Holy crow it's hot

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Had to lose the shirt

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Our very expensive meteorological instrument($1.50 thermometer bought at K-Mart)is saying 32 degrees F. and I agree.

BTW, a large surface area helps one to cool off... :wink: :lol:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Everyone's wondering, is that Kreskin? Only my hairdresser knows for sure. LOL

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Kreskin! you've lost a lil weight I see. OMG take it easy. Have a sandwhich fer gawds sakes... no need to go overboard with the weight loss, man... don't want you to be a shadow of your former self! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
thecdn

Funny. That is precisely the conditions we had in Nanaimo yesterday, and the conditions we will have again today. I just happen to like warm weather. :p :p

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
#juan said:
thecdn

Funny. That is precisely the conditions we had in Nanaimo yesterday, and the conditions we will have again today. I just happen to like warm weather. :p :p

Warm weather is one thing, kind of nice in the 'winter' when others are dealing with that white fluffy stuff.

It's the humidity that makes this place hell for four months or so. I grew up in the Halifax area so I know about humidity close to the water, but the combination of the heat and humidity down here makes it horrible at this time of year.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
thecdn

The humidity I don't like, is what we get during our "Biblical Rain" (forty days and forty nights)that usually occurs from October til February and beyond. Our heat waves don't usually last too long so we can afford to take a more philosophical approach to it...More, more, I say.

Do you think this could be a symptom of global warming?

:p

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
Damn, I hate to admit it but... I have become a West Coast wuss. Yesterday was beautiful here in Victoria (30-ish) but compared to the summer temps n humidity back in SW Ontario, it was nothing. Regardless, I still found I broke a sweat at times. 8O Wot's next? A pair of Birckenstocks? :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Geez, I hate it when you use big words

What the hell is a "Birckenstock"? :wink: :p

Toro

Senate Member
thecdn said:
It's the humidity that makes this place hell for four months or so. I grew up in the Halifax area so I know about humidity close to the water, but the combination of the heat and humidity down here makes it horrible at this time of year.

Its the humidity that gets you, not the heat.

But its actually not as bad here as it is in Toronto because we have no pollution here. I've been in TO when its been 40C, 55C with the humidity, and the pollution makes it unbearable.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:lol: :lol: Kreskin gets around.

Eastern Ont. is famous for its temp and humidity. Even if you don't mind it, don't watch the weather channel.

Half an hour of them yaddering on about HEAT, HUMIDITY, HUMIDEX,FUNNEL CLOUD, REPORTED FUNNEL CLOUD, MAYBE A FUNNEL CLOUD, MAYBE NOT. But it's RRRRRRRRRRRRREALLLY HOT :!: :!: ................Enough to make a mare bite her colt. :?

Gimme summer
Gimme heat
Gimme sun
Gimme sun block
Gimme water
Then fall
Like it all
Yah :roll:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Hot and humid here in Changchun too. but we have intermitent cool rain now now and then which is much appreciated. gives us a short break from the heat now and then.