Do you think Canada is depending on USA?

Do you think Canada is depending on the U.S?

• Yes

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters

Nightmare

Electoral Member
Jan 28, 2007
Ontario
Hey,
I'm trying to do this project and I need your help.
I'm have this poll, so please don't mess it up.
Thanks a lot!!!

PsyOp

Electoral Member
Jan 24, 2007
Depending about what? I would choose yes and no.

I think the whole planet is depending on the U.S.
Economically, we are depending on the U.S. For defence too.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
That's a strange and difficult question to answer, but I'm difficult and strange enough to say that this Canadian is depending on the USA, I began watching the telly for a bit recently, I depend on thier news and religious channels for comedy and I depend on thier comedy for news, and I depend on thier sports and entertainment for shopping.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::wave::wave: No there's nothing wrong with the country it must be me.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::wave:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Depending about what? I would choose yes and no.

I think the whole planet is depending on the U.S.
Economically, we are depending on the U.S. For defence too.

I wonder if those million or so Iraqi fatalities were depending on the U.S.?

Defence against whom?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
That's a strange and difficult question to answer, but I'm difficult and strange enough to say that this Canadian is depending on the USA, I began watching the telly for a bit recently, I depend on thier news and religious channels for comedy and I depend on thier comedy for news, and I depend on thier sports and entertainment for shopping.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::wave::wave: No there's nothing wrong with the country it must be me.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::wave:

Well you sure summed that up. As well as Stewart or Colbert.

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
FIRST off ,what this don't screw it up stuff please be coridally when asking for something --lol gee Im not sure you deserve answers ,lol

I need a few things/answers first
What are you asking for ?
what is the project ?

Just a brief descrption would be nice

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
I wonder if those million or so Iraqi fatalities were depending on the U.S.?

Defence against whom?

Yep, this is the kind of stuff the guy needed for his report.

Not that my post is any more helpful, but it's good to see that something trivial like helping other people out is not going to stop the USA hate around here.:)

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Here's some info;

U.S.-CANADA RELATIONS
The relationship between the United States and Canada is probably the closest and most extensive in the world. It is reflected in the staggering volume of bilateral trade--the equivalent of $1.4 billion a day in goods, services, and investment income--as well as in people-to-people contact, with well over 100 million crossings of the U.S.-Canadian border every year. In fields ranging from law enforcement cooperation to environmental cooperation to free trade, the two countries work closely on multiple levels from federal to local. In addition to their close bilateral ties, Canada and the U.S. work closely through multilateral fora.

Canada--a charter signatory to the United Nations and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)--takes an active role in the United Nations, including peacekeeping operations, and participates in the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). Canada joined the Organization of American States (OAS) in 1990 and hosted the OAS General Assembly in Windsor in June 2000, and the third Summit of the Americas in Quebec City in April 2001. Canada seeks to expand its ties to Pacific Rim economies through membership in the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum (APEC), and will host the winter Olympic Games in Vancouver-Whistler, British Columbia in 2010. Although Canada views good relations with the U.S. as crucial to a wide range of interests, it occasionally pursues independent policies at odds with the United States. In 2003, Canada did not participate in the U.S.-led military coalition that liberated Iraq (although it has contributed financially to Iraq’s reconstruction and provided electoral advice). Other examples are Canada’s leadership in the creation of the UN-created International Criminal Court (ICC) for war crimes--which the U.S. opposes due to fundamental flaws in the treaty that leave the ICC vulnerable to exploitation and politically motivated prosecutions--and Canada’s decision in early 2005 not to participate directly in the U.S. missile defense program. The United States and Canada also differ on the issue of landmines. Canada is a strong proponent of the Ottawa Convention, which bans the use of anti-personnel mines. The United States, while the world’s leading supporter of demining initiatives, declined to sign the treaty due to unmet concerns regarding the protection of its forces and allies, particularly those serving on the Korean Peninsula, as well as the lack of exemptions for mixed munitions.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/2089.htm

It's a start

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Goodie ITN

U.S.-CANADA RELATIONS
The relationship between the United States and Canada is probably the closest and most extensive in the world. It is reflected in the staggering volume of bilateral trade--the equivalent of $1.4 billion a day in goods, services, and investment income--as well as in people-to-people contact, with well over 100 million crossings of the U.S.-Canadian border every year. In fields ranging from law enforcement cooperation to environmental cooperation to free trade, the two countries work closely on multiple levels from federal to local. In addition to their close bilateral ties, Canada and the U.S. work closely through multilateral fora.

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
This is what wikipedia says

Canada-United States relations span more than two centuries, marked by a shared British colonial heritage, conflict during the early years of the U.S., and the eventual development of one of the most successful international relationships in the modern world. The most serious breach in the relationship was the War of 1812, which saw an American invasion of then British North America. Friendship would be solidified in the 20th century with the shared experience of the world wars and a close alliance during the Cold War.
Canada and the United States are currently the world's largest trading partners, share the world's longest border, and have significant interoperability within the defence sphere. Modern difficulties have included repeated trade disputes (despite a continental trade agreement), environmental concerns, and debates over immigration and the movement of people across the shared border. While the foreign policies of the neighbours have been largely aligned for much of the post-war era, significant disputes have arisen, including over the Vietnam war, the status of Cuba, and the Iraq war and War on Terror.

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
At the outset of the American Revolution, the American revolutionaries regarded the presence of the British Empire in the Canadian provinces as a strategic threat. French Canadians were invited to join the resistance by sending representatives to the Continental Congress, and Canada was pre-approved for joining the United States in the Articles of Confederation. When Canada was invaded during the American Revolutionary War in an attempt to expel the British from North America, Americans hoped French Canadians would join them in the effort. None of these measures proved successful in uniting Canada with the thirteen American colonies as most Canadians sided against the U.S., although some Nova Scotians advocated joining the Americans. In peace negotiations, Benjamin Franklin unsuccessfully attempted to convince British diplomats to cede Canada to the United States. The continued presence of the British Empire in Canada after the war helped to sour relations in the succeeding years, particularly since a great number of Loyalist refugees from the American colonies resettled in Canada during and after the war.
The Treaty of Paris (1783) which ended the war called for the British to vacate a number of fortifications along the Great Lakes border. The British refused to do so, citing failure of the United States to provide financial restitution for Loyalists who had lost property in the war. The Jay Treaty in 1795 with Great Britain resolved some lingering issues, but tensions mounted again after the turn of the century, erupting into the War of 1812, when the Americans declared war on the British. The Americans were irked by British harassment of U.S. ships on the high seas, which was a by-product of British involvement in the ongoing Napoleonic Wars. The Americans did not possess a navy capable of challenging the Royal Navy, and so an invasion of Canada was proposed as the only feasible means of attacking the British Empire. Americans on the western frontier also hoped an invasion would bring an end to what they saw as British support of American Indian resistance to the westward expansion of the United States. The early strategy was to temporarily seize Canada as a means of forcing concessions from the British. As the war progressed, however, outright annexation was more frequently cited as a war aim. Many Americans hoped the Canadians would welcome the chance to overthrow their British rulers. However, the American invasion attempts were repeatedly repulsed, and the war ended as a bitter stalemate, with the animosity created lessening very gradually over the course of the 19th century as commercial and cultural ties grew.
Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Strained relations with the United States continued, however, due to a series of armed incursions named the Fenian raids by Irish-American Civil War veterans across the border from 1866 to 1871 in an attempt to overthrow British interests in North America. While officially the American government did not openly endorse the raids, and did eventually move to disarm the Fenians, the raids created lasting anger in Canada. Many Canadians believed that President Andrew Johnson initially supported the raids, and that the American government turned a blind eye to these armed incursions for far too long.
A boundary dispute in the Oregon Country (Fifty-Four Forty or Fight!) was the most serious disturbance, but was peacefully resolved. In the 1930s, the United States studied plans to invade Canada in War Plan Red, albeit as an academic exercise. Canadian defence was organized against an American invasion until the onset of World War II.
Following co-operation in the two World Wars, Canada and the United States lost much of their previous animosity. As Britain's influence as a global superpower declined, Canada and the United States became extremely close partners. Canada was a close ally of the United States during the Cold War.
The Canadian military has fought along side the U.S. in most major wars since World War II, including the Korean War, the Gulf War, the Kosovo War, and most recently, the war in Afghanistan. The main exceptions to this were the Canadian government's opposition to the Vietnam War and the Iraq War, which caused some brief diplomatic tensions. Despite these issues, military relations have remained close.

PsyOp

Electoral Member
Jan 24, 2007
Hey,
I'm trying to do this project and I need your help.
I'm have this poll, so please don't mess it up.
Thanks a lot!!!

For you project. I think you can finish it like this:

The arm of the space shuttle was surely not a coincidence. At least not for God.