Lawyer says he's 'kissed off' by political correctness

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
WATERBURY, Conn. (AP) - A criminal defence lawyer has been arrested for kissing a female judicial marshal - "a peck" he said was intended as a Christmas greeting.

Ralph Crozier, 55, was arrested on a disorderly conduct charge Thursday for kissing the marshal at Waterbury Superior Court on Dec. 22.

"This is the biggest baloney I've ever seen in my life," Crozier was quoted as saying Friday by the Republican-American newspaper. "How many tens of thousands of people in Connecticut wished their co-workers and friends Merry Christmas the day before Christmas?"

Crozier said state police investigators told him the marshal did not invite him to kiss her, which was why criminal charges were filed.

He said a security video that investigators say captured the incident will prove he meant nothing sexual by the kiss and that the incident is an example of political correctness run amok.

"It was a Christmas greeting. I had no intention to annoy or harass anybody," Crozier said. "This was a peck on the cheek. That was the extent. There was nothing here that was weird or sexual."

Crozier is free on bond.

Copyright © 2007 Canadian Press

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
i was just approached in the mall and asked to buy a kiss from a very attractive young lady for charity. I surprised myself and gave them the money and turned down the kiss, telling them that although i was tempted i was married.

darleneonfire

Electoral Member
Jan 12, 2007
Ontario
I think he was arrested because things and some people have gotten ridiculous.

Oh I agree! One of my boys got a detention for hugging his girlfriend at high school because they said it was "inappropriate touching on school property". I mean, give me a break. Just be lucky they were only hugging! (I'd have been politcally incorrect if he had been doing more by breaking his fool head open for him-hah hah hah) We're supposed to relate to our children, they say, not punish them. AND that sort of advice is usually from people without kids!

Anyway, I had quite a few words with our very PC spewing principal over the detention and pulled my son out of it. I am not one of those parents afraid of the school.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
We don’t know the whole story. This is a republican newspaper. Perhaps there’s more to it. Maybe it has culminated from other events and this was the last straw. Who knows? Newspapers have a way of not reporting the whole story.
There was a story in Ottawa of a married couple forced to live in separate nursing homes. They showed a picture of the old couple visiting each other and how terrible it was that they were forced to live apart. What they didn't report was that it was for the husbands safety that they lived apart. She had dementia and would lash out at her husband. I know because I worked in one of the nursing homes. So not everything gets reported.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
he kissed someone in a workplace environment

that's just begging for trouble

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Yeah, the dreaded peck on the cheek. :roll: Lookout, everyone! Run!! It's the cheeky pecker.
Next thing you know, we won't be able to look at anyone else because it may be construed as being a lustful look, or a hateful look, or a d isgusted look, or a .............

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
oh yeah

and you love it when your boss gives you a kiss on the cheek in front of everybody.

I understand entirely.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
kinda depends whether the peck on the cheek was a grab her by the ears and plant a wet peck right near her mouth but actually on her cheek leaving her in no doubt of what u wanted to do, or a sweet little dry peck with both of you leaning in, and one of you balancing on a yellow pages book....

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
kinda depends whether the peck on the cheek was a grab her by the ears and plant a wet peck right near her mouth but actually on her cheek leaving her in no doubt of what u wanted to do, or a sweet little dry peck with both of you leaning in, and one of you balancing on a yellow pages book....
........... is that a circus trick or something? The balancing on a yellow pages?

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
no. british christmas advert. two unbearably cute kids meet under the mistletoe but the boy cant reach to kiss her so he goes off and gets a yellow pages and stands on it, everyone pukes, the end

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
nah i meant that it's too long a story to bother with. I had assumed the advert was playing here too since u also have yellow pages. Just a pukey traditional cutesy advert which has been on for ever and epitomises the most innocent of kisses i could think of

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
argh alright then... commercial

honestly i am trying. I use "sidewalk" and "washroom" and lots of other canadianisms. advert is one i find hard to convert though.