Is everybody enjoying our little heat wave?

#juan
According to our thermometer on the back deck, it is currently 32 degrees C. The forecast is predicting 34 degrees . I love the hot weather and I wouldn't complain if we have this weather till October. My more reasonable side tells me that the odd day or so of rain mixed in with the sunshine would likely serve us better.

I haven't checked for a few days but the weather seems to be pretty good right accross the country.

Blackleaf
Why not use farenheit?

If you use farenheit, the temperature will be in the 80s or 90s rather than the 30s.

In Britain, this week we have been saying "It was 98 degrees this week" rather than a pathetic "It was 35 degrees this week."

Kodiak
I love this weather as well. I really don't mind the heat at all and would love to have this all year long. As far as the rain we will get our fair share in the fall/winter. The weather has been good all across the country but I think that Ontario is being hit with thunder storms which can spawn crazy things like tornado and what not.

#juan
The hottest place in Canada

right now is Lytton B.C. They are expecting a high of 42 degrees C. or about 107.6 F.

Kodiak
Be a good day to call in sick and just relax in the shade.

#juan
Kodiac wrote:
Quote:

Be a good day to call in sick and just relax in the shade.

I miss all that. I retired a few years ago and I can have every day off if I want but it's not the same. I guess there is a bit of larceny in all of us. I think all of us have taken the odd clandestine sick day, mental health day, whaterver, and good for us.

Kodiak
I am unemployed at the moment and I get what you mean. I am enjoying the time off but I am a bit bored. Nice to be home full time with the kids. The two middle ones are impressed that they haven't had to wash their work uniforms for over a month.

neone
We're suppose to hit 36 this weekend - 40 out in Chilliwack. That is really hot for our part of the country.

Simpleton
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf

Why not use farenheit?

If you use farenheit, the temperature will be in the 80s or 90s rather than the 30s.

In Britain, this week we have been saying "It was 98 degrees this week" rather than a pathetic "It was 35 degrees this week."

Why not use kelvin? That would really screw up the people watching the weather forecasts.

It's how hot?

Zero degrees kelvin, by the way, is absolute zero.

Simpleton
Quote: Originally Posted by Kodiak

I am unemployed at the moment and I get what you mean. I am enjoying the time off but I am a bit bored. Nice to be home full time with the kids. The two middle ones are impressed that they haven't had to wash their work uniforms for over a month.

Work uniforms? Do you mean school uniforms? Or are your middle ones impressed that you're allowing them to be slobs? crack that whip, sir!

missile
In a couple of months, I will be looking back fondly on these hot days. Right now tho, I wish it was late Sept.

Simpleton
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

In a couple of months, I will be looking back fondly on these hot days. Right now tho, I wish it was late Sept.

I wish it were mid-November. I hate summer, late-spring, and early-fall. I hate weather that forces me to remove clothing. I like to bundle up like an eskimo. I don't like exposing any of my flesh.

Bring on that cool Canadian winter!

SaintLucifer
Here in this thread we have a perfect example of why I am happy to be living in a cold country like Canada. I love winter with a passion and therefore could never live without it. Were anyone here to offer me free passage to Florida and a chance to live there on a permanent basis I would simply turn around, yank my pants down and slap my bare *** at them! I would never live in a hot clime if my very life depended upon it! It is my estimation Canada has the most perfect weather of all nations! Mwaaaaaaaaahhhhh @ Canada!

#juan
Quote:

Bring on that cool Canadian winter!

Yeah, about mid February. Then we can have Summer again starting in May. :P

Kreskin
Holy Christ it's hot today.

The conductor
You try working outside in this smoggy, soupy crap weather. With the sweat running down the crack of your *** in not a good way either. Where I work it hot, humid and the smog is bad.
I like it when its fall and a cooler breeze and the sun is not so hot and you can breath easier.

#juan
We are already 25 degrees at 7:45 am.....love it :P

Kreskin
Humidex expected to be 42 up here in CR.

#juan
Quote:

Humidex expected to be 42 up here in CR.

Could we say ,"It's a dry heat"? :P

Kreskin
It isn't too dry is it. My air conditioner is accumulating about 1 gallon of water per day.

#juan
We don't have an air conditioner, wish we did. Our bedroom was still 82 degrees at midnight last night.

missile
I had almost forgotten that Wintertime out there and you might have to wear a sweater my unk used to tease me every year by sending me photos of him walking around Vancouver wearing one..it would be freezing cold here.

#juan
missile

I just looled at the environment Canada site. I see you are still seeing the last of that storm, but you have some good weather on the way.

Cosmo
I adore this weather!! I'm sitting here in my altogethers since it's too hot to wear anything else (sorry to scare the younger folk) and loving the heat. Shell, on the other hand, is miserable. Even little Moche is panting and usually she's out in the sunshine no matter what the temperature!

I'm a summer girl! I love it.

Simpleton
Went to the store earlier today to get a pack of smokes. I was the easy, breezy, beautiful, covered girl. Wearing my trademarked camoflauge U.S. military hat, jeans, t-shirt, and jacket, I was hesitant to sweat. It would have made me look guilty.

"Guilty?"

Yeah, guilty for not being one of the many that actually enjoys summer. I love the cold. I have a fan blowing over my bed all winter long. Man, I can't wait for summer to end.

There's nothing I like more than to track through foot-deep accumulations of snow, bundled up like a pepperoni in a pizza pocket, and rejoicing in the space that the cold weather affords. Gosh, I enthusiastically await the arrival of old man winter.

Riyko
=( I want weather in the 70's and 80's, you guys are lucky it's 110 here right now.

Semperfi_dani
In all honesty, i was fine with the warm weather...till about yesterday....than i snapped. Oh yes...i snapped.

Now logic dictates that as the sun goes down, it would get cooler right? Oh no..not Edmonton. It got WARMER as the evening progressed. I about died yesterday. And sleeping was uncomfortable..today was no better.

I'm getting cranky. Blah.