Umm, now where did I see the Quran quoted?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The day I joined, I bounced around the threads in total glee, like a kid in a candy shop with a gold card. Well as I was boucing, I saw a post that apperently quotedthe Quran as to sying something like...

"It's in the Kuran, kill the infedels that will not convert to Islam!! Get a copy and read it!!"

Or something to that effect. It was in bold type too.

Here's my query... Could the poster please tell me what chapter and verse this is located in. I just finished reading the Quran. I can not for the life of me, do not remember that particular line.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Did you read the Hebrew text or a translated text? The Kuran was written in Hebrew and the Imams are needed to translate to the flock the text of the Kuran I thought it was spelt Koran? It's in the Kuran, kill the infedels that will not convert to Islam!! Who knows they want to shut-up the non-believers and stifle our rights.

That is the battle cry of the Extremist Radicals Bear. Try WWW.mediaright.ca Bear some interesting articles on the Religion of Peace, Left side of the page near the bottom.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Mediaright.ca

FROM WND'S JERUSALEM BUREAU
[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]Pope in 'Crusader conspiracy' with Bush[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]Sheik: 'Only dialogue we want is when all religions agree to convert to Islam'[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1]Posted: September 27, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

[/SIZE][FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]

[FONT=Palatino, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times, serif]By Aaron Klein
[SIZE=-1]© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com [/SIZE][/FONT]

Pope Benedict XVI
JERUSALEM – Pope Benedict XVI's meeting this week with a delegation of Muslim leaders and his calls for interfaith dialogue following earlier remarks about Islam are really "Crusader conspiracies" to subjugate the Islamic faith and force "Christian-Zionist" worldviews upon Muslims, a prominent Gaza Strip preacher told WorldNetDaily in an interview.
Sheik Abu Saqer, leader of Gaza's Jihadia Salafiya Islamic outreach movement, which seeks to make secular Muslims more religious, called the pope a "puppet" for "that Crusader George Bush." The Gaza imam said the only Christian-Muslim dialogue that is acceptable is one in which "all religions agree to convert to Islam

Just in case you might have any more questions about the Quote? It's okay to defile my Pope and my religion but god forbid we insult them. Gag me with a spoon.
[/FONT]

Proud American

Nominee Member
Sep 22, 2006
Baltimore,MD
Mediaright.ca

FROM WND'S JERUSALEM BUREAU
[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]Pope in 'Crusader conspiracy' with Bush[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]Sheik: 'Only dialogue we want is when all religions agree to convert to Islam'[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1]Posted: September 27, 2006[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1:00 a.m. Eastern[/SIZE]

[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times][FONT=Palatino, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times, serif]By Aaron Klein[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times][SIZE=-1]© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com [/SIZE][/FONT]

Pope Benedict XVI
JERUSALEM – Pope Benedict XVI's meeting this week with a delegation of Muslim leaders and his calls for interfaith dialogue following earlier remarks about Islam are really "Crusader conspiracies" to subjugate the Islamic faith and force "Christian-Zionist" worldviews upon Muslims, a prominent Gaza Strip preacher told WorldNetDaily in an interview.
Sheik Abu Saqer, leader of Gaza's Jihadia Salafiya Islamic outreach movement, which seeks to make secular Muslims more religious, called the pope a "puppet" for "that Crusader George Bush." The Gaza imam said the only Christian-Muslim dialogue that is acceptable is one in which "all religions agree to convert to Islam

Just in case you might have any more questions about the Quote? It's okay to defile my Pope and my religion but god forbid we insult them. Gag me with a spoon.
[/FONT]

Enough said...I am sick of these Muslims and their constant ..........
It is feasible for them to trash talk us with free will but if we say something about them..WATCH OUT..WWIII...give me FRICKIN BREAK!!!!

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Did you read the Hebrew text or a translated text? The Kuran was written in Hebrew and the Imams are needed to translate to the flock the text of the Kuran I thought it was spelt Koran? It's in the Kuran, kill the infedels that will not convert to Islam!! Who knows they want to shut-up the non-believers and stifle our rights.

That is the battle cry of the Extremist Radicals Bear. Try WWW.mediaright.ca Bear some interesting articles on the Religion of Peace, Left side of the page near the bottom.

I thought the Koran was written in Arabic?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Finally an intelligent comment.

It was. Still is. Translations, while useful to learn about the Qu'ran, aren't the Qu'ran.

Any translation of the Qur'an immediately ceases to be the literal word of Allah, and hence cannot be equated with the Qur'an in its original Arabic form. In fact, each of the translations on this site is actually an interpretation which has been translated. The first-time reader is strongly advised to read the introduction to the translations we have made available. Corrections and suggestions are appreciated.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/

Another interesting fact is not a single Arabic character has changed in all that time.

...Prophet Muhammad (S) was very vigilant in preserving the Quran in the written form from the very beginning up until the last revelation. The Prophet himself was unlettered, did not knew how to read and write, therefore he called upon his numerous scribes to write the revelation for him. Complete Quran thus existed in written form in the lifetime of the Prophet.

Whenever a new revelation use to come to him, the Prophet would immediately call one of his scribes to write it down...

...'Besides the official manuscripts of the Quran kept with the Prophet, many of his companions use to possess their own written copies of the revelation'. (20)...

...The complete Quran was written down in front of the Prophet by several of his scribes and the companions possess their own copies of the Quran in the Prophet's lifetime. However the written material of the Quran in the Prophet's possession were not bounded between the two covers in the form of a book, because the period of revelation of the Qur'an continued up until just a few days before the Prophet's death. The task of collecting the Qur'an as a book was therefore undertaken by Abu Bakr, the first successor to the Prophet...

http://www.themodernreligion.com/basic/quran/quran_proof_preservation.htm

I read a translation. I understand in Arabic it reads like Shakespearesque poetry. In English it sounded rambling drifting from one topic to another. I also looked up references to issues like tolerance, modesty, peace, war, financial issues, infidelity, divorce, rights...

You might be surprised what the Qu'ran says if all you know is what Bozo the talking head tells you about Islam on the evening news.

Last edited:

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
1.Therefore saith the Lord "I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies " ISIAH, 2, 27

Gee, is the Bible telling Christians to go out and kill their enemies????

2. And he that curseth his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. EXODUS 21, 17

Gosh, many a times as a teenager I cursed my folks- is God saying that they should have killed me for a fairly minor infraction???

3. And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the Sabbath day. And the Lord said unto Moses, "The man shall be surely put to death: all the congegation shall stone him with stones.

WOW, does this mean that if you don't follow the Bible to every single detail, that the rest of the Christian church should harm or kill you???

Boy, Just WHOSE religious teachings are violent. These are historical accounts that have to be read in the context of the age. And just as we read the Bible now and interpret it to better our lives now, Muslims read the Koran in the context of their faith. To judge all Muslims by the actions of a few is to judge all Christians by the actions of Jimmy Jones.

And for goodness sake, Sassy, if you havent figured out the difference between the Koran and Arabic and the Torah and Hebrew, then DONT post on sites involving the Middle East or religion.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Well, one can only hope that by the time the extremists on the Sunni and the Shi'a side get done killing each other over misplaced commas and other puntuation errors in the Koran(or whatever other minor percieved slights it takes for Muslims to riot and pillage their own cities), there probably won't be enough left of either sect to really pose a threat.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
To judge all Muslims by the actions of a few is to judge all Christians by the actions of Jimmy Jones.
---------------------------------------fuzzylogix-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrrrrgh.

Somehow that moral relativism isn't playing with the Danish cartoons, of a Pope's quote causing
church burnings, or beheadings of various righteous swords.....

Somehow Madonna or other daring artists will take on the crucifix in her latest play
and leave the true iconoclastic work against muslims for far braver artists like the now dead Dutch
film-maker little defended by Hollywood.

Somehow most Western newspapers didn't want to repeat those Danish cartoons and have
armed guards like Rushkie.

Fuzzy logic. We'll bat some history around. We'll even compare religions in the modern times, too.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I don't think his point was to compare extremes of either religion, just to point out that most people of all religions live pretty normally without resorting to murder and rioting (despite how violent their holy books can be).

Last edited:

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
I don't think his point was to compare extremes of either religion, just to point out that most people of all religions live pretty normally without resorting to murder and rioting (despite how violent their holy books can be).
--------------------------------------Tracy------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you, Tracy. That was Fuzzylogix' point.

However....

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
to be fair there is a section in the bible which says something along the lines of if adulterers are found they should be taken and stoned to death. This is NOT advice on what should be done, it's just a recounting of the law at that time.

Maybe the part of the Koran being debated is a similar thing?

Anyway it's not a matter of religion it's a matter of intelligence. Anyone who reads a book which instructs them to kill someone else should logically think "hmmm that's crap... killing people is bad.... I will not follow these instructions" If they don't they are the guilty one, the individual is responsible, not the book.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
If western newspapers are so fair and balanced then why is it they have no problems publishing cartoons they know Muslims will find disrespectful, insulting and offensive, yet cannot find the nerve to publish photographs of the ongoing death and destruction suffered by Muslims in Palestine, Iraq and Lebanon?

Why don't these newspapers push the limits of free speech by publishing some of these photographs:

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES NOT PRINTED BY THE WESTERN MEDIA

http://www.pchrgaza.org/images/intifada_e.htm

http://www.lebanonlinks.com/photos.asp?album=photo_lebanon_israel_2006_war

http://www.lebanonembassyus.org/Photos.html

http://www.robert-fisk.com/iraqwarvictims_mar2003.htm

Pubvlishing those cartoons weren't about freedom of the press. They were hate propaganda.