Absence for FiveParadox

Do you think that the state of Canadian Content has degenerated?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't know / Prefer not to disclose

• Total voters

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think I have come to a decision.

I am going to be stepping away from Canadian Content for anywhere between three or four weeks. The conduct of debates and discussions has degenerated from the point where it once was, to where one has to think twice before submitting a post for fear of being insulted and ridiculed, rather than having your ideas criticised. Maybe this is, I would hope, temporary — and therefore such a practice may have dispersed by the time I decide to return.

And perhaps moreso than¹ that, it would appear that my presence on these forums appears to have become more a point of contention than anything constructive — I tend to have a practice of pointing out where I would think infractions of the terms of service or forum rules have occurred, in the hopes that issues can be resolved without resorting to the intervention of Administrators or Moderators. However, I am now being accused of using this practice as a sort of suppression technique, or to be harbouring some sort of secondary agenda; my character is being thrown into question, and that is something that I am not obligated to stand for.

For now, I am done with Canadian Content.

I wish everyone a good month.

:!: Revision : ¹ Corrected a typing error.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Five

I'm sorry to see you go. We are working on most of these problems. Why don't you see if we've improved by Monday.

Take Care

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I wouldn't get my knickers in a knot over it Five.

Have a few bowls of ice cream and you'll be just fine. :p

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
5par, I read in another thread that you're contending with an awful lot right now - please take good care of yourself. And also, I have enjoyed your informative posts and your attempts to encourage people to play nice around here. You will be missed. Things are gonna look a l'il colorless around here.....

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
FiveParadox sighs.

You know what? I think I love Canadian Content, and the membership, too much to leave this place. I was sitting there trying to concentrate on Final Fantasy IX, when I came to the conclusion that I no longer cared about whether or not Princess Garnet reached her destination — but who here at CanCon would post thread after thread about Her Excellency the Governor General, if for my absence?

I love you people, "with all faults" and "as is".

I just made be particularly bitchy at times, so be forewarned. :D

Maybe this thread should be deleted?

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
5 Par if you leave I will leave then Darkbeaver will leave and Cortezzzzzzzzzz and Diana and Jermiah.
:?

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
sorry paradox
i know my antics have pushed you toward your decision---
sorry

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
for gods sake DONT GO!!!!!!!!!
i was only joking about that CSIS thing
how the ....can you take me seriously
this forum is for being like jim morrison on
--or have i misunderstood it...

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
Re: RE: Absence for FiveParadox

FiveParadox said:
Grow up, cortezzz. ;)

so it WAS me
ill try to be unlike jim morrison
but grow up is a tall order for me
especially since there are quite a large collection of people on this forum that--- seem to share my immaturity-- i know that no excuse -- but i thought i say so anyway
you see i feel that that nasty side --- is somehow brought out in me by well -- certain posters---
thats no excuse-- but again ill use it
say how do you stay hi on this forum....
does anyone get out of here alive...

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
oh and let me make it clear that you arnt one of the posters that brings out the bad side----
you are just there at the wrong time
my mind squeeks and i lash out and there you are... sorry

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Re: RE: Absence for FiveParadox

FiveParadox said:
FiveParadox sighs.

You know what? I think I love Canadian Content, and the membership, too much to leave this place. I was sitting there trying to concentrate on Final Fantasy IX, when I came to the conclusion that I no longer cared about whether or not Princess Garnet reached her destination — but who here at CanCon would post thread after thread about Her Excellency the Governor General, if for my absence?

I love you people, "with all faults" and "as is".

I just made be particularly bitchy at times, so be forewarned. :D

Maybe this thread should be deleted?

Deleted??? Absolutely not, Five. Your opinions matter. Maybe handing out the occasional bitch slap might not only make you feel better, but might help get some of the snapping and snarling under control. Feel free. :)

I'm glad you've decided to stay. I know I miss the place terribly when I take time away. As annoying as things can get at times, it's still "home" in cyberspace. Glad you're keeping your spot at the table!!

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Damnit, I thought I'd be able to catch up to the number of your posts.

I had to sit with myself on a simuler dession the other day. Slightly different as I know sometimes I can be passionate in my own responces but a few things here have made me question if it was worth posting here anymore. I'm glade you decided to stay as you are one of the people I come here to debate with and have fun doing so. =-D

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
5par, I'm really glad to see you still here too... you're definatley one of the stabilizing influences around here. Hope you're feeling well today...