Which one would you choose????

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Just curious;

Let's say, just for the sake of saying, that Canada is like Vermont re: its' gun laws. I.E. you can walk into a store and buy a handgun. No permit or anything. Vt. has wide open concealed carry law (probably just for Vt. citizens, dunno), so what would you buy??

Forget all about fully-auto assault thingys. We are Canadian after all. Just pistols or revolvers please. Which ones? Eh?

Since I'm asking, I get to go first. I've always been partial to a .38cal. hammerless revolver, snub nose, nice brown checkered grip, slips into a spring-holder shoulder holster, and can be drawn and fired pretty quickly. No hammer to snag on yer suit. Now, I don't own hand guns, don't want any, and have never held this particular type, but have seen them in the movies, and they look................slick. So, if I wanted to and could, this would be what I would get.

S'my personal belief that an armed society is a polite one, and if EVERYONE had equal opportunity to be armed, there would be less armed robbery, rape, murder. Think about it. Some dickhead pulls a gun on you and demands money, you reach for your wallet, pull out your heater instead and waste the mother.......................unless he gets you first, but that's the chance you take. eh??

My tongue is firmly in my cheek writing this, but, just for the hell of it........which one??

:smilebox:BANG!!

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Why bother with concealing it then. If they can see you are armed then they will move along.

.22 caliber is enough to put someone down and lightly loaded so as not to worry about thru and thru, semi auto, 3 shot burst actually, laser spot, smooth grip heavy checkering makes minute grip adjustments hard with gloves on, no trigger guard, grip safety, in spring holster on hip

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Say what???

Nah...........If they see you're armed they put one in the back of your head and take your gun...........no fair see.??

.22.........I guess. But why take 10 shots with a .22 when one with a .38 will suffice..........We must conserve, after all. Haven't you heard of the lead shortage??

Like your choice of carry though. Marshal Dillonish sort of eh??

Ugg:grommit:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
My tongue is firmly in my cheek writing this, but, just for the hell of it........which one??
Um, I'd guess the left cheek.
lol
I had 3 handguns, sold one and the two I have now are a Schmidt .22LR/.22Magnum (chambered for both and I have both cylinders) single-action revolver and a Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX. The one I sold was a Browning Hi-Power 9mm.
Given the choice of one of these, I would stick with the Schmidt. It's an antique and in its way is a beautiful machine. Not as pretty as the DE or as practical as the Hi-Power, but it is fun to plink with. (I couldn't find a pic of one but the Hawes is really similar: http://www.gunblast.com/images/MilesFortis-AKChurch_BuffaloBore/Thumbs/Hawes.jpg )
The DE is a monster but there is a kit avaolable to tone it down to a Baby Eagle .357 Magnum. There's a choice of 10" or 6" barrels. The 6" is almost a foot long like the old Wildeys. The thing is pretty http://www.magnumresearch.com/CustomFinishes.asp mine is the titanium gold.
Browning Hi-Power: http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=007B&cat_id=051&type_id=001

Last edited:

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
So guns as a fashion statement ?

I'm not sure with such a diverse culture that hm... I would like Canadians to walk around with guns

But if I must

Kimber Ultra Carry 1911, 4" 9mm, CDP, Ultra Carry .40
1. Caliber-- .45, 9mm, .45, .40
2. My strength-- 2
3. Ease of slide operation-- 3
4. Comments-- all seemed like a normal amount of effort to get slide back, not too much

or
Colt Mustang
1. Caliber-- .380
2. My strength-- 2
3. Ease of slide operation-- 5
4. Comments-- super easy

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
No, not a fashion statement, hun. I just like the things, especially the well-built ones, and like shooting. Even if it was easy to carry one around in or out of plain sight, I doubt I would carry. They are tools. What use would I have for one while shopping in the grocery store? Like carrying a set of wrenches to the barbershop.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
So guns as a fashion statement ?

I'm not sure with such a diverse culture that hm... I would like Canadians to walk around with guns

But if I must

Kimber Ultra Carry 1911, 4" 9mm, CDP, Ultra Carry .40
1. Caliber-- .45, 9mm, .45, .40
2. My strength-- 2
3. Ease of slide operation-- 3
4. Comments-- all seemed like a normal amount of effort to get slide back, not too much

or
Colt Mustang
1. Caliber-- .380
2. My strength-- 2
3. Ease of slide operation-- 5
4. Comments-- super easy

Knew I liked you for a reason.