Why do people murder other people? (Why Do People Murder)


Jersay
#1
Now this story is going to have three parts possibly about it.

So about five six years ago, when I was living in the GTA, Oshawa actually. I had a friend about four to five years older than me who was a black man but also a security guard. So after graduating from highschool he got his job as a security guard, and wanted to be a police officer mind you, one day on his way to work he saw several suspicious men near a house. He had a piece of paper with him and he recorded down their features, their vehicle and then he entered the house because they left the door open and found a family bound on the floor, a home invasion. So he help untie the victims and after a few months he was prepared to testify against several of the people who had been caught because of his description.

However, my friend as he was waking home from his security job at midnight, his father sleeping in the living room waiting for him to return. As my friend got to his front door and had unlocked it and was entering. These gunmen a few at least opened fire on him and he turned and ran down his driveway to stop getting shot as well as to protect his parents from being hit from a stray bullet or two. So the gunmen followed him and shot him several more times before fleeing, and sadly his father found him lying in their driveway with at least 6 bullet wounds. Dying! And sadly after being rushed to the hospital he died. He was an only child.

So i just wonder how someone or people in general can pick up a gun, a knife, or anything and even their fists and feet, example Reena Virk, and kill someone else.

------------------

Does anyone know how someone can murder someone in cool blood. Premeditated and such?
 
Jersay
#2
So does anyone know or understand why people murder other people?

Their children? Their relatives? Their parents or people they don't want to know?
 
missile
#3
Sorry, but I can't help out here I'm not making light of your topic, but the few times I tried to murder someone, I was either drunk or provoked beyond my limits.
 
Jersay
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Sorry, but I can't help out here I'm not making light of your topic, but the few times I tried to murder someone, I was either drunk or provoked beyond my limits.

That's okay.
 
Jersay
#5
So can someone help me figure this out??
 
I think not
#6
You don't have a single answer Jersay, you're asking a question with millions of answers.
 
Jersay
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

You don't have a single answer Jersay, you're asking a question with millions of answers.

Its hard though. Because its sad. My buddy, he could be alive now, be a cop. But he's six feet under.

Your right though there are millions of answers to the question.
 
Simpleton
#8
Why do people murder people?

Interesting question. One reason might be because they come into Canadian Content forums and accuse people like Jersay of blowing moose *****.

You aren't thinking about killing canadasucksmoosecock, are you? Jersay, are you?
 
Jersay
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Simpleton

Why do people murder people?

Interesting question. One reason might be because they come into Canadian Content forums and accuse people like Jersay of blowing moose *****.

You aren't thinking about killing canadasucksmoosecock, are you? Jersay, are you?

Nah. He's harmless. He might choke on his moosecock though.
 
Colpy
#10
My cousin was beaten to death with one of those old military collapsible shovels and left in the woods. He was found two years later. The police suspect it was to cover up a $500 fraud, but can't prove it.

An acquantance was shot dead over 30 years ago in a drug deal. He was in the back of a car talking business, when the guy in the front passenger seat said "F%$#K I hate ******s", and shot him twice in the chest with a sawed-off .410 double-barreled shotgun loaded with slugs.

It so happened they were driving down Sydney Street with the police following them, and Chi Chi lept from the car, but died before the police got him to hospital.

Instant arrests, of course.

People can be very, very nasty........evil exists. It's as simple, and as complicated, as that.

I have scars where a guy tried to stab me in the stomach with an ice pick, but I got my hand in the way, and it just went through that.

When I was very young, I went after a guy with every intention of killing him, but was interupted by the arrival of the police on another matter. I dumped the weapon, and walked away. The luckiest thing that ever happened to me.

Edited to say:

ITN is right; a million different reasons.
 
Champloo
#11
A number of reasons. Mostly sociopathic people who don't recieve the proper care they need, I would guess.
 
Colpy
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Champloo

A number of reasons. Mostly sociopathic people who don't recieve the proper care they need, I would guess.

Too easy.

I could have killed, and I'm no sociopath.

Normal people kill. I know this is not murder, but ask any infantryman who has served in a war.
 
Champloo
#13
Murder, and war are two different things. It takes a different kind of person to murder.
 
Colpy
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Champloo

Murder, and war are two different things. It takes a different kind of person to murder.

I know war and murder are different, I said so in my post.

I disagree it takes a different kind of person to murder. The act is the same. The justification in war is sanction by the larger group, for the good of the group. Is that not exactly the same motivation as in gang warfare, or criminal conspiracy?

One on one murder is usually done off-hand, in a moment of rage. We all lose it sometimes.

And yes, then there are the murders done by real sociopaths. But I would be willing to bet they make up no more than half the total.
 
Champloo
#15
War is generally long distance. Murder is usually done close range (atleast in the sense Im thinking of it in). It takes a different kind of person to look a man in the eyes, and then fire.
 
Jersay
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy

My cousin was beaten to death with one of those old military collapsible shovels and left in the woods. He was found two years later. The police suspect it was to cover up a $500 fraud, but can't prove it.

An acquantance was shot dead over 30 years ago in a drug deal. He was in the back of a car talking business, when the guy in the front passenger seat said "F%$#K I hate ******s", and shot him twice in the chest with a sawed-off .410 double-barreled shotgun loaded with slugs.

It so happened they were driving down Sydney Street with the police following them, and Chi Chi lept from the car, but died before the police got him to hospital.

Instant arrests, of course.

People can be very, very nasty........evil exists. It's as simple, and as complicated, as that.

I have scars where a guy tried to stab me in the stomach with an ice pick, but I got my hand in the way, and it just went through that.

When I was very young, I went after a guy with every intention of killing him, but was interupted by the arrival of the police on another matter. I dumped the weapon, and walked away. The luckiest thing that ever happened to me.

Edited to say:

ITN is right; a million different reasons.

Wow.

Quote:

I know war and murder are different, I said so in my post.

I disagree it takes a different kind of person to murder. The act is the same. The justification in war is sanction by the larger group, for the good of the group. Is that not exactly the same motivation as in gang warfare, or criminal conspiracy?

One on one murder is usually done off-hand, in a moment of rage. We all lose it sometimes.

And yes, then there are the murders done by real sociopaths. But I would be willing to bet they make up no more than half the total.

I agree with your point here.
 
jolly_vinch
#17
different people have different minds.ergo, there are bad-*** motherf***ckrs who doesnt give a damn about the value of life.And there are others like us who value life and know that it is sacred.
 
Twila
#18
a famous author once said "

if murder was sanctioned for 1 day a year, everybody would be alot nicer to each other"

It was Earnest Hemmingway.

Doesn't answer your question really. But I just thought i'd throw that in there....
 
Liz
#19
people murder because they want to punish. They are usually punishing the wrong person for something that happened to them. The misunderstanding that leads them to believe that killing someone will help them feel better, is the same misunderstanding that leads them to believe that death is the worst punishment that they could deal out. Sociopaths, women scorned, angry hockey dads...its all the same. inapropriate response to some other action. My cousin was gunned down on his front lawn by his next door neighbour...for putting his trash out too close to theirs on pick-up day.
 
Caleb-Dain Matton
#20
For money, ask any capitalist.
 
Lieutenant Governor
#21
Greed, Revenge, Jealousy, Fear (self-defense), To facilitate a crime, To conceal a crime and good ol' fashion psychos.
 
tamarin
#22
There was a time in our history, and interestingly a time that covers most of it, when we freely murdered one another. Sport, conquest and cheap thrills. We don't do that now because of the rule of law. Those who murder today are merely replaying what their ancestors did before laws intervened.
 
gc
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by tamarin

There was a time in our history, and interestingly a time that covers most of it, when we freely murdered one another. Sport, conquest and cheap thrills. We don't do that now because of the rule of law. Those who murder today are merely replaying what their ancestors did before laws intervened.

When was there a time that you could "freely" kill anyone you wanted without any retribution?
 
tamarin
#24
History- the grand human tabloid - that records our exploits on the planet is merely an addendum to our time here. When we roamed the earth for hundreds of thousands of years we did so as bands of marauders who took what we wanted and did what we pleased. Retribution? Certainly. What we do know of early native history here once the Europeans began their great adventure in North America tells us a lot of what it would have been like for much of the millennia of human activity. Many of the tribes were ruthless raiders who quite enjoyed torturing and killing their competitors/enemies.
 
gc
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by tamarin

Many of the tribes were ruthless raiders who quite enjoyed torturing and killing their competitors/enemies.

And we don't have wars today? What's the difference?
 
tamarin
#26
War is not a way of life. This was their way of life. Big difference.
 
gc
#27
I don't think all Native tribes would describe war as a way of life...otherwise they probably would have been extinct long ago. There was war, but not all the time. Probably no more war than there was between the british & the french at that time. And because there was retribution, it wasn't really "freely" killing people as you described in your previous post.

Do you think war is not a way of life for Hamas & Hezbollah (or other terrorist organizations)?
 
tamarin
#28
My original point was that man for most of his history has killed indiscriminately. Like wolves staking and enforcing territory, they punished any interlopers. And looking at the Iroquois of eastern Canada regular excursions and raids against nearby tribes was normal practice. Little value was attached to human life.
One of modern society's great accomplishments is law. Without law men are little different than beasts of the outback.
 
agentkgb
#29
I doubt a lot of people who kill actually think a lot about what they're doing, if they consider it at all.
 
funkavenger
#30
Something not mentioned here, which I think is a big reason that "ordinary" people kill is that they end up in a situation that they didn't forsee and see the only way out as doing something they might not normally do. For instance, the classic story of desperate single mother. Let's call her Jane. Jane is a widow living on a low wage as an accountant, struggling to get by when one of her kids gets sick. The sickness is something not covered under insurance, say leukemia, and she has no family to turn to. She raises money at her church and through local charities, but is not able to come up with what she needs to save her child, meanwhile the clock on her child's life is ticking. A co-worker suggests that she fudges some books and takes some money at her company where she is just a number anyway. It would be so easy. Could you blame her for committing a crime unnoticeable to her company to save her child? Meanwhile, she's confided what she's done to her boyfriend. Her child is saved, but now she finds out her boyfriend has been cheating on her and she leaves him. Now she sees a side of him that she never knew as he's threatened to tell her company what she did (sleazy guy, right?) Her options:
1) Go to prison, losing her kids.
2) Stay with a guy who would likely be a negative influence on her children.
3) Have her boyfriend shipped to Antarctica (how many eskimos does Jane know willing to kidnap a man to the great yonder, though?).
4) Eliminate the problem illegally.

Another fairly well-known statistic is that when people kill, they don't do it with the intention of getting caught. If Jane was desperate and not thinking clearly, she probably falls into this category. This coupled with the idea that she had already compromised herself by fudging the books, she could see it as another compromise for her children.

I'm not saying that any of it's justified, but there are a million stories like this about why an ordinary person would commit murder. Not to mention the twisted, deranged, mentally damaged and emotionally detached people of the world with their sociopathic reasons. Do you have the show 'Law & Order' in Canada? 'Criminal Intent' is a good one for understanding the mind of a killer during the act.
 

Similar Threads

7
Hurt People Hurt People - Paul Neil too?
by Karlin | Oct 18th, 2007
27
people that live to hurt people
by Dreadful Nonsense | Oct 8th, 2007
6
Money for the people, and by the people
by czardogs | Feb 19th, 2003
no new posts