How to get married?

Inlove
Hey guys! Had anyone any experience with russian girls? I want to marry one. Does anyone know anything about how to marry in Russia and what will it take to get her here?
Thank you in advance of possible help!

#juan
You want to marry a Russian girl?

Do you mean any Russian girl, or what? Maybe you could put a personal add in Pravda. I'm sure Russian girls are great but why would a Russian girl want you for a husband? What do you have to offer?

Inlove
Well I mean a special girl. The best girl in the world. The one I love. I just need to know technical side of the process.

dekhqonbacha
You'll go to ZAKS.
end of story.

Can you wait until Wednesday?

By Wednesday night I'm gonna ask someone. I know how it works, but I've been here for long time and things have changed the last 5-10 years. I might be wrong is some details.

I'll the person who is still in contact with her tradition.

Okay?

You aren't in rush?

dekhqonbacha
yeah, besides you should've posted your thread in "off-topic" not in forum games.

dekhqonbacha
Meanwhile you can ask Vereya. She logs in from Russia. She must be very familiar with all the customs, traditions and laws.

good luck

Kreskin
Moved to off topic.

glossprincess
I'm so confused. Do you mean like a mail order bride?!

Inlove
no I mean the woman I allready know. And I just want to know if someone had allready go through the process couse Russia seems weird they never really explain what they want out of u and change documentation list every 5 minutes. Crazy.

dekhqonbacha
really?

glossprincess
Ohhh ok, sorry, you didnt make it very clear in your first post so I was confused! Ummm, cant help you out I'm afrid. But best of luck with it all

Vereya
Do you plan to get married in Russia or in Canada, Inlove? In case you marry in Russia, you go to a ZAGS together with your fiancee, you write a statement there, saying that you intend to get married, and you both sign it. Ordinarily, they schedule the marriage ceremony in a month's time from the date you signed your statement, giving you a chance to change your mind. The date of marriage can be scheduled sooner, if you bring a medical certificate, stating that the girl is pregnant. In that case it takes about two weeks. But these are the ordinary procedures, that are applied when two citizens of Russia are getting married. I am not sure how it will work in your case, if you are a citizen of another country. I can't tell you how long it is going to take, but knowing Russian officials as well as I know them, you will encounter every possible obstacle. So just be patient. Probably, you could get married in your embassy in Moscow, but I am not very sure about it, too.

dekhqonbacha
oo, gosh, Inlove i forgot to ask my friend. Here, Vereya gave much more information than I would have.

Nataly
I've seen some good-looking Russian girls on this site:

www.loversplanet.com (external - login to view)

Good Luck!

hermanntrude
do it in canada. much easier.

Vereya
It could be hard for the girl to come to Canada.

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by VereyaView Post

It could be hard for the girl to come to Canada.

The Immigration requirements have seemed to change over the last few years. I am not overly familiar with the latest regulations, but I do understand that it is not easy any longer to bring in one's bride from another country. A gentleman I know recently married a Filipino lady and she is still back in the Philippines awaiting her entry papers from Canada. Based on what he has shared with me, it seems there is a financial obligation on the part of the person sponsoring a potential immigrant that has to be met before Immigration Canada permits that persons' entry into the country.There are probably many other such regulations regarding this matter. My best advice would be not to seek information on this forum, but instead to contact your local Immigration office and get the information first-hand from them.

mapleleafgirl
i think guys who go for mail order brides are losers and wacked. whats wrong with getting a good canadian girl anyway? or cant they get one so they have to buy a wife from somewhere else? i mean, these girls are only looking for a ticket to canada so how would you know they really love you anyway?its like something i think the government should make against the law cos its kind of like slavery if you think about it.

Vereya
2 mapleleafgirl:
Quote:

May 21st, 2006 09:46 PMInloveWell I mean a special girl. The best girl in the world. The one I love. I just need to know technical side of the process.

Do you know anything else of their story to say what you did? Or, maybe, you know the girl and are sure that she doesn't love him in return? Such off-hand judgements as yours make me sick. I can just as easily suppose that a foreign girl got your boyfriend, and this statement of mine will be just as much justified as yours was.

hermanntrude
i married a canadian, came here as a visitor, and received my permanant residence status just a few weeks ago. had to leave and re-enter but that's no big deal.

it wasnt easy but it's straightforward. fill in the forms, pay them and a doctor a considerable sum of money so they can tick some boxes and grab your balls respectively, wait a few weeks and voila.

L Gilbert
I know a couple intercontinental marriages that worked out fine. Two guys around here have Fijian wives and all are happy. Another married a girl from Belarus and they are happy. He even paid for her father to move here. No, they aren't "wacked" either. Two own businesses and the third works for the province. I think people that spout opinions based on feelings instead of experience and fact are "wacked", but that's just me. Seems to be a bit biased to think Canadian girls are any better than the rest.

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by mapleleafgirlView Post

i think guys who go for mail order brides are losers and wacked. whats wrong with getting a good canadian girl anyway? or cant they get one so they have to buy a wife from somewhere else? i mean, these girls are only looking for a ticket to canada so how would you know they really love you anyway?its like something i think the government should make against the law cos its kind of like slavery if you think about it.

I understand your point of view Maple, but might I suggest that you are being a bit harsh? It's not how you meet someone that matters, but what you make of it after the meeting. When I was younger personal ads in newspapers for singles were quite common. The internet has replaced this, spreading the possibility for meeting people from the local community to the entire world. There are many lonely people out there and what is interesting is not how they find a mate, but that they do! How lucky to end your lonliness by actually connecting with someone, regardless of the circumstances of the meeting.

mapleleafgirl
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctusView Post

I understand your point of view Maple, but might I suggest that you are being a bit harsh? It's not how you meet someone that matters, but what you make of it after the meeting. When I was younger personal ads in newspapers for singles were quite common. The internet has replaced this, spreading the possibility for meeting people from the local community to the entire world. There are many lonely people out there and what is interesting is not how they find a mate, but that they do! How lucky to end your lonliness by actually connecting with someone, regardless of the circumstances of the meeting.

well maybe. but you gotta admit its only losers who would go picking up women on the internet. noway you can know anythging about anybody on the internet

mapleleafgirl
Quote: Originally Posted by VereyaView Post

2 mapleleafgirl:

Do you know anything else of their story to say what you did? Or, maybe, you know the girl and are sure that she doesn't love him in return? Such off-hand judgements as yours make me sick. I can just as easily suppose that a foreign girl got your boyfriend, and this statement of mine will be just as much justified as yours was.

im sure she loves him, its her chance to get out of russia so damned right she loves him, for what he can do for her., it dosent make sense to fall in love with someone youve never met before.

mapleleafgirl
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

I know a couple intercontinental marriages that worked out fine. Two guys around here have Fijian wives and all are happy. Another married a girl from Belarus and they are happy. He even paid for her father to move here. No, they aren't "wacked" either. Two own businesses and the third works for the province. I think people that spout opinions based on feelings instead of experience and fact are "wacked", but that's just me. Seems to be a bit biased to think Canadian girls are any better than the rest.

what im saying is what is wrong with these guys that they cant pick up girls in their own neighbourhoods? sounds totally lame to me. like for sure im going to get myself an online boyfriend and then move in with him and have never seen him..

hermanntrude

well maybe. but you gotta admit its only losers who would go picking up women on the internet. noway you can know anythging about anybody on the internet

mapleleaf girl:

I take insult at that.

I also think you must be rather foolish. Why on earth would it be a bad thing to meet someone on the internet??? You don't pre-judge people by looks, you're usually not clouded by alcohol as you might be in a bar, you're in private if u wish to be and not if you dont, there's no pressure on either side. Personally i think it's the best place to meet friends and lovers and wives.

hermanntrude

The second part of your post isnt entirely true. Think about it.

When you first meet someone, in life as on the internet, you can't trust a word they say. You file away all the things they tell about you in a folder marked "suspicious". The longer you talk, however, the less reason there is for them to lie, and, at the same time, the more clues you get as to the truth of what they say. For instance, your newfound friend says "i am 6'10" blonde with blue eyes and giant breasts" You file this under "very suspicious". You later receive a photo of the person standing by the millenium bridge in london. You remove the file and place it under "actually possible", later still you have a conversation about london and the difficulty of moving along the southbank without being mimed at or performed to by a crazy clown with a keyboard, and the file gets moved again to "probably true". Later still you go on a webcam with the friend and realise she actually is 6'10" with blue eyes and blonde hair, and underneath her t-shirt appear to be two large zeppelins. you move the file to "probably true".

see? it's not that different to real life. maybe it takes longer but that's no bad thing.

In my experience people only lie for a day or two and then either reveal their lie and giggle a lot or vanish. either is no big deal.

mapleleafgirl
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

mapleleaf girl:

I take insult at that.

I also think you must be rather foolish. Why on earth would it be a bad thing to meet someone on the internet??? You don't pre-judge people by looks, you're usually not clouded by alcohol as you might be in a bar, you're in private if u wish to be and not if you dont, there's no pressure on either side. Personally i think it's the best place to meet friends and lovers and wives.

im sorry. i wasnt trying to be rude.dont know anything about bars really, too young yet to be allowed in

hermanntrude

im sorry. i wasnt trying to be rude.dont know anything about bars really, too young yet to be allowed in

the internet is a good place, but just like in real life you have to learn who is trustworthy and who isnt, where is a safe place to go and where isnt. we all know there are websites which will ruin your computer and others which will flood your screen with dirt, and others which are a little dodgy and others which are perfect and others which are stupid.

I met my wife on the internet. we're going to have a baby in september

mapleleafgirl
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

the internet is a good place, but just like in real life you have to learn who is trustworthy and who isnt, where is a safe place to go and where isnt. we all know there are websites which will ruin your computer and others which will flood your screen with dirt, and others which are a little dodgy and others which are perfect and others which are stupid.

I met my wife on the internet. we're going to have a baby in september

okay, but can i ask a serious question. did you have a problem hooking up with canadian girls? oh, wait, youre from somewhere else right?well, apply that question to where-ever youre from.