This bird is amazing

Said1
Really. What the male species will do to attract a mate.

www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/bird-mimic.html (external - login to view)

#juan
That was amazing

I almost choked when I heard the chainsaw and the other saws. What a riot. Thanks for that

Kodiak
That was really entertaining. Did you catch the type of bird it was? I am thinking it is a lyre bird. Am I right?

#juan
I didn't catch the name of the bird but I think you are right about it being a Lyre bird.

Said1
No, I didn't catch what type of bird it was, worth watching again to find out though!

#Juan: The chainsaws were cool, but I still thought two different camera or shutter types were awesome!

#juan
I have a neighbor, three houses down the street who has the same car alarm that the bird was doing. It is amazing that these birds can also mimic mechanical sounds like a camera shutter.

Quote:

The lyrebird, which Sir David Attenborough meets on a log in a dense forest in Australia, is the bird world's best mimic. It can imitate 12 other birds. It does the whirring of a camera's motor drive and the click of a shutter. It repeats the engine of a car, and the din of a car alarm. It can even imitate the screech of the chainsaw wielded by the loggers coming to cut down its habitat.

I picked this off a bird blog about birds

Kodiak
Thanks #Juan. I was trying to do google searches and I was getting a little frustrated.