things i LIKE about canada

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Yeah, lots of rocks at parliament hill. Whole pile of em sitting on top of the shoulders of humans in the buildings there. lol

I didn't pick'em. I voted for the Communist Party.

darkbeaver
The women in Canada are O/K too I guess eh.

L Gilbert
Yeah. I voted green.

Said1
My ballot was spoiled. There was a magic check by their party name when I opened it, so I left it. If this hadn't been the case, I would have naturally voted conservative.

missile
I like the contrasts of one of the coldest climates on Earth and many of the hottest women anywhere.

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by missileView Post

I like the contrasts of one of the coldest climates on Earth and many of the hottest women anywhere.

Oh you. You're making me blush.

hermanntrude
canadian women sure are nice :0)

Padraigan
Quote: Originally Posted by SparrowView Post

I love Canada because of its beauty, wide open spaces, diversity. I live in the east and have travelled as far as Calgary, there is nothing more beautiful. The scenery is so different from one end to the other, from the rolling hills in the east to the majestic mountains in the west. What a great country!

You must visit B. C. !!!!

Padraigan
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1View Post

I hate bats. The above make me crindge. The hair on my arms is standing up....must find happy place, must find happy place...serenity nooooowwwwwww.

Oh, and I like fall living near the Ottawa river, tres cool.

Bats are fascinating little creatures. I used to really dislike them and be afraid of them, the same went for snakes but then I made my self learn about them and now I like them....alot......bats are really cool . I am still a little squeemish about snakes but they are fascinating animals as well. I have lived in the interior for 16 years now and have never seen a rattler, although I know people who have. Even though I am more educated about them I don't think I would want to surprise one and get bitten. So try to learn about things you are afraid of and you will feel better about them. Really...........you will.

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by PadraiganView Post

Bats are fascinating little creatures. I used to really dislike them and be afraid of them, the same went for snakes but then I made my self learn about them and now I like them....alot......bats are really cool . I am still a little squeemish about snakes but they are fascinating animals as well. I have lived in the interior for 16 years now and have never seen a rattler, although I know people who have. Even though I am more educated about them I don't think I would want to surprise one and get bitten. So try to learn about things you are afraid of and you will feel better about them. Really...........you will.

No. Really, I won't. Unless heavy tranquilizers are involved.....talk. To. The. Hand.

Tonington
I like our coastline in Canada. I haven't seen the west coast, at least not that I remember. Here are some pics of the lighthouse from my hometown in Yarmouth,NS

Here's one with our old highspeed Cat

A view from in the Harbour

Heh, I was feeling a little homesick today, so I looked for some pics of my favorite spot back home. I'd love to get some shots from a kayak. It's hard to explain how it looks from the water on the other side.

Tonington
Thought I might add, in the top two pictures you can see an observation deck, with fencing around it. The scale in the pictures doesn't do the pics justice. It's quite high up off the water. In 1990, two young men and two young women were up there during a storm, a lot of people go out there to watch the big waves, they are quite spectacular. Unfortunately, a wave crashed up there and dragged the four into the water, the two young men survived. I've been up there during a storm, where the waves were crashing and the spray from the waves was wooshing past my brother and I. There used to be a big rock there that you could hunker behind, it shifted and fell a while ago.

To see how high it is off the water, look at the bottom pic. Just above the door to the house on the right you can see a rock that juts out in a little dip. Thats where the deck is. You can see it's up high off the water.
Last edited by Tonington; Mar 31st, 2007 at 09:33 AM..Reason: speeling

Hapamizu
Well I live in the US now but I'm originally from Vancouver. I miss everything, really! I guess I'd have to go with the drug laws, cuz the US sucks that way.

hermanntrude
welcome to the forum :0)

the US is a little crazy about that stuff, I agree. what made u leave vancouveR?

s243a
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

I like our coastline in Canada. I haven't seen the west coast, at least not that I remember. Here are some pics of the lighthouse from my hometown in Yarmouth,NS

Here's one with our old highspeed Cat

A view from in the Harbour

Heh, I was feeling a little homesick today, so I looked for some pics of my favorite spot back home. I'd love to get some shots from a kayak. It's hard to explain how it looks from the water on the other side.

Wow! Those are some beautifull pictures. I agree Canada is beautifull.

Padraigan
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1View Post

It might get caught in my hair and take a chunk out of my head? It could rip my ear right off with it's fangs. Or worse, what if it won't stop screaming? *shudder*

I'm sorry, I am giggling here. Not laughing at you by any means of the word but bats don't attack people or get tangled in our hair. And they don't scream either. ( or are you just kidding with us )

hermanntrude
my dad got one caught in his beard once. Or so he said.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by PadraiganView Post

I'm sorry, I am giggling here. Not laughing at you by any means of the word but bats don't attack people or get tangled in our hair. And they don't scream either. ( or are you just kidding with us )

I'm quite sure the screamming was comming from inside said1's head.

Padraigan
quote=eh1eh;816507]I'm quite sure the screamming was comming from inside said1's head.[/quote]

too Funny !

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

I'm quite sure the screamming was comming from inside said1's head.

Pfffffft. You don't know me, mofo.

I think not
Canadians would NEVER elect the NDP to govern. I don't LIKE that, I LOVE that about Canada.