"Face of Jesus" appears in asparagus plant.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A man finds the face of Jesus in his asparagus plant - and his garden is not far away from a ruined mediaeval monastery.

News Shopper

Divine vegetation in tutor’s garden
By Samantha Payne

The mysterious roots

A GARDENER had a revelation when he dug up his asparagus plant and saw the face of Jesus.

Martin Gregory was enjoying his Sunday morning gardening when he noticed something quite different about one of his asparagus ferns he removed from a pot.

As the 52-year-old laid the 30-inch plant on the grass the sun shone down on the roots and revealed the face of Jesus to him.

The part-time mosaic tutor said: "I thought Good gracious! It's the face of Jesus.

"It's the most weird thing I have ever seen.

"The roots are fantastic. You can actually make out a thorn crown around his head, his eyes and nose.

"I've heard about Mother Theresa's face being seen in a bagel but I thought this was much better."

Belvedere resident Mr Gregory removed the plant from his pot, which had been in the garden for 10 years, because he thought it was dying.

He believed the Christ-like image was caused by the roots being pressed against the stones in the plant pot causing the unusual indentations.

He added: "It looked so much like His face it took my breath away.

"It has not made me religious. But it could be something supernatural linked to the abbey ruins opposite.

"We don't know what's in the ground."

Father David Sherratt, of St Michael and All Angels Church, Abbey Wood Road, Abbey Wood, said: "I have often heard of people seeing things. God may want Mr Gregory to interpret what he saw in the plant as a sign."

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/n...4541.0.divine_vegetation_in_tutors_garden.php