More %$0#&$ Snow

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We have a virtual blizzard going on right now. We have gotten more than two inches of snow in the past hour. I thought we were finished that nonsense for a while.:pukeright: :evil3:

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
awww Juan I'm sorry to hear that! Sheesh enough already eh? We've been enjoying positively balmy weather here in Edmonton for the last week... but our damn city won't plow the residential roads... the foot or so of snow just stays there... it's becoming a regular occurance to push one's car out of its parking spot and then try to maneuver onto a main street that is plowed... we all look like drunk drivers sliding sidesways along the resi streets, but no one's complaining too loudly, 'cause it's still preferable to the -40 degrees and non stop snow we were getting... hang in there... hope it lets up soon.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
It's not fair. BC gets Ontario's weather and we get theirs. I can't go up a few thousand meters and ski. I want snow, I want snow. At least enough for a white christmas, cheese and rice.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
When I lived in Victoria we got snow for two weeks. A good inch! The whole city had to be shut down. I couldn't believe it. Sirens going off all over the city. It was a state of emergency! I went out for a walk to enjoy the winter weather, feeling nostalgic for Ottawa, and went into a store. They said I was lucky because they were about to close. I asked why. They said “just look outside”! Unbelievable.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
awww Juan I'm sorry to hear that! Sheesh enough already eh? We've been enjoying positively balmy weather here in Edmonton for the last week... but our damn city won't plow the residential roads... the foot or so of snow just stays there... it's becoming a regular occurance to push one's car out of its parking spot and then try to maneuver onto a main street that is plowed... we all look like drunk drivers sliding sidesways along the resi streets, but no one's complaining too loudly, 'cause it's still preferable to the -40 degrees and non stop snow we were getting... hang in there... hope it lets up soon.

Hey Zan

It's turned to rain....I knew it would :roll::blob8::scratch: Actually, I didn't know.....

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I'm not going to tease you Juan, because the last time I did we got dumped on by mother nature-two freaking snow storms. I'm glad it turned to rain, has anyone else found the weather wetter than usual? My back yard is a swamp, we have rain or snow almost everyday. Oh my nerves how many more sleeps till spring???????????????????????

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Still snowing up here. I hear we'll be getting a major windstorm tonight. I hope it's not worse than the one we had last Monday. I just got my Christmas lights back in order from that one.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm not going to tease you Juan, because the last time I did we got dumped on by mother nature-two freaking snow storms. I'm glad it turned to rain, has anyone else found the weather wetter than usual? My back yard is a swamp, we have rain or snow almost everyday. Oh my nerves how many more sleeps till spring???????????????????????

Cheer up Sassy.
There is only about three and a half months till Spring...:)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Still snowing up here. I hear we'll be getting a major windstorm tonight. I hope it's not worse than the one we had last Monday. I just got my Christmas lights back in order from that one.

We have about fifteen large Douglas Firs and when the wind gets too strong they start bashing against each other and the yard is full of branches. I know you know all about this but some of the easterners might not.:)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
We have about fifteen large Douglas Firs and when the wind gets too strong they start bashing against each other and the yard is full of branches. I know you know all about this but some of the easterners might not.:)

I hope you don't end up with to much of a mess tomorrow. I'm lucky in that my house is only 3 years old and the largest tree I've planted is about 5 feet (aside from the 15-foot dead tree the city planted out front).

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
south of Ottawa we had lots of freezing rain a week ago, brought down lots of trees power was out for 20 hours...but other then that it's been warm....haven't done up my coat yet!! and not only is there grass showing everywhere..I thinks it's still growing...

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
On the mainland (Vancouver) it's raining a bit....no snow though.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
On the mainland (Vancouver) it's raining a bit....no snow though.

The snow we had(couple inches) is almost gone...the rain is still coming down. We are expecting a bit of wind later tonight. As long as I don't have to shovel the driveway I'm happy.:)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Snow In La La Land

:sad11:We feel your pain Juan, really:dontknow:

Cause, we know that no one from BC.........EVER.......looked East when we were up to our arses in snow with a temp of -25 plus wind chill and laughed, and thought............screw them.......no way:grommit: Kind folk that yez all are out there.

:geek:But soft, what's that............Tis my dear one calling me to say there is a crocus breaking through the soft soil on our front lawn:toothy4:

And, tommorow, the weather man, is calling for plus 9 and more sun.

A cruel person would use this opportunity to return all the weather digs we Ont i ary ary ions have endured these many years, but not I. No way.

Bye for now:

:grommit:

:blob7::hello1::cheers::blob8::salute::laughing3::la::razz::pottytrain1::thebirdman:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
:sad11:We feel your pain Juan, really:dontknow:

Cause, we know that no one from BC.........EVER.......looked East when we were up to our arses in snow with a temp of -25 plus wind chill and laughed, and thought............screw them.......no way:grommit: Kind folk that yez all are out there.

:geek:But soft, what's that............Tis my dear one calling me to say there is a crocus breaking through the soft soil on our front lawn:toothy4:

And, tommorow, the weather man, is calling for plus 9 and more sun.

A cruel person would use this opportunity to return all the weather digs we Ont i ary ary ions have endured these many years, but not I. No way.

Bye for now:

:grommit:

I should be a little ashamed complaining . but I'm not :roll:......I was raised in northern B.C. I thought I was now living in central Vancouver Island......where we don't have this kind of weather....:roll::)

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land

Ok, then here I'll do it. HAHAHAHAHAHA.
It's not even winter yet, so it could be baaaaad.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
OK OK - I can't resist nodding in....

I am sitting here trying to resist typing this and I lose....... outside it is 59F (whatever that is in C)....and we expect sun and 70F by noon.....

smirk smirk....

Last edited: