First day in the office

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Well, the New Year - Christmas holidays are over in my country, and it is today the first day of work... And my boss has already assigned to me a task I don't know what to do with, because I've never done it before - nothing's changed since last year. :) And my thoughts are all so slow and sleepy yet....
Anyone has any tips on surviving the first day in the office after the holidays? :)

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
i'm new in my place. I havent yet got security clearance so i can't get into the lab i'm sposed to work in. Therefore ive been asked to sit down and shut up. not a bad job i spose but it gets a little awkward at times. i feel like such a slacker

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
i'm new in my place. I havent yet got security clearance so i can't get into the lab i'm sposed to work in. Therefore ive been asked to sit down and shut up. not a bad job i spose but it gets a little awkward at times. i feel like such a slacker
\

There is nothing wrong with being a slacker, it's what i do best at work.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula

Don't worry, Hermanntrude - I guess that in a couple of weeks you'll be getting nostalgic thoughts about the day when you just had to sit still and be quiet :)
My first day is over, and I managed to do a third of my task. And as the deadline is on the 1st of February, I guess I'll have plenty of time, not only for work! ;)

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
good stuff. what will u do with your time? hang around the vending machines and eat junk? take extra smoke-breaks? sit in the washroom and read books?

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
I've got a perfect way to spend time at work when I don't have anything extra urgent to do. I download some nice book in English from the Internet, and read it on my computer, pretending that I am reading some very important articles connected with my job as a tech writer :) And my bosses pretend to believe me :)