Snake Bite

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I will keep this short and sweet.

Yesterday after my exam I was wondering the campas when I almost stepped on a snake that was sun-bathing on the stairs. Therefore, it hissed or did some kind of noise at me and tried to slither into the woods. However, I tried picking it up by its tail which I suceeded on doing and it therefore bite me on the hand.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Did this snake have

a diamond pattern on his back and rattles on his/her tail? Nevermind. You would know by now. :p

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
In B.C. we get rattlesnakes in the interior but none as far as I know, on Vancouver Island. I think that the rattlesnake, in one form or another, is the only poisonous snake in Canada. Gartersnakes can bite but have no venom.

Jookie

Jun 14, 2006
Consider yourself lucky and move on... or come up with an elaborate story about how after you were bitten you ran into Jessica Alba and she had to suck the poison out.

Up to you

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Re: RE: Snake Bite

Jookie said:
Consider yourself lucky and move on... or come up with an elaborate story about how after you were bitten you ran into Jessica Alba and she had to suck the poison out.

Up to you

No. I don't have too.

Even do it would be nice to add Jessica Alba to the story.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
I thought you were talking about Booze too Jersey, Snakebite here is Cider with blackcurrent juice and a few other things, usually available at the student union bar at a very cheap intoxicating price :)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Well, this topic is about snakes... :p :p :wink:

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Re: RE: Snake Bite

Daz_Hockey said:
I thought you were talking about Booze too Jersey, Snakebite here is Cider with blackcurrent juice and a few other things, usually available at the student union bar at a very cheap intoxicating price :)

Got to try that then when I go to the local student bar next time.

Kodiak

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2006
Nanaimo
Reminds of when my oldest was seven. We were on a family walk, he grabbed a snake and was promptly bitten. With a shocked look on his face he turned to his dad and asked, "Are there any posionous snakes on the Island?" I answered before his dad had a chance, "Little late to be asking don't you think?"

Kodiak

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2006
Nanaimo
Nope, didn't scare him in the least. But it did make him think a little about thinking before action (important life lesson). That summer we had an empty trailer (for hauling junk) laying in the backyard that he and I made a home in it for the dozen of snakes that he did find. We even gathered earthworms for the poor buggers that weren't smart enough to escape their confines.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Strange how things come up in sequence.......My working partner tonight brought up snakebites, and he has been bitten by gerter snakes repeatedly (He is a bit of a amateur naturalist, rabid duck hunter (No, I don't mean he hunts rabid ducks :)), and a taxidermist)

He says it feels really weird, and hurts, but has absolutely no ill effects.....