Do you support Inter-marriage??

View Poll Results: Would you be supportive of Inter-marriage??
Yes 34 79.07%
No 9 20.93%
Possibly 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

sine000
Dude...Canada FORBIDS inter-marriage....

+ inter-marriage can bring deformities to the off-springs

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by sine000

You misunderstand. The OP defined inter-marriage as being between people of a different religion, race, ethnicity, nationality, or language. You're thinking of something like marrying your first cousins or half-siblings.

super☆man
I support the inter-marriage which can make lots of people from all the world together . Don't you think so ? I lke make friends with all from the world . and you may know the case of other coutries .you can choose lots kinds fo people who can show you some different cultures . I found that it should be very interesting . I support it . I hope that I can make friends by the forum way .

sine000
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister

You misunderstand. The OP defined inter-marriage as being between people of a different religion, race, ethnicity, nationality, or language. You're thinking of something like marrying your first cousins or half-siblings.

....Dexter Sinister....my bad....you misunderstood me....sorry...i meant that you cant marry your sister/brother, mom/dad....

Hotshot
[quote="sine000
....Dexter Sinister....my bad....you misunderstood me....sorry...i meant that you cant marry your sister/brother, mom/dad....[/quote]

You don't get it and give up, do you????

super☆man
I 'm so sorry for that I misunderstand the meanning of inter-marriage. if the case will bring about such bad result I should against it .

Dexter Sinister

....Dexter Sinister....my bad....you misunderstood me....

No, I don't think I did. I knew what you meant: you can't marry people who are genetically too close to you. Almost every society has an incest taboo, which in modern times is expressed in the legal system, though the degree of allowed consanguinity varies widely. Some ancient societies had monarchs marrying their brothers and sisters to preserve the supposedly divine bloodline (pharoanic Egypt comes to mind), but generally you can't marry anybody closer to you than a second cousin, and there are sound evolutionary reasons for that, which you clearly understood when you wrote "+ inter-marriage can bring deformities to the off-springs." Breeding among closely related people brings out the recessives. But that's not what the OP was about.

garryhudson55
I am dating a half Chinese girl at the moment and I plan to be with her for the long. But one of the things that would break us apart is religion, as that gives a person different belief, and also a basis of how they want to live their life. If that doesn’t coincide then it will become a lot more difficult than just a black guy dating a white girl etc.

Thankfully we are both catholic but I have a friend who was with his girlfriend who was Muslim as he was but couldn’t stay together as he was from Pakistan and she was Bangladeshi and they couldn’t bring themselves to tell their parents.

The world or the west may state that it is open to all ideas but in my opinion it is only open to ideas that it will agree to, history teaches us that.

hermanntrude
I dont see this as a valid question. It's not up to you who gets married. "would you marry someone of another race?" is valid i suppose, but it's none of your business who someone else marries. even your children have their own lives and can make their own decisions and if you dont support their decisions you are no parent at all

hadi_86
I do not support inter-marriage,

I think inter-marriage only causes more conlficts in the relationship because of religious and cultural differencs, and disputes in raising the children.

Hadi

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by JersayView Post

Now for people who are not married, and people who are married but may have a son, daughter, a cousin a relative, a brother or sister who isn't married. Would you be supportive or acceptive if a family member or relative married someone who is of a different religion, race, ethnicity, nationality, language??

I'm thinking the term "inter-marriage" is politically incorrect. Aren't we supposed to be seeing past the colour of skin and set of beliefs in our enlightened 21st century? All that aside, I think common sense tells us that if we marry within our own culture, then issues about raising children: such as choice of religion, education, vacation, spending, free time and all the other little nuances of daily life, will be a lot easier. I have two siblings that "inter-married". It's interesting looking in from the outside, but I have to admire them for enriching their lives. The bottom line is that sometimes the language barrier is really funny and sometimes it's just downright embarrassing, the priorities are different and the marital issues are different ... but they're both very happy with their choice. Besides, only the word "exotic" could apply to the children. Wait a minute, I have Indonesian blood in me ... so I suppose I ought to endorse those inter-marriages. I mean, could we at least call them inter-racial or inter-religious, just to be a little more honest about the topic? I don't know how I ended up with blue eyes, but they have their own funny way of being dominant even though the biologists say it isn't true.

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

I dont see this as a valid question. It's not up to you who gets married. "would you marry someone of another race?" is valid i suppose, but it's none of your business who someone else marries. even your children have their own lives and can make their own decisions and if you dont support their decisions you are no parent at all

In the 1950s and earlier it was taboo that a woman that was not white would burden a white man with a child or marriage. Thankfully that has changed. It wasn't so much that the inter-racial/religion people didn't want children, it was that society viewed the children as half-breeds and made no secret of shunning people that were of mixed race. I have actually met teenagers today that are of mixed marriage and they have a big chip on their shoulder about what race they really belong to so perhaps we're not as evolved as I hope we are.

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by hadi_86View Post

I do not support inter-marriage,

I think inter-marriage only causes more conlficts in the relationship because of religious and cultural differencs, and disputes in raising the children.

Hadi

It could cause problems or it could enrich a relationship. Hitler was against inter-marriage relationships even though he was the product of an inter-religious marriage. I think it's all about how you look at things. Two people can each bring a pink circle to the table and everyone understands each other (like lesbians), or one could bring a pink circle and the other could bring a blue circle. Sharing, learning, enriching ... all good things. Sure there are disputes but if both people are reasonable, then there are compromises in every direction. If someone is a bully, then obviously the differences and disputes become a serious problem.

Toro
I don't support inter-marriage. Fans of Inter Milan shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

m_levesque
Quote: Originally Posted by JersayView Post

Now for people who are not married, and people who are married but may have a son, daughter, a cousin a relative, a brother or sister who isn't married. Would you be supportive or acceptive if a family member or relative married someone who is of a different religion, race, ethnicity, nationality, language??

Generally speaking, yes, the only exceptions that their choice was Catholic and not coloured. God forbid one of my kids dates or marries a coloured person.

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by ToroView Post

I don't support inter-marriage. Fans of Inter Milan shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

I have no opinion on "Inter Milan", but I think the politically correct thing in this century is to accept inter-racial marriage. Like, what's the big difference ... maybe I have a better tan than you, and blue eyes and what ... if you are so fair that you have freckles, should I descriminate? Aren't green eyes and black hair the best?

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by m_levesqueView Post

Generally speaking, yes, the only exceptions that their choice was Catholic and not coloured. God forbid one of my kids dates or marries a coloured person.

Fod gobbids you procreate ... I mean, how much for your children - not. Hopefully people that have not assimilated into political correctness will not inter marry.

L Gilbert
rofl.