Dear President Bush....

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Dear President Bush,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you and understand why you would propose and support a constitutional amendment banning same sex marriage. As you said, "in the eyes of God marriage is based between a man and a woman." I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other
elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair
price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is
in her period of menstrual uncleanness - Lev.15:19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it
creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 . clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination - Lev. 11:10 it is a lesser abomination than
homosexuality.I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev.21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the
hair around their temples, even though Lev. 19 expressly forbids this. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig
makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester
blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really
necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
So, then why do Christians care about it at all? I've never understood why the homosexuality ban in Leviticus was so important and unchanging, but the other stuff is meaningless.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
It differs amongst Christians. Some adhere to the Old Testament and some do not. It's my understanding Bush is a born again Christian, which should mean he doesn't go by anything in the Old Testament, or at least it shouldn't.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I tell you Tracy, I don't pretend to profess in every little detail in regards to the Old or New Testament. I'm a Christian of the Eastern Orthodox Church, we use the Bible only as a "guideline". We don't live by a set of "rules" per se, a sin is not something you have to run and "clense" your soul, it is more about moving away from God than embracing him, at which point you have to think about what you have done. So it's a bit different with me. I'm also a bit of a lazy Christian, I just go by what my conscious tells me is right or wrong.

To answer your question directly, it is mentioned several times in the New Testament.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
RE: Dear President Bush..

Christians=perferred lion feed, once a popular source of protien for the carnivours of the roman circus, now completly useless since the sport was banned.

Keep the christians away feed a big cat today.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Gotcha ITN. I'm not up on the Bible obviously :) It just seems like I hear a lot of Christians here use Leviticus as their religious basis for being against homosexuality, so I assumed they did care about the Old Testament too but I've never been so bold as to get into a real conversation about it.

Zan, I do love the word smite... These type of rules are one reason I couldn't really embrace Christianity. I am a person who routinely works on the Sabbath... my babies still want care those days:)

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
There's no wisdom in denigrating the whole of any
religion, nor is there wisdom in denigrating the whole
of science.

It always seemed reasonable to me that both religion
and science can live comfortably side by side in
respect.

I just think that religion and science are not to be
juxtapositioned as two false alternatives, but rather
as two sincere looks into nature, ours and the universe.

When I see an anti-religionist use all the logic they
can muster to disprove the whole of any religion,
I see the same of an extremist religionist use logic
to disprove them.

Both of their tones, their manners, their methods,
their pushiness in exalting the logics of their arguments
are the same.

The people who exalt sequential logic above all else
are the most rigid literalists that have no understanding,
nor wisdom.

Amen.

Allah Akbar.