What breed of dog are you owned by?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
We have a chihuahua, medium size, loves us and the kids and grandkids. Very protective of her property and people. Lucky she's not big. Very intelligent and easy to housetrain. Wants to please the people she owns. Downside: very needy, gotta have the cuddles all the time.

She got us after our old terrier mix died at the ripe old of 17 8O .....that's friggin old :!: :!: She was a great little doggie, and pretty well grew up with the kids. Very feisty. Loved fightin. Anything. Cats, dogs, squirrels. She loved all people except when our kids were outside playing, then, no strangers came on the property. Go figure dogs eh :!: :!: Never bit anyone but had to keep her in when the mailman came by. She will always be missed. A tear comes to the eye when we think of all the love she gave us and the extreme unquestioning loyalty.

Once we had rented a cottage for a week, and while we were down at the beach, a racoon got in the front door. We noticed Pup wasen't with us, then heard this ungodly noise from the cabin.
Sounded like all the demons in hades were turned loose in two rooms. Rushed over in time to see a very bloody coon headin for the bushes. Into the cabin, blood all over, fur, Jeez what a mess!!
Our dog comes out proud as hell with one ear hanging loose, fur missing, blood and cuts all over and she's saying..........Did I ever kick ass :!: :!: :!: She damn near bought the farm.

FOUR HOUR drive to the vets, she's patched up, rarin ta go 8O
Terriers is TOUGH.

OK that's mine.................

:wink:

<minor edit in subject line, merely murdered the all-caps>

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: WHAT BREED OF DOG ARE YOU OWNED BY??

I'm owned by a Gernam Short Haired Pointer. She is almost the spitting image of the one below.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

We are owned, and treated extraordinarily well, by Angus the Border Collie. He's a wonderful friend, he obeys me to the letter, and rarely do I need to say a command, he just seems to know what I want him to do. His only pet peeve is the rain. It abuses him, it hits him in the face. He's pretty sure it is a punishment I've designed. If we are walking in the rain, he will look so terribly beaten that people pause to give me dirty looks. This is embarrassing, so I get back at him by giving him big hugs when other dogs are around to see it.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
RE: WHAT BREED OF DOG ARE YOU OWNED BY??

Beautiful dogs.

Ihave a beagle. My daughter named him Jay after our other dog, who is no longer with us, Jake. Jake used to do the same "I'm being abused" thing in the rain and he would shake like he was freezing when tied up outside the store in August.

As for the begal, I call him "the Beagle" or "le Begal" (add accent of course). The cat calls him retard or stupid bastard. But we're totlaly owned.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Haggis McBagpipe said:
We are owned, and treated extraordinarily well, by Angus the Border Collie. He's a wonderful friend, he obeys me to the letter, and rarely do I need to say a command, he just seems to know what I want him to do. His only pet peeve is the rain. It abuses him, it hits him in the face. He's pretty sure it is a punishment I've designed. If we are walking in the rain, he will look so terribly beaten that people pause to give me dirty looks. This is embarrassing, so I get back at him by giving him big hugs when other dogs are around to see it.

:lol:

I love border collies. They are the smartest dogs in the world.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

Jay, are Pointers scent hounds as well?

The people up the street from have some type of small pointer. It's really cool to watch it stalk a squirrel or cat. They don't let it attack cats, but it still puts on a good show. Neat dogs.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Oh ya!

My Rumour is very, very birdy, and loves to chase squirrels. She does the whole pointing routine and it is quite adorable to watch. But she is very nose driven...

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

I should also mention that I don't like people who have dogs that actually listen. Keep that in mind if it seems like I'm not longer acknowledging your posts, because I am. :D

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

And she is very scared of the thunder, as we were reminded again last night!

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: WHAT BREED OF DOG ARE YOU OWNED BY??

Said1 said:
I should also mention that I don't like people who have dogs that actually listen. Keep that in mind if it seems like I'm not longer acknowledging your posts, because I am. :D

:lol:

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: RE: WHAT BREED OF DOG ARE YOU OWNED BY??

Jay said:
Oh ya!

My Rumour is very, very birdy, and loves to chase squirrels. She does the whole pointing routine and it is quite adorable to watch. But she is very nose driven...

The Beagle is getting better as he gets older, I can distract him from whatever it is he's tracking most of the time. When he was a pup, approx 5months on, I had to pick him up and carry him or else he choke himself.

One time, he came accross a tuna sandwich on our way back fromt he park. I wouldn't let hiim have it, and he cried the rest of the way home and at the front door for HOURS. He's quiet though, I'll give him that much. Aside from crying, no howelling, mooning (or whatever it is) barking or other noises beagles are famous for.

Is yours ok off her leash?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

If you mean chasing squirrels and not listening then she is superb off leash!

We had to get a "haulty" for her....one of the leashes that hang off her face rather than off her neck. She pulls and pulls with a normal leash and then spends the day coughing, so we had to get the other leash type for her.

Our Rumour doesn't bark much at all either, but still remains rather vocal. Whining and such are her preferred methods of communication. Unless of course she is the only one in the living room and an old lady walks down the road in front of our house, then she lets out sharp barks to warn us all of the immediate danger....

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

Sounds a lot like mine, but he's getting a lot better off his leash....listening and everything. I hear you with the pulling thing, although it wa me pulling him. I recently stopped using his harness. Lots of short leash training the last few weeks. Beagles are so regressive though, or they like you to think!

I'm really owned by the cat though!

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Re: What Breed Of Dog Are You Owned By??

OOoohh! My favourite topic! I'm worse than people showing pix of their grandbabies ... in fact I had to nag the folks around here to see their baby pix!

We're owned by Moche. We adore her. She's typical Jack Russell Terror -- crazed. We love that the breeder doesn't crop the tails.

Here's her as a wee baby ... six weeks:

And here's her now, three years:

I love seeing everyone's fur baby pix! What a treat. :)

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
We are proud owners of a new dog from the pound, named Bobby.
He (they say) is a mix of sheltie and shepherd. He looks 100% sheltie though. He was owned by a woman for 3 years who had to move into an apt. that wouldn't take dogs.

Since both of our shelties died last year, we decided to stick with what we know - another sheltie. Bobby is a great dog - after only a month, he is responding to commands, sleeping in his own chair, but still afraid of the cats. He is such a happy dog that it's hard not to like him back.

Uncle

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I think it needs to be a rule, you must post pictures of your cute-pie owners. I have approximately (give or take a few) 1,000,000,000,000,000 pictures of our owner, and I can happily post them all day. Just so you know. :lol:

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I am owned by a pound hound part Black lab-Jack Russell, and the bloody dog never sits still. Haggis your dog is gorgeous, can I have him? Cosmo is your dog a Jack Russell? Beagles are hams by nature. I use to dog sit one in NFL and I swear that dog could fly, I had a fully fenced yard and Omar would some how find his way out of my yard. I'd spend all my time chasing or trying to find him. I love all dogs, it doesn't matter what the breed because they make you smile.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Sassylassie said:
it doesn't matter what the breed because they make you smile.

You know, that's it in a nutshell. They're just such funny and loveable creatures, I love the way they smile, big old mouth hanging open, goofy as anything. I love the way they sulk, my good god but a dog can sulk, they can look more depressed and beaten than any other living creature. And the way they lie about things, nothing lies as blatantly and freely and as often as a dog.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Yes, my dog is a master when it comes to controlling me. My neighbour is dog sitting a Golden Retriever named Barry this dog is huge and goffy. He sneaks over to my place and steals the balls out of my dogs toy box one ball at a time. It cracks me up, my dog could care less he just sits and watches the thief at work.