Not a Danger Most Joggers face..

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Having an alligator

pull you into the water and tear your arms off, is not something most Canadians worry about while jogging.

link

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
#juan said:
pull you into the water and tear your arms off, is not something most Canadians worry about while jogging.

Yeah, but in Canada here we have the occasional Bear or Cougar attack. I'd say moose too, but they mostly avoid populated areas, but they're pretty pissy at certain times of the year.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Jo Canadian wrote:
Yeah, but in Canada here we have the occasional Bear or Cougar attack. I'd say moose too, but they mostly avoid populated areas, but they're pretty pissy at certain times of the year

True; In the Spring of 1952, a cow moose with a calf put me up a tree, and kept me there for about an hour.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
#juan said:
Jo Canadian wrote:
Yeah, but in Canada here we have the occasional Bear or Cougar attack. I'd say moose too, but they mostly avoid populated areas, but they're pretty pissy at certain times of the year

True; In the Spring of 1952, a cow moose with a calf put me up a tree, and kept me there for about an hour.

:lol: There we go. Now if anyone can come forward with any Walrus attacks I think then we've got Florida Beat.

I personally have almost been mowed down by a Muskox on a couple of occasions. I wasn't jogging though so it doesn't count.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
In roughly the same time frame, my wife's best friend's cousin's daughter's neighbor was bitten on the ass by a big pike after he got it in thre boat. Took four stitches to save his life.... :p

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
#juan said:
In roughly the same time frame, my wife's best friend's cousin's daughter's neighbor was bitten on the ass by a big pike after he got it in thre boat. Took four stitches to save his life.... :p

I forgot how nasty those things were. When I was living in Yellowknife, a fellow swimming in Great Slave lake has his lower leg ripped up from a Pike too.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Re: RE: Not a Danger Most Joggers face..

thecdn said:
This attack took place about 10 miles from my house. Makes you think when you've got a canal in your back yard.

I bet, especially if you have kids man.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I was joking but a big Pike has all the same equipment as a Barracuda. They are certainly capable of inflicting a nasty bite. I know from bitter experience you don't put a hand in their mouth to take out a hook.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
#juan said:
I was joking but a big Pike has all the same equipment as a Barracuda. They are certainly capable of inflicting a nasty bite. I know from bitter experience you don't put a hand in their mouth to take out a hook.

Now you know: Don't swim in lakes that have Big Pike!!

Amik

Electoral Member
Mar 21, 2006
I think you're safe in the lake with a pike, it's when you take it out of the lake it gets mean :lol:

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Amik said:
I think you're safe in the lake with a pike, it's when you take it out of the lake it gets mean :lol:

I dunno man. The guy in YK probably has a phobia of the lake now. :lol:

But then again the Pike that got him they guessed was around 4' when they checked the damage on him. I'm sure the smaller ones are more timid. I never heard of it til then either.

Hey Amik, judging from the name & Avatar where are you from?

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now