Why do people murder other people?

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Now this story is going to have three parts possibly about it.

So about five six years ago, when I was living in the GTA, Oshawa actually. I had a friend about four to five years older than me who was a black man but also a security guard. So after graduating from highschool he got his job as a security guard, and wanted to be a police officer mind you, one day on his way to work he saw several suspicious men near a house. He had a piece of paper with him and he recorded down their features, their vehicle and then he entered the house because they left the door open and found a family bound on the floor, a home invasion. So he help untie the victims and after a few months he was prepared to testify against several of the people who had been caught because of his description.

However, my friend as he was waking home from his security job at midnight, his father sleeping in the living room waiting for him to return. As my friend got to his front door and had unlocked it and was entering. These gunmen a few at least opened fire on him and he turned and ran down his driveway to stop getting shot as well as to protect his parents from being hit from a stray bullet or two. So the gunmen followed him and shot him several more times before fleeing, and sadly his father found him lying in their driveway with at least 6 bullet wounds. Dying! And sadly after being rushed to the hospital he died. He was an only child.

So i just wonder how someone or people in general can pick up a gun, a knife, or anything and even their fists and feet, example Reena Virk, and kill someone else.

------------------

Does anyone know how someone can murder someone in cool blood. Premeditated and such?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Sorry, but I can't help out here :( I'm not making light of your topic, but the few times I tried to murder someone, I was either drunk or provoked beyond my limits.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I think not said:
You don't have a single answer Jersay, you're asking a question with millions of answers.

Its hard though. Because its sad. My buddy, he could be alive now, be a cop. But he's six feet under.

Your right though there are millions of answers to the question.

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
Why do people murder people?

Interesting question. One reason might be because they come into Canadian Content forums and accuse people like Jersay of blowing moose penis.

You aren't thinking about killing canadasucksmoosecock, are you? Jersay, are you?

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Simpleton said:
Why do people murder people?

Interesting question. One reason might be because they come into Canadian Content forums and accuse people like Jersay of blowing moose penis.

You aren't thinking about killing canadasucksmoosecock, are you? Jersay, are you?

Nah. He's harmless. He might choke on his moosecock though. :D

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
My cousin was beaten to death with one of those old military collapsible shovels and left in the woods. He was found two years later. The police suspect it was to cover up a $500 fraud, but can't prove it.

An acquantance was shot dead over 30 years ago in a drug deal. He was in the back of a car talking business, when the guy in the front passenger seat said "F%$#K I hate niggers", and shot him twice in the chest with a sawed-off .410 double-barreled shotgun loaded with slugs.

It so happened they were driving down Sydney Street with the police following them, and Chi Chi lept from the car, but died before the police got him to hospital.

Instant arrests, of course.

People can be very, very nasty........evil exists. It's as simple, and as complicated, as that.

I have scars where a guy tried to stab me in the stomach with an ice pick, but I got my hand in the way, and it just went through that.

When I was very young, I went after a guy with every intention of killing him, but was interupted by the arrival of the police on another matter. I dumped the weapon, and walked away. The luckiest thing that ever happened to me.

Edited to say:

ITN is right; a million different reasons.

Champloo

Nominee Member
Jun 29, 2006
RE: Why do people murder

A number of reasons. Mostly sociopathic people who don't recieve the proper care they need, I would guess.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Why do people murder

Champloo said:
A number of reasons. Mostly sociopathic people who don't recieve the proper care they need, I would guess.

Too easy.

I could have killed, and I'm no sociopath.

Normal people kill. I know this is not murder, but ask any infantryman who has served in a war.

Champloo

Nominee Member
Jun 29, 2006

Murder, and war are two different things. It takes a different kind of person to murder.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Why do people murder

Champloo said:
Murder, and war are two different things. It takes a different kind of person to murder.

I know war and murder are different, I said so in my post.

I disagree it takes a different kind of person to murder. The act is the same. The justification in war is sanction by the larger group, for the good of the group. Is that not exactly the same motivation as in gang warfare, or criminal conspiracy?

One on one murder is usually done off-hand, in a moment of rage. We all lose it sometimes.

And yes, then there are the murders done by real sociopaths. But I would be willing to bet they make up no more than half the total.

Champloo

Nominee Member
Jun 29, 2006

War is generally long distance. Murder is usually done close range (atleast in the sense Im thinking of it in). It takes a different kind of person to look a man in the eyes, and then fire.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Re: RE: Why do people murder other people?

Colpy said:
My cousin was beaten to death with one of those old military collapsible shovels and left in the woods. He was found two years later. The police suspect it was to cover up a $500 fraud, but can't prove it.

An acquantance was shot dead over 30 years ago in a drug deal. He was in the back of a car talking business, when the guy in the front passenger seat said "F%$#K I hate niggers", and shot him twice in the chest with a sawed-off .410 double-barreled shotgun loaded with slugs.

It so happened they were driving down Sydney Street with the police following them, and Chi Chi lept from the car, but died before the police got him to hospital.

Instant arrests, of course.

People can be very, very nasty........evil exists. It's as simple, and as complicated, as that.

I have scars where a guy tried to stab me in the stomach with an ice pick, but I got my hand in the way, and it just went through that.

When I was very young, I went after a guy with every intention of killing him, but was interupted by the arrival of the police on another matter. I dumped the weapon, and walked away. The luckiest thing that ever happened to me.

Edited to say:

ITN is right; a million different reasons.

Wow.

I know war and murder are different, I said so in my post.

I disagree it takes a different kind of person to murder. The act is the same. The justification in war is sanction by the larger group, for the good of the group. Is that not exactly the same motivation as in gang warfare, or criminal conspiracy?

One on one murder is usually done off-hand, in a moment of rage. We all lose it sometimes.

And yes, then there are the murders done by real sociopaths. But I would be willing to bet they make up no more than half the total.

I agree with your point here.

jolly_vinch

Jun 20, 2006
different people have different minds.ergo, there are bad-ass motherf***ckrs who doesnt give a damn about the value of life.And there are others like us who value life and know that it is sacred.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

a famous author once said "

if murder was sanctioned for 1 day a year, everybody would be alot nicer to each other"

It was Earnest Hemmingway.

Doesn't answer your question really. But I just thought i'd throw that in there....

Liz

Nominee Member
Aug 9, 2006
Newfoundland
people murder because they want to punish. They are usually punishing the wrong person for something that happened to them. The misunderstanding that leads them to believe that killing someone will help them feel better, is the same misunderstanding that leads them to believe that death is the worst punishment that they could deal out. Sociopaths, women scorned, angry hockey dads...its all the same. inapropriate response to some other action. My cousin was gunned down on his front lawn by his next door neighbour...for putting his trash out too close to theirs on pick-up day.