Car Alarms should be outlawed.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We have a new neighbor who has a car alarm on a six or eight year old Chevy. These people moved in a couple months ago and about every other night some cat jumps on the hood of this car or something and sets off the alarm. Our street is well-lighted and the danger of someone stealing this bucket of bolts is just about nil. I might be more understanding if the car was a valuable antique or a shiny new Porche but this piece of junk doesn't even get washed.

What is my position in the law? Can I do anything about this? Comments?

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I guess you could call it a noise complaint. But since it is there car, I guess they are allowed to have a car alarm on it even if it is a crapbox and doesn't get washed.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Colpy, my newest car is a six year old Toyota. Quite frankly, I wish somebody would steal it. I would like a new Miata... :p

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Jay said:
Can I do anything about this?

Shoot the cat?

I would talk to them about it if they are approchable people.

Probably a good idea, except I'm only guessing what sets the damn thing off. I know cats sometimes crawl up on the hood of a car because it is warm. I don't know if they are approachable, they are never in during the day. I'll keep trying.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
No kidding! I bet everyone has been woken up at some ungodly hour while the owner of a vehicle is blithely unaware that his car alarm is terrorizing an entire neighborhood!

Kodiak

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2006
Nanaimo
Just be careful they don't exchange the car alarm to something a little more sane, like maybe the all-night barking guard dog!