New Years Intentions

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Im not one for resolutions and the word intention in my world means great magic. Intentions are things we give up to Goddess/God/ Higher power and Intend for it to Be So. At my house the days before New Years are spent cleaning. So going into the new year the house sparkles. Everything on the house is touched, cleaned, sorted, donated or tossed. The reasoning is that if I end the year with a clean house, mind and body and the bills paid then those are things that will take care of themselves. It will be effortless keeping them that way for the rest of the year.

Then around midnight where ever I am I right a list of intentions. A list of things I need help with. Like Healing my friends, finding a companion, healing my heart and my mind, the big things I cant do alone. If I go out, when I come home I make shrimp peelers. I used to make clam chowder but I dont have a stove. But what better way to start the new year with shrimp. This year was the most horrible year of my life. I wish it never happened. But this next year promises to be healing. Goddess promised me it will be.

Id ask what your Intentions are but thats very personal, So share if you like but I get it if you dont. But I will ask what your traditions are. :)

Last edited:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
SelfActivated

There is one good thing about saying goodbye to a terrible year: Next year is bound to be an improvement!

Promise yourself to start giving yourself gifts - small things and big things - pleasing things and selfish things - and start realizing how valuable you are with all of your treasures. You can "turn some things over" but you can also be instrumental in making good things happen for you. You are hooked on the
feeling that you are not worthy and it is selfish to want.

It is not selfish - expect good because you are good.

It's magnetic how good people attract good things in their lives.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
SelfActivated

There is one good thing about saying goodbye to a terrible year: Next year is bound to be an improvement!

Promise yourself to start giving yourself gifts - small things and big things - pleasing things and selfish things - and start realizing how valuable you are with all of your treasures. You can "turn some things over" but you can also be instrumental in making good things happen for you. You are hooked on the
feeling that you are not worthy and it is selfish to want.

It is not selfish - expect good because you are good.

It's magnetic how good people attract good things in their lives.

If you were here Id kiss ya :)

I think not I quit 4 years ago its not so hard :)

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
I intend to focus more on the task at hand this year. For so long I've been so easily distracted from the important things - like school and work. I let the little things get to me, the stress of bills and money, the stress of relationships, the stress of a dirty house...! I've let so much stress into my life, my physical health is suffering dramatically for it. I can't even work for more than a few hours at a time - what a waste! So this year, I'm hoping I can teach myself to focus more on the important and productive aspects of my life, and let the stress slip by.

It would probably help, of course, if I actually stuck to my plan of meditating every morning. Perhaps I'll also ask the Goddess within for a little helping hand ^.^

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I intend to read more. I intend to organize more. I intend to write more. I've enjoyed my years posting on various forums but it's time to rejoin the public fray and contribute again to key papers on important topics. There's too much bs going on in this country. The net's a nice place to vent but it is basically irrelevant.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I intend to eat more, sleep more, play more, work more, learn more, etc. IOW, more of the same old stuff. :) More is better. ;) Specially the food part.

I like the play more part :) but if I eat any more I'll be a bigger house than I am! My intention is to loose 60 pounds and Goddess KNOWS I need her help!