Quote: Originally Posted by kaisin
i am asian from singapore. would be here for a month and would need some advise from the people here regarding the following:
1. is there anywhere which i can get free wifi connection in calgary.
2. Where are the places worth visiting when i am here in calgary
3. Anywhere i can get tickets to hockey matches?
4. any events going on in this one month june27th to july 26th
5. Any tips for a first timer like me?
Hockey is probably out, too late in the season. My SO mentions that you could catch a football game (Stampeders).
The Calgary Tower
The Royal Tyrell Museum in Drumheller
The Eau Claire Market
Princes Island Park
Lots of places to go hiking
The Calgary Zoo (internationally acclaimed)
The Glenbow Museum
If you can get out to Banff National Park, thats definately something you need to see while you are here.
You may want to check out Discovery Calgary (external - login to view)
which is the official Calgary Tourism website.