Little Mosque on the Prarie


Said1
#1
Brought to by none other than the CBC. Check your local listings. :lol1:

http://www.cbc.ca/littlemosque/
 
selfactivated
#2
LOLLLLLLLL NOW I wish I had cable! LOL
 
Nuggler
#3
Gee, I hope it's as good as "Little House on the Prarie", or "Bunn Bunn and the Big Goodies", or "How to just really suck up to ethnic minorities who want to kill you", or "Baby Rabbit get a Carrot"

Gotta love Mr. touchy-feely CBC.

 
darleneonfire
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by oldnuglyView Post

Gee, I hope it's as good as "Little House on the Prarie", or "Bunn Bunn and the Big Goodies", or "How to just really suck up to ethnic minorities who want to kill you", or "Baby Rabbit get a Carrot"

Gotta love Mr. touchy-feely CBC.


This is about the third or fourth post I've seen about this show on Canadian Content in the last week or so. I enjoyed its first episode last week. What's wrong with the CBC? I tend to watch it more then any other network. I never watch the American networks, I believe Canadians should stop doing so and start supporting their own homegrown talent and productions.
 
darleneonfire
#5
By the way, it's spelt "PRAIRIE".
 
ottawabill
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by darleneonfireView Post

This is about the third or fourth post I've seen about this show on Canadian Content in the last week or so. I enjoyed its first episode last week. What's wrong with the CBC? I tend to watch it more then any other network. I never watch the American networks, I believe Canadians should stop doing so and start supporting their own homegrown talent and productions.

I understand what your trying to say except for that is the problem with Canadian TV..mainly CBC. I have no problem with Canadian tv, or American, or whatever but I watch it because it's good, enteraining and informative..not because I should, or that it's Canadian or that they need my support. If the cbc would stop making basically the same show over and over with the same casts and the same light hearted over the top humour I may watch...

I watch the Mercier report..because it's good...I watch just for laughs because it's funny. I don't watch the National because there is very little "news" I watch PBS because the documentaries are very good...

If the CBC would get away from it's "you must watch because it's Canadian" approach, they might have something...

btw I thought little Mosque was terrible, stupid jokes being forced and typical shallow acting that I've come to know and hate rom the gloriuos CBC!! It's funny how ctv can prduce atleast equal quality if not better without a cent from the government whereas the cbc cost a billion..still has bad shows and runs commercials...
 
Nuggler
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by darleneonfireView Post

This is about the third or fourth post I've seen about this show on Canadian Content in the last week or so. I enjoyed its first episode last week. What's wrong with the CBC? I tend to watch it more then any other network. I never watch the American networks, I believe Canadians should stop doing so and start supporting their own homegrown talent and productions.

Sorry Darlene:
Wasen't so much a slam at the CBC in general, but their willingness to show such PC C R A P as this.
It's not funny.
The jokes are lame.
Just MHO, you're welcome to yours.
But..................You might wish to give the American PBS specials and drama channels a try. Some pretty good stuff there.
Their run of the mill crap is the same as our run of the mill crap.

 
Nuggler
#8
GAWLEE DARLEEEEEENE

SORRREEE ABOUT THAT

ONE GOTT BUY MEE

PRAIRIE.........P R A I R I E........PRAIRIE.

Thet sure don happin two offen.

Does ya no how ta spell "***", as in "kiss my"

It's A S S, lak when ya hold up a mirorr eh.

 
#juan
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by ottawabillView Post

I understand what your trying to say except for that is the problem with Canadian TV..mainly CBC. I have no problem with Canadian tv, or American, or whatever but I watch it because it's good, enteraining and informative..not because I should, or that it's Canadian or that they need my support. If the cbc would stop making basically the same show over and over with the same casts and the same light hearted over the top humour I may watch...

I watch the Mercier report..because it's good...I watch just for laughs because it's funny. I don't watch the National because there is very little "news" I watch PBS because the documentaries are very good...

If the CBC would get away from it's "you must watch because it's Canadian" approach, they might have something...

btw I thought little Mosque was terrible, stupid jokes being forced and typical shallow acting that I've come to know and hate rom the gloriuos CBC!! It's funny how ctv can prduce atleast equal quality if not better without a cent from the government whereas the cbc cost a billion..still has bad shows and runs commercials...

I'm not all that impressed with "little Mosque" but generally I find CBC efforts as good as any and better than most. The "National" is one of the best news casts period. Certainly better than the shallow, interchangable, talking heads from FOX or any other U.S. networks.

Most people don't know that CBC broadcasts in French, and English, and seven or eight first nations languages. Up north, and in the far north, CBC is all there is. CTV doesn't go there because there's no money in it.

I watch some American programing but very little.

CBC is partly government funded, and it's not a billion dolars. Their advertising pays about half. Every country in the world has at least one publically funded TV network. Most have two or more. CBC is part of Canada.
 
CDNBear
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

I'm not all that impressed with "little Mosque" but generally I find CBC efforts as good as any and better than most. The "National" is one of the best news casts period. Certainly better than the shallow, interchangable, talking heads from FOX or any other U.S. networks.

Most people don't know that CBC broadcasts in French, and English, and seven or eight first nations languages. Up north, and in the far north, CBC is all there is. CTV doesn't go there because there's no money in it.

I watch some American programing but very little.

CBC is partly government funded, and it's not a billion dolars. Their advertising pays about half. Every country in the world has at least one publically funded TV network. Most have two or more. CBC is part of Canada.

I agree with you on "Little Mosque", FOX and the fact that they are the only TV in the far North.

But there lies the biggest problem, they have an obligation to be more objective in their reporting, when they are the sole provider of information from the rest of the world. Objectivity is not the CBC's strong suit. Left leaning and jaded is more their style.
 
canadarocks
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I agree with you on "Little Mosque", FOX and the fact that they are the only TV in the far North.

But there lies the biggest problem, they have an obligation to be more objective in their reporting, when they are the sole provider of information from the rest of the world. Objectivity is not the CBC's strong suit. Left leaning and jaded is more their style.


I disagree. I only watch the CBC for any news I want to know about. As for the program, I quite enjoyed tonights' offering.
 
Curiosity
#12
Wow you'd think the CBC had produced a live baby in prime time....

Isn't a fat and happy government funded network supposed to be introducing new programming pertinent to Canadian values on a regular and consistent basis ???? Everyone here is applauding one program because it's new and challenging?

What do they do with the rest of their broadcasting day? Reruns? Talking heads? Nooz?

One program a year - is that par for their course?
 
Curiosity
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by darleneonfireView Post

By the way, it's spelt "PRAIRIE".

Gee darleneonfire

Now we gotta watch our spelling?

I think we all understood Nug's post jes fine.

Long as we know what a person is sharing, who cares how it is SPELT?

Relax and enjoy
 
Nuggler
#14
Curio::

Naw: Read all the threads.

Little Mosque...........SUCKS!!!

CBC does do some great docs, and it's news coverage is not bad; compared to say "Fox", it's at least bordering on objectivity.

Most of the rest is navel gazing Canadiana politically correct verbiage

*The above representing of course, MO only, and is not at all indicative of the rest of the opinions found on the board*............jist so's ya no,, eh

Ugg.
 
Nuggler
#15
Thanks Curio; but I can defend myself quite nicely against brain dead nitwits who choose to roast marshmellows in a forest fire.

Appreciate where it's comin from though.

Awwwwwwwww

Ugg


Hey, no need to get nasty and point out that pehaps "spelled" would a been "more better"...........


I wuz savin that to use at a later date................jeez.......argh..........:grom mit:
Last edited by Nuggler; Jan 18th, 2007 at 08:52 AM..Reason: gittin a laff
 
Curiosity
#16
Morning Nug

Is spelt a British spelling ?

Sorry Little Mosque didn't border on "I love the CeeBeeCee" or something - but they are trying....

Gotta go find my coffee...... have a good day Nug and try to behave will ya?
 
Nuggler
#17
Dunno, I always spelled spelt spelled.

Could be Brit.

Could be Botswana

Could be Retard

Dunno

Why ask me?

I dunno.

Enjoy yer coffee. I'm slurppin mine as we speeeek.

bye.
 
csanopal
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Gee darleneonfire

Now we gotta watch our spelling?

I think we all understood Nug's post jes fine.

Long as we know what a person is sharing, who cares how it is SPELT?

Relax and enjoy


SPELT is a word And to a certain extent, shouldn't we be avoiding mis-spellings by nature? What was the point of going to school all those years if you spell like a five year old?

As to the program. It isn't great, but so far I have enjoyed the first two shows.
 
Curiosity
#19
Csanopal

Ahem I think you will find there are many people here whose native language is not English, nor even French.

Therefore a mild bash upside the head for spellchecks seems fair to me.

I don't write another language well and pride myself on spelling English correctly as it is what my native tongue happens to be....but we have posters here who are capable in English and several other languages but struggle to get their message across because English is not their primary language in speaking, writing and thinking.

I commend them for their bravery and to mock spelling perhaps would deter someone from posting here - even if they had some great ideas to share.

Rather than start a language police, I'd rather the foreign speaking members here feel comfortable and aren't afraid to mis-spell words....so we can read them and know their thoughts.

The ideal is to communicate....not demonstrating linguistic perfection.
 
#juan
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I agree with you on "Little Mosque", FOX and the fact that they are the only TV in the far North.

But there lies the biggest problem, they have an obligation to be more objective in their reporting, when they are the sole provider of information from the rest of the world. Objectivity is not the CBC's strong suit. Left leaning and jaded is more their style.

I have spent time in the north and I disagree. I support your right to believe they are left leaning and jaded but I strongly disagree. Most of the television you can watch up north, Resolute Bay, Yellowknife, Whitehorse, Churchill, Coppermine, are local talk shows, news, and old movies. Fewer commercials because people buy what is available rather than what they might see on the tube.
 
sanctus
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post


Rather than start a language police, I'd rather the foreign speaking members here feel comfortable and aren't afraid to mis-spell words....so we can read them and know their thoughts.

The ideal is to communicate....not demonstrating linguistic perfection.

I guess as long as we can get the gist of what is being written, that should suffice. Though I do admit to my own pet peeve about Canadians using American spelling, but it is hardly that big a deal either to get my feathers fluttered about.
 
hermanntrude
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctusView Post

I guess as long as we can get the gist of what is being written, that should suffice. Though I do admit to my own pet peeve about Canadians using American spelling, but it is hardly that big a deal either to get my feathers fluttered about.


british spelling is correct. american is wrong. simple plain matter of fact. you can't dispute that
 
sanctus
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

I have spent time in the north and I disagree. I support your right to believe they are left leaning and jaded but I strongly disagree. Most of the television you can watch up north, Resolute Bay, Yellowknife, Whitehorse, Churchill, Coppermine, are local talk shows, news, and old movies. Fewer commercials because people buy what is available rather than what they might see on the tube.

Funny, I've always considered the CBC to be somewhat conservative. Now, some of the programmes on the channel, especially the comedy sows, might be perceived as "left of centre", but the CBC as a whole..hmmmm.

Anyway, I'm with you Juan, I like the CBC and their programming, for the most part.
 
I think not
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

british spelling is correct. american is wrong. simple plain matter of fact. you can't dispute that

Sure I can. Ever hear of dialects?
 
hermanntrude
#25
that was a joke. I am trying to establish a running gag, which consists of me making outrageous statements about the superiority of the british race and myself in particular.
 
I think not
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctusView Post

I guess as long as we can get the gist of what is being written, that should suffice. Though I do admit to my own pet peeve about Canadians using American spelling, but it is hardly that big a deal either to get my feathers fluttered about.

Not even the Brits fully use their "own" spelling. When was the last time you saw The Bank of England spelled The Banque of England?
 
I think not
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

that was a joke. I am trying to establish a running gag, which consists of me making outrageous statements about the superiority of the british race and myself in particular.

Ah, apologies. Next time use a smiley.
 
hermanntrude
#28
deadpan humour is my style. I know it leaves me open to misinterpretation on the forum but you'll get used to it. then it'll become inside jokes, which are even funnier. especially if a newbie doesnt get it
 
ottawabill
#29
"In the 2003/04 fiscal year, the government appropriation was about $794 million US. Thus the CBC is primarily funded by Canadian taxpayers.
The other third of the CBC's revenue comes from various sources. Advertising and program sales provide about half of this additional revenue or about $240 million US in 2003/04. Specialty channels, which include CBC Newsworld, the Reseau de l'information, Galaxie and Country Canada, provided about $112 million US. Miscellaneous revenue made up the remaining $81 million US"

a HELL OF A LOT OF MONEY FOR A FEW BAD SHOWS!!!

LESS THEN 400,000 PEOPLE WATCH THE NATIONAL..A VERY BIAS LEFT WING NEWSCAST...IF WE WANT BETTER VALUE, I SUGGEST SCRAPPING THE FUNDING AND BUILT MORE SATILITE RECEIVERS UP NORTH SO PEOPLE HAVE SOME OPTIONS...

Funny that if I say the National is bad...a bunch of people on this will jump all over it with talk of Fox news....I hate Fox news..it also has nothing to do with it... Why is it the if someone says somethings not right within Canada there is quick talk about the alternative being the U.S. are you all so weak as to believe that the only alternative to anything is to have the U.S. swallow us up??

I think ctv does a much better job at the news and more entertaining shows..in general!! For me when I want a educational show it will likely be PBS...

If the CBC is suppose to be our great public broadcaster then why do they have commercials? and if they do why take so much Gov. money??
 

Similar Threads

180
Consequences of corrupting the mosque
by eanassir | Apr 5th, 2010
6
Little Mosque on the Prairie
by Kreskin | Jan 7th, 2007
no new posts