that make you officially a space cadet then? What academy? Hmmmm......

No ma'am. First Loootenant...

I was a space cadet when I furst got here but I took the entrance exams from back home to enter the academy and got my bar.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
it just occurred to me that if that photo is of the lights that people saw, they're below the clouds. probably puts them at the level heathrow should have picked them up at....

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
Yeesh, why can't anyone ever take a decent picture of these unidentified things? Sure seems a lot more convincing than 8 white pixels above a rooftop.

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
Um the gentleman witness ,,,,what is a market stall trader ? like a real market fruit and veggie or market money ?

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Surely, one incident from the tens of thousands of UFO sightings reported has to be real. And if only that one is real, we're not alone. But then that nasty thought intrudes: if UFO's are real, the beings inside them are far more advanced than we. As a few films have proposed, we'd be an excellent food supply. They might even factory farm us. Given our record, I guess we deserve it.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
One being's junk is another's treasure! But the prospects are horrifying. Given the government's penchant for keeping UFO's under wraps, how many of us would have to die before the grisly secret spilled out?

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
why do we always jump to the conclusion that these things are aliens? a UFO is an unidentified flying object, which is exactly what these things were. A few of you have been doubting the credability of the sightings but it states clearly in the article that it was seen by multiple people in multiple places.

The lights were below the cloud level so if they were large objects they should have been picked up by heathrow, since heathrow didnt go crazy and sound the alarm i'm guessing there was nothing physical there. My strongest theory so far is someone was playing with a laser and shining it on the clouds, or a very bright light with a projecting beam.