Skydiving thrill for 91 year old.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Skydiving thrill for 91-year-old

Constance Peploe practises her dive with Geoff Wood

A 91-year-old woman is throwing caution to the wind to raise money for charity.

Constance Peploe, from Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, has only been in a plane once in her life but is to try her hand at skydiving.

"I want the thrill of it - I think it would be lovely to come down just like I've watched the birds," she said.

Mrs Peploe will dive 13,000ft strapped to instructor Geoff Wood who said she was the most sprightly person he had seen in a long time.

Sensible life

"The oldest lady I have taken skydiving before was 86. She was very, very fit and active but not a patch on Constance," he said.

The mother-of-three, whose sons are all elderly, said she jumped at the chance of skydiving when she heard ExtraCare, the charity which runs her retirement home, was organising a money-raising skydive.

She said she had spent her life being sensible and had decided it was time for a bit of reckless excitement.

Mrs Peploe was undeterred after her practice session with Mr Wood.

"We can do it together can't we? It's all systems go," she said.

She is due to take the plunge next month at Hinton Skydiving Centre in Brackley.

Money raised will go to support the ExtraCare Charitable Trust's new retirement village in Duston.

news.bbc.co.uk

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
I nearly did skydiving.. signed up for the class and everything. I think I could have jumped out of the plane OK but in the class you had to jump off the four foot high desk then dive forward and do a somersault and geez- that scared the crap outta me!!! I knew I was gonna break my neck before I even got in the plane.