Who wants to make a difference in the world???

glossprincess

Electoral Member
Feb 5, 2006
A woman who used to go to my school started up an organisation a few years ago called Peru's Challenge.

Here's some info on it.....

PERU'S CHALLENGE
The mountain range of the Andes in Peru is a breathtakingly beautiful destination however amongst the beauty life for many Peruvians is tough.

For this reason, Peru's Challenge was created by Jane Gavel from Australia and Selvy Ugaz from Peru. Peru's Challenge is a not-for-profit organisation working with volunteer travellers to improve child education, health and hygiene standards in indigenous mountain villages.

Volunteers are the life-blood of Peru's Challenge, each providing invaluable support and experience for projects in rural communities surrounding Cuzco in Peru, South America.

Join a Peru's Challenge volunteer travel program and you will:
- Create opportunities for the children of Peru; basic education, healthy food and fresh running water
- Travel in one of the most magical and picturesque locations on Earth
- Live in Cuzco, the oldest inhabited city in the western hemisphere
- Explore sacred ruins of the mighty Inca civilisation and trek to the holy 'lost city' of Machu Picchu
- Surround yourself in the language and culture of the indigenous mountain people of Peru

Its something I definitely want to do asap and I encourage all of you to have a think about it as well!

Here's the website if you wanna find out more....

http://www.peruschallenge.com/

glossprincess

Electoral Member
Feb 5, 2006
Oh cooooome oooooon people! Is nobody else even just a little bit interested?! It's a once in a lifetime experience, what an amazing sense of self-achievement that would come from it! Not to mention the fact that you get to explore Macchu Picu!