Co-joined twins headed for heartbreak?

#juan
When one twin is tickled, both jump. When one baby feeds, both suckle. It seems almost like there is one brain and two bodies. I wonder how much hope there is for a successful separation.

health.mytelus.com/channel_he...l_id=9&lid=hp2 (external - login to view)

Researcher87
When I first heard about them, I thought yeah maybe they are attached lightly head to head and a nice snippy and they would be good.

But when I got the first look at them yesterday, it looks really bad to seperate them, I can't see them having two brains, it looks like it is one.

#juan
There was a case in China a few years ago where a young man had what looked like part of another face below the jaw line on the side of his neck. There was part of a mouth and a moving jaw that moved in concert with the normal jaw when the young man was chewing. It was an awful looking thing and the doctors were able to remove it, but they didn't get around to it until the man was twenty five years old.

northstar
One is not going to make it. They will have to sacrific one to save the other, l just can't see how it will be any other way. I am inspired by the way this family is handling, amazing, loving, courageous people.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by northstarView Post

One is not going to make it. They will have to sacrific one to save the other, l just can't see how it will be any other way. I am inspired by the way this family is handling, amazing, loving, courageous people.

This is a hell of a thing to happen to any family. They didn't find out about the problem until fairly late in the pregnancy so they had no choice in the matter. They are holding up pretty well from what I have seen.

#juan
Quote:

One is not going to make it. They will have to sacrific one to save the other, l just can't see how it will be any other way.

Unfortunately, there is another way. The brain(s) could be so co-involved that cutting them apart could be lethal to both.