Amerian Idol

Said1
Tyler Hicks is singing "In the Ghetto".

It's almost distrubing.

fuzzylogix
Yeah, That is why Im here typing. I couldnt even bear to hear Simons comments. I think he butchered one of my favourite songs. Damn you Taylor.... He has a great voice though when he uses it on the right songs. Im still rooting for him.

Said1
My daughter loves it, I can't stand it myself.

fuzzylogix
It was an interesting idea to begin with, and less obnoxious than many of the reality shows, but it has become a parody of itself. Just saw the movie American Dreamz which spoofs it.

Jo Canadian

Finder
Canadian Idol is better

glossprincess
Australian Idol is the best

Finder
Quote: Originally Posted by glossprincess

Australian Idol is the best

kangaroo Ido... Really?

I think not
They're all garbage.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by fuzzylogix

It was an interesting idea to begin with, .

That's because Britain invented it. Our version - the original - is called Pop Idol.

We still make the best TV in the world. Another show we exported to America is Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

glossprincess
I agree Blackleaf! And The Weakest Link started in the UK too. I remember the first Pop Idol....with Will Young and Gareth Gates. They were both so good! I've met Gareth actually, he's a total sweetie!

fuzzylogix
All right, I do have to concede that British Humour can be pretty funny. I am a big fan of Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean)

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf

Quote: Originally Posted by fuzzylogix

It was an interesting idea to begin with, .

That's because Britain invented it. Our version - the original - is called Pop Idol.

We still make the best TV in the world. Another show we exported to America is Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

It is true that English TV has many "firsts" and are copied in "America"....but the "American" versions are usually improved versions of the "firsts".