Baby Suri's Poop????

Liz

Nominee Member
Aug 9, 2006
Newfoundland
God help me. What has the world come to? I just read an article about the "artist" who cast in bronze, Tom Cruise's youngest's first BM.
What is that poor girl going to grow up like?

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
All I have to say is I hope she can live with knowing that the meaning of her name in Japanese is "Thief" and if she ever goes to japan she'll be laughed at because of it.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
I wonder, why did they call her that? Only because that name sounded like a nice combination of letters? Or does it mean something else in some other language?

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Re: RE: Baby Suri's Poop????

GreenGreta said:
Tom Cruise is a worthless piece of shit loser.

QFE...

I was just talking about this garbage with my wife the other day, because she is solely responsibile for keeping the tabloids in business in our zip code because of her addiction to "Stars" lives. I asked why people give a rat's ass about the stars kids, I won't burden the readers here with the answer other than to say it was tripe. However maybe someone here can answer the question. Who gives a damn? Or more precisely, Why do people give a damn? Why are these people treated so differently than the Jones's living next door to you? Why will Paris Hilton get a pass for her DUI? Perhaps she won't, but if she gets the same fine as everyone else thats a pittance to her, she carries that kind of cash in her thong if she's even wearing one the day of her court appearance...

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
Vereya said:
I wonder, why did they call her that? Only because that name sounded like a nice combination of letters? Or does it mean something else in some other language?

It means princess or jewel in another language, but when giving her that name they should of considered the meaning of it in other languages. Just because a name means one thing in one language doesn't mean it's the same in all languages, but I guess some people will never learn with naming kids :roll:

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I'm just trying to imagine this process. When the kid does it's first poop, mum and dad hang around, loosening the nappy, making sure the poop doesnt end up mis-shapen by squashing, then gently roll it onto a plinth, and present it to the lucky artiste, who, with gas-mask on, proceeds to sculpt an exact replica.

Can anyone see anything weird about that???

Good job the little bugger didnt have the squits! baby poop can be pretty evil

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I am suprised that Tomcat doesn't plan on eating it... wasn't he planning on eating the babies placenta at one point?

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
:laughing3:

That is very funny.

The whole eating placenta thing is weird. If you google it, it shows you a bunch of goats and rats eating their placentas. However, there are some nice recipes available as well, and Weight Watchers says it's only five points per serving. :pukeright: (maybe I should have used :pukeleft:, I don't understand the distinction tho)

Perfect, instead of "tomkat" (which makes me want to gouge my eyes out and run naked through a train station screaming "the ship is landing, the ship is landing, who's coming) we can call them "goat-rat".

I f*cking hate him. He's a moron.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Rather than being sick and weird, in the wild it's the only sensible thing for a mother to do. the placenta contains a ton of useful minerals and avitamins etc etc, and also attracts predators. If the mother eats it, she recovers all those nutrients and avoids her kid being eaten by a hyena who's just had a placenta appetiser.

just cos you never ate something before doesnt mean it's weird or wrong

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
Gosh your're right, hermanntrude. I just fried some with a delicious mint sauce.

I wonder if Tracy could get some extra freebies from her work for us.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Riyko said:
Vereya said:

It means princess or jewel in another language, but when giving her that name they should of considered the meaning of it in other languages. Just because a name means one thing in one language doesn't mean it's the same in all languages, but I guess some people will never learn with naming kids :roll:

No it doesn'[t work that way. 'Ben' means 'stupid' in Chinese. Chinese 'Fang' means good, virtuous or fragrant in Chinese, and is a common and beautiful girl's name in that language. So should the entire English-speaking world suddenly stop using 'Ben' because of it's Chinese meaning? And what about Chinese calling their daughters Fang?

Did you know that the French word foque is pronounced exactly like English f u c k? So ought the French stop using that word because of its English meaning?

And Esperanto 'negro' is a noun meaning 'black'.

"Mard' means man in Persian, but is pronounsed almost like s h i t in Quebec colloquial French!

There are well over 600 languages in the world, each independent of the other. Why should we all adjust to all of these languages simultaneously? It's an impossible task. Instead, I'd just say that we keep consistency within each independent language system. Bn is OK in english, but not Chinese. Fang is OK in Chinese, but not English. Negro is OK in dated English and Esperanto, but not contemporary English. Foque is OK in French, but not English. And mard is OK in Persian but not French. To try to cahnge over 600 languages to match, or to sift through so many languages just to ensure your kid's name is not offensive in one of all these myriad languages would be next to impossible.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
GreenGreta said:
:laughing3:

That is very funny.

The whole eating placenta thing is weird. If you google it, it shows you a bunch of goats and rats eating their placentas. However, there are some nice recipes available as well, and Weight Watchers says it's only five points per serving. :pukeright: (maybe I should have used :pukeleft:, I don't understand the distinction tho)

Oh the things you can do with placenta:

pregnancy.about.com/cs/placentas/a/placenta.htm

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
As it turns out, Suri is a common girl's name in India.

And if you surf the web, it wasn't Tom Cruise's idea to create the statue in the first place. He has nothing to do with it.. or at least as far as I could read. It's some other 'artist' who chose to take it upon himself.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
Yeah- Brad Pitt is replacing Tom Cruise in the next Mission Impossible, so it may be worth going to after all! I am sure that in his action scenes, Brad will accidentally get his shirt ripped off.......