Merry Christmas to all...

CDNBear
Merry Christmas everyone.

I am not Christian, but I celebrate Christmas, because of its messege of Peace on Earth and Good Will to ALL man.

I hope you all have a Great evening and that your Christmas morning is evenful and fun.

Blessing and good tiding on you all.

Ohkwia

aka, CDNBear

selfactivated
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Brightest Blessings from my home to yours

Tam

L Gilbert
And a politically incorrect, great christmas to all from me, too.

CDNBear
Well, it is time to put the 33lb Turkeydactyl in the smoker.

Take care all, please be merry and have fun.

Take solice in the fact that, though you may not know it, but we all actualy care for one another, even if we do not always show it or agree with one another. Even those that support the Islamic nazi party, I hope you enjoy your yule tidings and the comfort of love and peace at this time of year.

Go in Peace, Be Well

Ohkwai

Colpy
Merry Christmas to All

and to all, a good night.

I think not
Merry Christmas.

Health and Happiness to all.

Andem
Merry Christmas

to all from Canadian Content!

tracy
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Hope you all have fun surrounded by family and friends

Sassylassie
A Merry Christmas to all CC members, please don't drink and drive. To those who have to work over the Holidays (Tracy and hubby--flying those who drive drunk to ER) remember those whom are First Responders or those who have to work in Health Care, FireMen, Police, and other trades that work over the Holidays. Thankyou for your hard work. Have a great Holiday, and remember those less fortunate.

Shia
merry xmas...

i dont celebrate this either...but still wish u all the best!!

gopher
A very kitty Christmas to all:

Riyko
Merry Kurisumasu everyone! I hope everyone has a good christmas ^_^

Ariadne
Happy Holidays

Attached Images
christmas eve again 06.jpg (42.4 KB, 41 views)

earth_as_one
I don't understand why it could politically incorrect to wish someone Merry Christmas??? I must be missing something.

I am not Christian, but I believe in celebrating Yule. The begining of the light season after darkness is a good reason to make merry, feast, visit friends and relatives and give to charity.

www.geocities.com/lavenderwat...idays/yule.htm (external - login to view)
Yuletide Geetings
Health and Happiness

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I don't understand why it could politically incorrect to wish someone Merry Christmas??? I must be missing something.

I am not Christian, but I believe in celebrating Yule. The begining of the light season after darkness is a good reason to make merry, feast, visit friends and relatives and give to charity.

Yuletide Geetings
Health and Happiness

It's politically uncorrect to put Santa in the tub on Christmas Eve, forget about what he has in his hands. Wishing Merry Merry Christmas and all the holidays and trimmings and eating too much, red wine and Rudolf ... none of it can possibly be politically incorrect on a Canadian Website ... n'est pas.

One of the best things about Christmas is that it's 4 days into longer daylight hours ... and only Canadians can truly appreciate this, much like Christmas, eh.

Zan
Merry Christmas

Wishing you all blessings and gratitude

Curiosity

Enjoy the spirit of this holiday whether you celebrate it's origin or not - let your happiness and belonging sparkle through - because the hope and message is you find warmth and joy with loved ones.

Sparrow
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. I wish you love and peace.

Dixie Cup
From my family to yours - May the Christmas spirit live in you always and I pray that 2007 brings Peace, love, hope, health and prosperity to everyonel. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Dexter Sinister
Good thought, Bear, and a fine ecumenical spirit. As we gather with family and friends to celebrate this season of Yule and Hannukkah and Christmas and whatever else anyone chooses to call it, remember what it is that we're actually celebrating. It's about all that we perceive to be best and most noble in human nature. However that manifests itself in your life, let us all hold it in our hearts for another year and keep trying to live up to the standards we set ourselves at this time.

Peace and happiness and best wishes to you all.

Dex

Curiosity
OK - enough sugar ....what does one wish a person celebrating "Festivus" ????

selfactivated
Happy Festival?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus (external - login to view)

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

It's politically uncorrect to put Santa in the tub on Christmas Eve, forget about what he has in his hands. Wishing Merry Merry Christmas and all the holidays and trimmings and eating too much, red wine and Rudolf ... none of it can possibly be politically incorrect on a Canadian Website ... n'est pas.

One of the best things about Christmas is that it's 4 days into longer daylight hours ... and only Canadians can truly appreciate this, much like Christmas, eh.

Don't give him the smile and glance or he'll never get his work done.

Curiosity
A Christmas Rumor I Just Learned

My friend who is a nurse by profession, naturalist by hobby - a wildlife expert and wild animal and bird rescuer told me something today which blew me away....

All these years we have been thinking Santa's mobile unit - the reindeer - were male - giving them Alpha Male names including Rudolph.....and she knew she was going to spoil one of my childhood "passed down" tales....but she told me anyway (thinking I could handle it HA! ).

All of the reindeer pulling Santa have to be female. The Bucks of the reindeer (Cariboo) species lose their antlers before winter.....(probably after mating season is sorted out). The female doe of Cariboo and their cousin the reindeer are the only females of this species to grow antlers.

YAY! So..... we need some Uber Ultra Female Names for Santa's critters...... 12 names plus the Rudoph replacement.

Sorry about all this disturbance.... I am quite upset having learned a "fable" all these years.... humph!

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Don't give him the smile and glance or he'll never get his work done.

It looks like someone already did. I somehow think he can handle the responsibility of just one more child.

Cheers to you and yours on this fabulous holiday.

talloola
Merry Xmas to all of you, I enjoy your company.

As a child Xmas meant to me, everything that is religious, but not any more, I love it because it

brightens up a most dull time of year, and gives December a cherry feeling, and we all gather together

as a family and enjoy each other.

What could be better.

tracy
Hope you've all had a nice holiday! I worked last night and will be heading off to work tonight, which doesn't sound like a particularly nice time, but it really was. I was working with some lovely coworkers (nurses, docs, RTs, and unit secretaries alike), the families were all really sweet and the babies almost all behaved. Funnily enough one of the babies I was looking after was named Jesus! The best part has to have been the food!!! I don't cook at all, so homecooked meals are always a treat. Our families brought in TONS of food for the staff. I had tamales, enchilladas, poncit, chicken curry, turkey, scalloped potatos, candies, cookies, hot chocolate, etc. Then I woke up this afternoon to find a friend had left me a box of chocolates in my living room while I was sleeping I think I've gained 5 lbs!!!

elevennevele
Merry Christmas everyone.

Dexter Sinister
Ah, life is good, and today it was particularly good. I did indeed have a very merry Christmas. We had some beloved friends and their eldest daughter and her significant other over for Christmas dinner. We've done this for 10 years in a row now, it's become a tradition, just as we've been at their home for 10 years in a row for their Seder celebrations (yes, they're Jews). Our assorted children don't always make it, they're not all in the same city with us and sometimes they're here and sometimes they're not, and whoever's around is always invited, but the one constant is my wife and me and our two dearest friends. I cracked open a bottle of The Macallan I bought for the occasion, as well as several bottles of my homemade Chateau Sinister wine for those who don't like scotch (the poor fools), and there was much laughter and joie de vivre. Good food, good drinks, good friends, family, spirited conversation, good feelings all around... Does it get any better than that? I don't think so, but if it does I want to hear about it.

And isn't that what it's supposed to be about? Loving and sharing and caring and... well, okay, so maybe I had one more scotch than I really needed and it's made me a little maudlin. But as I said in my first post in this thread, it's about all that's best and most noble in human nature. If that manifests itself in your life as Christianity, and you genuinely try to live Christ's message of love and kindness and forgiveness, good for you, that's certainly worth celebrating. If you're a Jew and it's about Hanukkah, a tale of survival and endurance against fearsome odds and what that teaches about how you must treat others, good for you too, that too is certainly worth celebrating. If you're Wiccan or pagan or something like that and you're celebrating the solstice, the rebirth of the sun, the Nature that nurtures us, also good for you, that's another thing worth celebrating. Truly, there is much to celebrate, whatever your beliefs are, and we need to do it, to remind ourselves of what really matters.

MikeyDB
Man you can sometimes never know the outcome of the choices you make....

No Christmas for us Taoists....