Not a Danger Most Joggers face..

#juan
Having an alligator

pull you into the water and tear your arms off, is not something most Canadians worry about while jogging.

link (external - login to view)

missile
Thats the only place on earth where gators and crocs both co exist & joggers deserve everything they get

Jo Canadian
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan

pull you into the water and tear your arms off, is not something most Canadians worry about while jogging.

Yeah, but in Canada here we have the occasional Bear or Cougar attack. I'd say moose too, but they mostly avoid populated areas, but they're pretty pissy at certain times of the year.

#juan
Jo Canadian wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, but in Canada here we have the occasional Bear or Cougar attack. I'd say moose too, but they mostly avoid populated areas, but they're pretty pissy at certain times of the year

True; In the Spring of 1952, a cow moose with a calf put me up a tree, and kept me there for about an hour.

Jo Canadian

Jo Canadian wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, but in Canada here we have the occasional Bear or Cougar attack. I'd say moose too, but they mostly avoid populated areas, but they're pretty pissy at certain times of the year

True; In the Spring of 1952, a cow moose with a calf put me up a tree, and kept me there for about an hour.

There we go. Now if anyone can come forward with any Walrus attacks I think then we've got Florida Beat.

I personally have almost been mowed down by a Muskox on a couple of occasions. I wasn't jogging though so it doesn't count.

#juan
In roughly the same time frame, my wife's best friend's cousin's daughter's neighbor was bitten on the *** by a big pike after he got it in thre boat. Took four stitches to save his life.... :P

Jo Canadian

In roughly the same time frame, my wife's best friend's cousin's daughter's neighbor was bitten on the *** by a big pike after he got it in thre boat. Took four stitches to save his life.... :P

I forgot how nasty those things were. When I was living in Yellowknife, a fellow swimming in Great Slave lake has his lower leg ripped up from a Pike too.

thecdn
This attack took place about 10 miles from my house. Makes you think when you've got a canal in your back yard.

Jo Canadian
Quote: Originally Posted by thecdn

This attack took place about 10 miles from my house. Makes you think when you've got a canal in your back yard.

I bet, especially if you have kids man.

#juan
I was joking but a big Pike has all the same equipment as a Barracuda. They are certainly capable of inflicting a nasty bite. I know from bitter experience you don't put a hand in their mouth to take out a hook.

Jo Canadian

Ok, Now I'm starting to wonder how safe it is to jog in Florida now.

Three women die in suspected alligator attacks in Florida

Jo Canadian

I was joking but a big Pike has all the same equipment as a Barracuda. They are certainly capable of inflicting a nasty bite. I know from bitter experience you don't put a hand in their mouth to take out a hook.

Now you know: Don't swim in lakes that have Big Pike!!

Amik
I think you're safe in the lake with a pike, it's when you take it out of the lake it gets mean

Jo Canadian
Quote: Originally Posted by Amik

I think you're safe in the lake with a pike, it's when you take it out of the lake it gets mean

I dunno man. The guy in YK probably has a phobia of the lake now.

But then again the Pike that got him they guessed was around 4' when they checked the damage on him. I'm sure the smaller ones are more timid. I never heard of it til then either.

Hey Amik, judging from the name & Avatar where are you from?

Jo Canadian

Colpy

Having an alligator

link (external - login to view)

It is pretty bad when luggage gets uppitty.

no new posts