December 8, 1980

sanctus

Daz_Hockey
I've been there!!!!......it didnt have all the flowers and stuff there when I saw it, it simply had one of his hats.

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by Daz_HockeyView Post

I've been there!!!!......it didnt have all the flowers and stuff there when I saw it, it simply had one of his hats.

I was there, no hat though

gopher
John Lennon was beloved in NYC and throughout the world for his lofty ideals. His death was a terrible loss.

tay

wwwyoutubecomwatchvgBCdlBrgEmE

petros
Why didn't he shoot Yoko?

Blackleaf
Killed by a gun-toting Yank. Tragic.

How John Lennon's death shocked the world: 35 years after the Beatle's murder | Daily Mail Online

EagleSmack
Living in NYC because England is a pit.

Blackleaf

A white rose is put on the John Lennon statue outside the Cavern Club in Mathew Street in central Liverpool to mark the 35th anniversary of his death. I had my photo taken right next to this statue in December 2013. The bricks in the wall behind the statue are etched with the names of the artists who have performed at the Cavern Club over the years

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Living in NYC because England is a pit.

Killed by your typical, gun-toting, trigger-happy Yank. That's what killed Lennon.

As for him living in New York City - he went there with Yoko Ono in their attempts to track down and gain custody of Yoko's daughter, Kyoko Cox. But Lennon, along with McCartney, Harrison and Starr, will always be a beloved son of Liverpool and England.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Why didn't he shoot Yoko?

Yoko Ono - the product of a major egg-dropping incident of 18th February 1933.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Killed by a gun-toting Yank. Tragic.

How John Lennon's death shocked the world: 35 years after the Beatle's murder | Daily Mail Online

Lady Liberty strikes again.

Blackleaf
+1 / -1
#11  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Lady Liberty strikes again.

He'd probably still be alive had he stayed in good old Blighty. America is a violent place inhabited by 300 million gun-toting clots.

mentalfloss
+1
I prefer calling them sods meself.