More %$0#&$ Snow

#juan
We have a virtual blizzard going on right now. We have gotten more than two inches of snow in the past hour. I thought we were finished that nonsense for a while.

Zan
awww Juan I'm sorry to hear that! Sheesh enough already eh? We've been enjoying positively balmy weather here in Edmonton for the last week... but our damn city won't plow the residential roads... the foot or so of snow just stays there... it's becoming a regular occurance to push one's car out of its parking spot and then try to maneuver onto a main street that is plowed... we all look like drunk drivers sliding sidesways along the resi streets, but no one's complaining too loudly, 'cause it's still preferable to the -40 degrees and non stop snow we were getting... hang in there... hope it lets up soon.

RomSpaceKnight
It's not fair. BC gets Ontario's weather and we get theirs. I can't go up a few thousand meters and ski. I want snow, I want snow. At least enough for a white christmas, cheese and rice.

Gonzo
When I lived in Victoria we got snow for two weeks. A good inch! The whole city had to be shut down. I couldn't believe it. Sirens going off all over the city. It was a state of emergency! I went out for a walk to enjoy the winter weather, feeling nostalgic for Ottawa, and went into a store. They said I was lucky because they were about to close. I asked why. They said “just look outside”! Unbelievable.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanView Post

awww Juan I'm sorry to hear that! Sheesh enough already eh? We've been enjoying positively balmy weather here in Edmonton for the last week... but our damn city won't plow the residential roads... the foot or so of snow just stays there... it's becoming a regular occurance to push one's car out of its parking spot and then try to maneuver onto a main street that is plowed... we all look like drunk drivers sliding sidesways along the resi streets, but no one's complaining too loudly, 'cause it's still preferable to the -40 degrees and non stop snow we were getting... hang in there... hope it lets up soon.

Hey Zan

It's turned to rain....I knew it would Actually, I didn't know.....

Sassylassie
I'm not going to tease you Juan, because the last time I did we got dumped on by mother nature-two freaking snow storms. I'm glad it turned to rain, has anyone else found the weather wetter than usual? My back yard is a swamp, we have rain or snow almost everyday. Oh my nerves how many more sleeps till spring???????????????????????

Kreskin
Still snowing up here. I hear we'll be getting a major windstorm tonight. I hope it's not worse than the one we had last Monday. I just got my Christmas lights back in order from that one.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by SassylassieView Post

I'm not going to tease you Juan, because the last time I did we got dumped on by mother nature-two freaking snow storms. I'm glad it turned to rain, has anyone else found the weather wetter than usual? My back yard is a swamp, we have rain or snow almost everyday. Oh my nerves how many more sleeps till spring???????????????????????

Cheer up Sassy.
There is only about three and a half months till Spring...

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Still snowing up here. I hear we'll be getting a major windstorm tonight. I hope it's not worse than the one we had last Monday. I just got my Christmas lights back in order from that one.

We have about fifteen large Douglas Firs and when the wind gets too strong they start bashing against each other and the yard is full of branches. I know you know all about this but some of the easterners might not.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

We have about fifteen large Douglas Firs and when the wind gets too strong they start bashing against each other and the yard is full of branches. I know you know all about this but some of the easterners might not.

I hope you don't end up with to much of a mess tomorrow. I'm lucky in that my house is only 3 years old and the largest tree I've planted is about 5 feet (aside from the 15-foot dead tree the city planted out front).

ottawabill
south of Ottawa we had lots of freezing rain a week ago, brought down lots of trees power was out for 20 hours...but other then that it's been warm....haven't done up my coat yet!! and not only is there grass showing everywhere..I thinks it's still growing...

L Gilbert
Kootenays are being dumped on currently, too. Mild temps, though.

gc
On the mainland (Vancouver) it's raining a bit....no snow though.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by gcView Post

On the mainland (Vancouver) it's raining a bit....no snow though.

The snow we had(couple inches) is almost gone...the rain is still coming down. We are expecting a bit of wind later tonight. As long as I don't have to shovel the driveway I'm happy.

Nuggler
We feel your pain Juan, really

Cause, we know that no one from BC.........EVER.......looked East when we were up to our arses in snow with a temp of -25 plus wind chill and laughed, and thought............screw them.......no way Kind folk that yez all are out there.

But soft, what's that............Tis my dear one calling me to say there is a crocus breaking through the soft soil on our front lawn

And, tommorow, the weather man, is calling for plus 9 and more sun.

A cruel person would use this opportunity to return all the weather digs we Ont i ary ary ions have endured these many years, but not I. No way.

Bye for now:

: la:

Kreskin
Weather systems move west to east. Moooaaahaahaa!!

#juan
[quote=oldnugly;757302]We feel your pain Juan, really

Cause, we know that no one from BC.........EVER.......looked East when we were up to our arses in snow with a temp of -25 plus wind chill and laughed, and thought............screw them.......no way Kind folk that yez all are out there.

But soft, what's that............Tis my dear one calling me to say there is a crocus breaking through the soft soil on our front lawn

And, tommorow, the weather man, is calling for plus 9 and more sun.

A cruel person would use this opportunity to return all the weather digs we Ont i ary ary ions have endured these many years, but not I. No way.

Bye for now:

I should be a little ashamed complaining . but I'm not ......I was raised in northern B.C. I thought I was now living in central Vancouver Island......where we don't have this kind of weather....

the caracal kid
juan,

They closed our highway here.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Oh wait, I might have to go somewhere.... Ski time?

GreenGreta
Quote:

Ok, then here I'll do it. HAHAHAHAHAHA.
It's not even winter yet, so it could be baaaaad.

Curiosity
OK OK - I can't resist nodding in....

I am sitting here trying to resist typing this and I lose....... outside it is 59F (whatever that is in C)....and we expect sun and 70F by noon.....

smirk smirk....
Last edited by Curiosity; Dec 15th, 2006 at 08:19 AM..

Kreskin
We got some more $%&^**%$ snow last night. Now a semi is stuck on our street and he's getting himself into a big time bind.

#juan
We are supposed to get snow today, and tomorrow....I'm so happy

gc
We had some hail yesterday morning which was pretty crazy. Still no snow though

gc
I stand corrected....looks like it snowed a tiny bit last night.

Sassylassie
I think mother nature is confusing NS with BC, it was a typical BC weather day today: Plus 8 with RDF (rain drizzle and fog a NFL weather acronym) oh it's awful and I can barely stand it. Cough, cough I can learn to live with it thou.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

We are supposed to get snow today, and tomorrow....I'm so happy

Did you get some? Ours was like shoveling setting cement.

Sassylassie
Kreskin remember to bend at the knees and don't twist your body turn completely around with the shovel. How's your back?

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I use to know (No I'm not).

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by SassylassieView Post

Kreskin remember to bend at the knees and don't twist your body turn completely around with the shovel. How's your back?

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I use to know (No I'm not).

The back's okay. I never thought of not twisting - good advice. I generally go in every direction at once; somewhat of a madman style (cursing and swearing included).

Sassylassie
When I lived in NFL I would hold up fifty dollars bills, bottles of run and cry like a baby as the plow driver drove by and not once did this man give in to the sin of bribery. I hated that man, I threw the shovel at the cab of the plow a few times. I feel your pain, I just don't wanna shovel it.