Snake Bite

Jersay
I will keep this short and sweet.

Yesterday after my exam I was wondering the campas when I almost stepped on a snake that was sun-bathing on the stairs. Therefore, it hissed or did some kind of noise at me and tried to slither into the woods. However, I tried picking it up by its tail which I suceeded on doing and it therefore bite me on the hand.

Colpy
Geez, and here I thought you were talking about something important........like salt, tequila, lemon.....

#juan
Did this snake have

a diamond pattern on his back and rattles on his/her tail? Nevermind. You would know by now. :P

Jersay
Nope I'm still alive. But for nanaimo what kind of snakes do they have? I thought it was only a garter snake.

#juan
In B.C. we get rattlesnakes in the interior but none as far as I know, on Vancouver Island. I think that the rattlesnake, in one form or another, is the only poisonous snake in Canada. Gartersnakes can bite but have no venom.

Jersay
Yeah all it did was give me a nasty bite on the finger. There has been no ill effects other then that.

Jookie
Consider yourself lucky and move on... or come up with an elaborate story about how after you were bitten you ran into Jessica Alba and she had to suck the poison out.

Up to you

Jersay
Quote: Originally Posted by Jookie

Consider yourself lucky and move on... or come up with an elaborate story about how after you were bitten you ran into Jessica Alba and she had to suck the poison out.

Up to you

No. I don't have too.

Even do it would be nice to add Jessica Alba to the story.

Daz_Hockey
I thought you were talking about Booze too Jersey, Snakebite here is Cider with blackcurrent juice and a few other things, usually available at the student union bar at a very cheap intoxicating price

Calliope
emrsnakes.
emrnot!
cditybityis.
emrsnakes!

sorry couldn't resist.

Glad it wasn't serious.

#juan

Well, this topic is about snakes... :P :P

Jersay
Quote: Originally Posted by Daz_Hockey

I thought you were talking about Booze too Jersey, Snakebite here is Cider with blackcurrent juice and a few other things, usually available at the student union bar at a very cheap intoxicating price

Got to try that then when I go to the local student bar next time.

dekhqonbacha
The snake still must be regretting for the loss of his poison.

dekhqonbacha
Jersay
you are all right?

I assume yes, otherwise you wouldn't be here now.

I hope next time you will leave the snake alone.

Jersay
Yeah I am fine. Just some anticeptic on the wound to ensure it doesn't get infected was my major concern instead of a little snake bite.

Jersay
And you might be right juan, it was a Liberal snake so it took a bite out of me for bewing an NDP supporter.

Kodiak
Reminds of when my oldest was seven. We were on a family walk, he grabbed a snake and was promptly bitten. With a shocked look on his face he turned to his dad and asked, "Are there any posionous snakes on the Island?" I answered before his dad had a chance, "Little late to be asking don't you think?"

Jersay

That probably scared him from touching or picking up snakes. However, I on the other hand would probably do it again.

Kodiak
Nope, didn't scare him in the least. But it did make him think a little about thinking before action (important life lesson). That summer we had an empty trailer (for hauling junk) laying in the backyard that he and I made a home in it for the dozen of snakes that he did find. We even gathered earthworms for the poor buggers that weren't smart enough to escape their confines.

Colpy
Strange how things come up in sequence.......My working partner tonight brought up snakebites, and he has been bitten by gerter snakes repeatedly (He is a bit of a amateur naturalist, rabid duck hunter (No, I don't mean he hunts rabid ducks ), and a taxidermist)

He says it feels really weird, and hurts, but has absolutely no ill effects.....

Jersay
Agreed. All it does is hurt a bit but that is all.