Lets play: Guess the change!

sha_zapple
I've been saving my change for the past 3 years in an old peanut butter jar. I was pretty bored and decided to kill time rolling this stuff.

Your mission, if you coose to accept it: guess the approximate amount of change that was in the jar!

Heres the jar, empty now but it was full!

The jar is about 18cm tall and 10cm diameter. There was only quarters, dimes, nickles, and pennies inside. There was a pretty much equal amount of all coins, although more quarters and pennies.

fuzzylogix
Hmmm..... I once had a big winemaker's bottle full of pennies. When I moved I had to get rid of it and I had over a thousand bucks!!!!!!!

I guess that container had $312.45

Carmoral
hmmm...lets see...1.2..5..Id say $432.17

agentkgb
$527.76

sha_zapple
You guys are guessing really high. I wish there was that much in there! Remember, there was no toonie or loonies

agentkgb
$174.48, if I can change my guess.

TenPenny

Kreskin

gc
You guys are guessing too high (some of you). If it was mostly quarters and pennies, I'd say $101.63.
Last edited by gc; Sep 26th, 2006 at 04:30 PM..

hermanntrude
$58.50

hermanntrude
what's the prize?

fuzzylogix
The prize is that wonderful bear peanut butter jar.

I am going to keep guessing until I win.

$76.53????
$96.43???
$45.34
$34.98
$67.77
$98.76
$99.99???????

Kreskin
I think this is a fifty-fifty draw. Guess the amount and get half.

Sassylassie
I'd guess $65.98 cents. What did ya buy with your wind fall she zapple???? Come on fess up?

sha_zapple
Well, the actual amount was $139.53, so a few people were close!

I was impressed at how much was in that jar. I think im going to spend it on a few little things (Corner Gas season 3!) and some upgraded parts for my car

Sassylassie
LOL, I wasn't even close. I let my other half roll the change and then he can have it to "Golf". I hear you on car parts, the truck is going into the shop tomorrow-may god help me I'm sure the strutts are fried. I feel like a milk shake when I drive it. A Shaken and a rattlen. I love Corner Gas, it's hilarious.

sha_zapple
I may be getting springs and struts, but not because mine are fried (although they could be, 210k km!). Theyd make the car handle better, and look better (lower) of course. Otherwise, Im getting some better headlights, cause mine suck. You gotta be able to see!

My first urge is always to stick it in my bank account, where it will get spend on gas, food, and school. You know, boring stuff like that. Who needs it

hermanntrude
go out for a meal and get wasted drunk

hermanntrude
and take me with you i'm f*cking bored

gc
Well, if we make the rules one guess per person I win! (otherwise agentkgb would have won). So, what is my prize? Do I get to keep the money?

sha_zapple
I guess you were the closest without going over.

The price is wrong Bob!

fuzzylogix
I guess $139.53!

Sassylassie
LOL Fuzzy you crack me up, are you back in school?

She-Zapple I got the truck fixed today, ya might need another jar of change the total came in at $1800, new tie rods two, bolts something or other, new brakes, a front end alignment, oil change and a system check and I still have to carry the tow trucks business card in the visor. God I hate that truck.

Whisper0ne
Now would that be before or after it was spent?

Ok- my guess is 85.47

Whisper

Whisper0ne
Yikes........guess I should read all the threads before putting a guess in.

Whisper

fuzzylogix
Yes you should Whisper One. As you can see, I was spot on!

sha_zapple
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

go out for a meal and get wasted drunk

$40 for the meal, $100 for the alcohol, but wheres the money for the ambulance ride?