This bird is amazing

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That was amazing

I almost choked when I heard the chainsaw and the other saws. What a riot. Thanks for that

Kodiak

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2006
Nanaimo
That was really entertaining. Did you catch the type of bird it was? I am thinking it is a lyre bird. Am I right?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I didn't catch the name of the bird but I think you are right about it being a Lyre bird.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
No, I didn't catch what type of bird it was, worth watching again to find out though!

#Juan: The chainsaws were cool, but I still thought two different camera or shutter types were awesome!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I have a neighbor, three houses down the street who has the same car alarm that the bird was doing. It is amazing that these birds can also mimic mechanical sounds like a camera shutter.

The lyrebird, which Sir David Attenborough meets on a log in a dense forest in Australia, is the bird world's best mimic. It can imitate 12 other birds. It does the whirring of a camera's motor drive and the click of a shutter. It repeats the engine of a car, and the din of a car alarm. It can even imitate the screech of the chainsaw wielded by the loggers coming to cut down its habitat.

I picked this off a bird blog about birds