Hate Crimes Against Muslims in America

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Nearly four years removed from the 9/11 terror attacks, the greatest tragedy to befall our nation in modern history, our country has learned certain lessons that will hopefully lead us to a stronger, safer and more vibrant society for people of all races, faiths and cultures.

Since the 9/11 attacks, the most disturbing legal trend is the growing disparity in how American Muslims are being treated under the law on many different levels.

In order to fully understand the status of civil rights in the post-9/11 era, it is essential that this report offer a documented historical overview of major federal law enforcement initiatives, high-profile national cases and statistical evidence of anti-Muslim discrimination in the United States, particularly those incidents that occurred during the last calendar year of 2004.

In 2004, CAIR processed a total of 1,522 incident reports of civil rights cases compared to 1,019 cases reported to CAIR in 2003. This constitutes a 49 percent increase in the reported cases of harassment, violence and discriminatory treatment from 2003 and marks the highest number of Muslim civil rights cases ever reported to CAIR in our eleven year history.

In addition, CAIR received 141 reports of actual and potential violent anti-Muslim hate crimes, a 52 percent increase from the 93 reports received in 2003.

Overall, 10 states alone accounted for almost 79 percent of all reported incidents to CAIR in 2004. These ten states include: California (20.17%), New York (10.11%), Arizona (9.26%), Virginia (7.16%), Texas (6.83%), Florida (6.77%), Ohio (5.32%), Maryland (5.26%), New Jersey (4.53%) and Illinois (2.96%).

There have also been decreases, both in real and proportional terms, in certain categories from the previous year as well. For example, workplace discrimination complaints to CAIR constituted nearly 23 percent of complaints in 2003. In 2004, the number of workplace discrimination complaints decreased to almost 18 percent of the total complaints.

In addition, complaints involving governmental agencies decreased from 29 percent in 2003 to 19 percent in 2004. Internet harassment of American Muslims also decreased from 7 percent of total complaints in 2003 to less than 1 percent of total reported complaints in 2004.

By far the greatest increase from last year, in both real and proportional terms, occurred in the area of unreasonable arrests, detentions, earches/seizures and interrogations.

In 2003, complaints concerning law enforcement techniques accounted for only 7 percent of all reported incidents. In 2004, however, these reports rose to almost 26 percent of all reported cases to CAIR.

Although not a scientific study, there are several factors which may have contributed to the increase in total number of reports to CAIR over
the past year. These include, but are not limited to, the following:

1. An ongoing and lingering atmosphere of fear since the September 11 attacks against American Muslims, Arabs and South Asians;

2. The growing use of anti-Muslim rhetoric by some local and national opinion
leaders;

3. Local Muslim communities, through the opening of new CAIR chapters and
regional offices, now have more mechanisms to monitor and report incidents to CAIR at the grassroots level;

4. Following the infamous legacy of the USA PATRIOT Act, other federal
legislation and policies which severely infringe on the civil and constitutional
rights of all Americans continue to be passed;

5. Increased public awareness about civil liberties and the impact of federal law enforcement initiatives on constitutional and civil rights.

In our conclusion, CAIR recommends that further congressional inquiries, inspector general reports from federal agencies and impact litigation continue to be used to ensure that the civil and legal rights of all Americans are never placed in jeopardy again.

Related Links
Full pdf report
More on hate crimes

http://www.civilrights.org/issues/hate/details.cfm?id=31169

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
In 2004, CAIR processed a total of 1,522 incident reports of civil rights cases compared to 1,019 cases reported to CAIR in 2003. This constitutes a 49 percent increase in the reported cases of harassment, violence and discriminatory treatment from 2003 and marks the highest number of Muslim civil rights cases ever reported to CAIR in our eleven year history.

In addition, CAIR received 141 reports of actual and potential violent anti-Muslim hate crimes, a 52 percent increase from the 93 reports received in 2003.

Do you have any idea how few incidents that really is in a population of 300 million? "141 incidents of actual and POTENTIAL violence? (whatever THAT means) is LESS than one incident for every two MILLION people.

1,522 civil rights cases? One in every 200,000 persons.

Not exactly overwhelming evidence of serious persecution.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I would prefer to see a more valid link than CAIR's thanks.....

They may have included the Muslim African Americans who are a large part of the penitentiary inhabitants in
the U.S. - pre 9/11 - pre Terrorist Attacks - pre Middle East uprising - pre pre pre.....

The anti-American Black Muslim Brotherhood operating in the penitentiary has been around since before Civil
Rights became law - and flourishes as a safeguard against the Latino gangs.

They could rightfully be counted as Muslims in America but hold very different "causes" than the average
Arab under suspicion for terrorist activities and stating these activities are post 9/11 is not very accurate as it increases the number of complaints which are legitimate.

I think CAIR is including everyone - which kinda pollutes the pot....

Last edited:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
not a 'huge' problem

Unfortunately, for every reported incident, there are many which go unreported as people are often intimidated to report them. I guarantee the problem is of no minor consequence to its victims. Moreover, what happened to Jews in Nazi Germany started with similarly small beginnings and ultimately the floodgates of hate were opened with disastrous consequences.

An injury to one is an injury to all. In order to preserve the public peace we need to regard all injuries as such and to take corrective steps to avoid any future incident.

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Summary of Hate Crime Statistics, 2004

Number of
incidents Number of
offenses Number of
victimsNumber of
known offendersRace 4,0424,8635,1194,173 Anti-white 8299981,0271,085 Anti-black 2,7313,2813,4752,694 Anti-American Indian/Alaska Native 839710097 Anti-Asian/Pacific Islander 217252266188 Anti-multi-racial group 182235251109Religion 1,3741,4801,586604 Anti-Jewish 9541,0031,076330 Anti-Catholic 57576837 Anti-Protestant 38434828 Anti-Islamic 156193201124 Anti-other religious group 12814014768 Anti-multi-religious group 35373914 Anti-atheism/agnosticism/etc. 6773Sexual orientation 1,1971,4061,4821,258 Anti-male homosexual 738855902832 Anti-female homosexual164201212163 Anti-homosexual 245297314224 Anti-heterosexual 33353622 Anti-bisexual 17181817Ethnicity/national origin 9721,2011,2541,047 Anti-Hispanic 475611646585 Anti-other ethnicity/national origin 497590608462Disability57717354 Anti-physical23232416 Anti-mental34484938Multiple-bias incidents1714149Total 7,6499,0359,5287,1451. A multiple-bias incident is a hate crime in which two or more offense types were committed as a result of two or more bias motivations.

All in the United States for 2004

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Researcher - where is the link for the information you have published?

1. Why have you not done Canadian stats?

2. What exactly constitutes a "crime" in the language of hate? Can we say "I hate Jews" and thus commit a crime in the semantics of "hate crimes"?

Or are we talking about "crime to body, personal assets, theft, legal slander or libel? "

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Curio great points to ponder, but I think Researcher is just trying to muddy the waters and deflect what is happening around the world. It appears we must not speak of ____________ for fear we offend. Political Correctness now controls this forum once again.

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Researcher - where is the link for the information you have published?

1. Why have you not done Canadian stats?

2. What exactly constitutes a "crime" in the language of hate? Can we say "I hate Jews" and thus commit a crime in the semantics of "hate crimes"?

Or are we talking about "crime to body, personal assets, theft, legal slander or libel? "

I've tried but the last one was done in 1995. And it only dealth with attacks against Judaism and only in the cities of Ottawa, Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto, and there was 291 reported incidents, 80% in Toronto.

So maybe the government doesn't want to report such incidents of hate crimes because it would be higher than the states. Because there are a ton of racist thoughts and actions against Jews and native people alone in Canada.

northstar

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2006
I agree Sassy Lassie, especially given Researcher need to publish not one but two threads on this topic...

In the meantime, there is overwhelming torture and murder of Christians happening everyday...
here is one out of many for example...

10/30/2006

14 Year Old Assyrian Boy Decapitated By Muslim Group

(AINA) -- According to the Assyrian website ankawa.com, a 14 year old Christian Assyrian boy, Ayad Tariq, from Baqouba, Iraq was decapitated at his work place on October 21.

Ayad Tariq was working his 12 hour shift, maintaining an electric generator, when a group of disguised Muslim insurgents walked in at the beginning of his shift shortly after 6 a.m. and asked him for his ID.
According to another employee who witnessed the events, and who hid when he saw the insurgents approach, the insurgents questioned Ayad after seeing that his ID stated "Christian", asking if he was truly a "Christian sinner." Ayad replied "yes, I am Christian but I am not a sinner." The insurgents quickly said this is a "dirty Christian sinner!" Then they proceeded to each hold one limb, shouting "Allahu akbar! Allahu akbar!" while beheading the boy.
Translated from Arabic by AINA

© // //]]> 2006, Assyrian International News Agency.

W
as this boy doing anything? He was merely working, and this barbaric murder was donein the name of Allah.

The difference between this crime and the ones Researcher is posting is that we punish criminals, whereas murder rape pillage, robery and peophilia is all okay according to the" Holy" scriptures...

Oh terribly sorry, l made a slight error, if a Muslim Man rapes, then it is pardoned by the scriptures by the explaination that he just wasn't in the Muslim mindset for the moment, and if he claps his hands, all is forgiven...

Now, it is only rape if there is a crowd of witnesses, about eight or so, and naturally, as the law of Islam was created by Mohammad and other assorted storytellers, they can't be women witnesses.

this is how rape is forgiven and okayed by the Holy Scriptures of Islam.

As for the rape victim, hey, she asked for it, according to Islam Scholars,What was it in the other thread, that it is like when a woman goes out of her home without a veil,
she is likea piece of meat placed in the sun, and she deserves to be raped....

Now as for torture, murder this is okay because Mohammad and the gang say in the Quran that it is okay and necessary...

According to ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS, what we consider to be a crime, is no crime at all...

Here we do not tolerate crime, it is punished, BIG DIFFERENCE

northstar

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2006
here is what we are faced with in Canada-

Global National Online Extras
» Lauren McNabb reports
» Back to globalnational.com
Sheik Riyadh ul-Haq, a former cleric at one of Britain's biggest mosques, is scheduled to speak to Muslim groups in Toronto and Montreal in June and July. Critics in Canada say Mr. Haq's hardline views are not welcome here, especially so soon after the arrest of 17 young men on terrorism charges.

David Oulette, director of the Canadian Coalition for Democracies (CCD), said Immigration Minister Monte Solberg should refuse Mr. Haq entry on security grounds if the federal government is serious about ending the radicalization of young Muslims.

"The problem is that this sheik has a history of radical discourses that incite hatred toward non-Muslims, speaking of plots by non-Muslims against Islam and the Muslim world in general [and] glorifying martyrdom in the way of Allah, which could be interpreted as an incitation to violence," he said.

The CCD released clips last week from Mr. Haq's speeches that the group claims demonstrate he glorifies jihad and preaches hatred of Hindus and Jews.

"Of the peoples of the Earth, the ones that hate Muslims the most, the ones who are bitterest of their enmity towards Muslims, the most unrelenting, unforgiving, are the Jews and the mushrikin, idolaters in all their forms," Mr. Haq is quoted as saying.

He has also been criticized in the United Kingdom for appearing to support suicide bombers.

"He's is a nasty piece of work," said Tarek Fatah, host of the weekly television program The Muslim Chronicle.

He warned that such conferences as the ones where Mr. Haq is scheduled to speak are dangerous because they often mix politics and religion.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Researcher

Thank you for the links....

Also I want to assure people when a crime is committed against an authentic middle eastern resident in the U.S. - there is a huge uproar as soon as the news gets to his or (her /unlikely to be reported) mosque.

The people of midde eastern heritage who have emigrated to the U.S. are very vocal in reporting anything which they interpret to be what they think is a "hate crime".

The do the same in Europe.

Are they silent in Canada? I am inclined to doubt it.

And what do these groups do with "infidels" in their own nations? Why they behead them of course - too much trouble to incarcerate them unless they are worth money.

This group have been treated far more kindly than any other new immigrant to the democratic nations
because people are so careful not to lump then in with the terrorists groups (whether they are or not)...

It is also my firm believe any and every young middle eastern male no matter where he lives, is just a "mosque" away from committing terrorism.

I think governments have gone overboard with this new immigrant, far above any other people who have come to the "new world"..... some of the stories of early immigration would give you pause as to the cruelty they endured.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
As I've already said, closing our doors to immigration is the key to stop the deterioration of our quality of life here in Canada... and especially in Europe. Our cultures do not mix and multiculturalism is just a facade by the [former liberal] government of Canada in order to increase their vote count.

We need to stop changing our country and ways to accomidate these people. And Researcher: You can go shove your anti-Canadian, anti-European attitude; we receive more racism day-to-day and less benefits than any new immigrants or people of colour. Get off your high horse.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I agree Andem and I will go one step further than that I would like to see World Leaders stop bending over with Political Correctness and deal with this cancer within our Countries. We need to send a clear and concise message no to Sharia Law no to Tribal Laws, stop making these issue Religious because when you strip back the paper it's about MEN and their Culture controlling women and children and they use Religion as an excuse. Let them holler and scream, I'm not listening to them anymore. My country, if you don't like Canadian Culture leave, what is the point of immigrating to Canada and then immediatly begin to rebuild the exact life style they fled from? Mulit-Culturism is a fable, fiction and it needs to be addressed. Off soap box now.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
I agree Andem and I will go one step further than that I would like to see World Leaders stop bending over with Political Correctness and deal with this cancer within our Countries. We need to send a clear and concise message no to Sharia Law no to Tribal Laws, stop making these issue Religious because when you strip back the paper it's about MEN and their Culture controlling women and children and they use Religion as an excuse. Let them holler and scream, I'm not listening to them anymore. My country, if you don't like Canadian Culture leave, what is the point of immigrating to Canada and then immediatly begin to rebuild the exact life style they fled from? Mulit-Culturism is a fable, fiction and it needs to be addressed. Off soap box now.

Amen sister Sassy!!

It's all to hide behind so a bunch of ugly retarded men can have their ways..well leave it at home...as in NOT IN CANADA!!! This is not a dumping ground for everyone elses ways.