OOOWWWIIEE

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Ok, so nt for lack of trying...I couldn't find my old thread on the dentist...and yes i used the search option, it just hates me.

I sit here today, on "Vacation" form work, face looking suspiciously like a chipmunk has stuffed my cheeks with nuts. why? Because after a whole fiasco with y insurance, I had my four wisdom teeth and a molar extracted yesterday. Given how out of it I was, I have refused to take any percocet today...so no I sit, and my face hurts :crybaby:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Maybe you should have a nap so you will feel better....

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I was black and blue back when all my teeth were yanked[24 of 'em]..it was the coppery smell that was the worse for me.And not being able to eat or drink any thing too hot or cold,until my dentures were ready.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
missile said:
I was black and blue back when all my teeth were yanked[24 of 'em]..it was the coppery smell that was the worse for me.And not being able to eat or drink any thing too hot or cold,until my dentures were ready.

24 teeth Missile? Wow!!

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
It was either that, or massive root canal work on all of them . I took the least costly route :( Did I mention that I was awake while the dentist pulled them out? I had 4 good needles of drugs before tho.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
He just had to make me feel like a coward again...I was bawling my eyes out over 5....the nurse, funny nice lady, her name was Andrea, brought me into this room, ot Dental OR, and I see the chair and all this weird stuff, and turn around to leave...smart chick stood behind me and put her arm out to block my way, reassuring me I'd be knocked out before I knew it...but first gave me valium to put me in "the zone", I was out before the dental surgeon came in the room....drug sensitivity can be a good thing!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
When I had my back teeth pulled I wasn't happy about going under.....who would be?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Just because you have a diferent pain threshhold than me,doesn't make you a coward & I would have rather been put under for the procedure..but he said that my cooperation was needed & had to be cogent . JMO here, but you've had children, so you really know pain :)

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Some book I read said "Fear is the mind killer" & I've always thought that was true..not that I know fear or the meaning of it :) Fools rush in, is more of my style.