Any sports/celebrity/famous people on this forum??

Jersay
So we already know about #juan and being a pilot in the 1950s which is pretty amazing and such.

So has anyone done something famous or interesting in their life similar to #Juan story.

And has anyone ever been in a movie, run for election, tried out for the olympics or some other sport.

For example before I got into baseball I tried out for a local minor league baseball team and did pretty well for several years before I injured my shoulder.

So anyone else??

Jay
No, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express once.

Jersay
That's a nice place.

Good enough. For now.

Jersay
So no famous people.

Damn! Because if there were we could all find out where the famous ones live and hang out with them and such.

Oh well.

fuzzylogix
Ahem............................................

fuzzylogix
Ahem.... Baywatch...
Academy Awards...

Married to famous people....
Was Canadian......

Not ringing any bells?????

Oh for Gods sake......

38DDDDDDDDD

NOW DO YOU RECOGNIZE ME????????

MEN!!!

Johnny Utah
Quote: Originally Posted by fuzzylogix

Ahem.... Baywatch...
Academy Awards...

Married to famous people....
Was Canadian......

Not ringing any bells?????

Oh for Gods sake......

38DDDDDDDDD

NOW DO YOU RECOGNIZE ME????????

MEN!!!

You Bloody Wish! You're alot smarter Ha-Ha..

fuzzylogix
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny Utah

You're alot smarter Ha-Ha..

Johnny Boy!!
Finally something we can agree on!!!

Nuggler
If you did serious time in the joint does that count as fame?

fuzzylogix
Why? ARe you Martha Stewart???

Said1
I know a real senator. He doen't get mad if you walk past him chanting "triple E senate, triple E senate". Nice guy, very down to earth, good a flipping the bird.

Riyko
Hmm, nope not a celebrity... I do have famous relatives though.

Greg Kihn (greg kihn band)
Bob Olsen (played for the NY Yankees)
Bob Olsen's son [I don't know his name] (played for the Philadelpha Eagles)

I don't know if any of you guys know who any of them are.

ChrisP
I saw Courtney Cox once, on the street, does that count?

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisP

I saw Courtney Cox once, on the street, does that count?

Of course it counts, just like my drunken senator.

ChrisP
Then I have touched greatness with my eyes

darkbeaver
I am a famous explorer, but I can't give you my name, you know what the fan mailwould be like eh. Who is the blond bombshell and what is baywatch?

ChrisP
I think I saw you on CaddyShack

Kreskin
I golfed with Rod Brind'amour. Does that count for any brownie points?

Jersay
Sure. Now if you can give out his address, I think I am going to hop in the camper and wait until he allows me on the property.

ChrisP
I was in my Highschool Play

Kreskin
Did you get your autograph?

ChrisP
yes I did

SlayerJake
I'm not famous, neither is my family, but, I golfed with 2 Montreal Canadiens (NHL hockey team for you International folks) before, Patrise Brisebois and Benoit Brunet. I've also met a couple of French-Canadian celebrities and got pictures.

MagnoliaApples
I was signed to a demo deal with Warner records when I fronted a hip hop/pop all girl group years ago. We broke up before we got the full deal which was a good thing because God only knows who any of us would be right now if it continued. And the label would have turn us into something I knew I didn't want to be but I continued to write music, did some work as a lead and backup singer for R&B/urban/hip hop performances. Was a regular at Lola's Martini Bar, was an openning gig for The Philosopher Kings, met some producers, some cool musicians - the base player for Nelly Furtado who also toured a bit with Pink Floyd - and label execs. I ended up having a song played on regular rotation on the radio for a while - that was a while back. At one point, the U.K group All Saints picked up one of my songs because they were working with the same producer we worked with when we were with Warner but unfortunately the group was having alot of inside squabbles between the girls and they never did end up putting out that last album. They couldn't reconcile their differences and i missed out.

I got a guitar and changed the course of my writing - instead of R&B, I got into mainstream writing. Now i'm a producer and I work mainly on my own music trying to learn more about music production and quite enjoy the stuff i'm doing now over the stuff I was doing for the hip hop/pop market.

So i'm not famous, but I did have some close calls with getting out there. I'm still trying to get out there but i'm still trying to get my new sh** together. I don't know if I want to be 'famous' but I would like to be able to do what I do for a 'living'. The arts is such a tough place to do that. Especially when you're an Indie. It's such a fickle and elitist area. But, i'm keeping my chin up and maybe one day....

ChrisP
I talked to Dr. Hook, I don't think he's a real Doctor.

Jo
I had a drink or two with the actor/singers of the Commitments. Anyone seen that movie? They were doing a promo in our Town and we went to see them. Daughter wanted their atuographs and I went and asked them. When they heard my accent they asked me to sit with them, us all being from Dublin Ireland. I chatted with Leo Sawyer, I met Michael Cain years ago. I'm a very friendly person !

Said1
I know Mark Savard. I forgot about that. You know from the Atlanta Thrashers.

fuzzylogix
WHO?

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by fuzzylogix

WHO?

Wouldn't you like to know.

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

No, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express once.

I'm with Jay.