Your Favourite Handgun..And Why?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Mine is the 1851 Navy Colts, because they are very cool looking..and because Clint carried several pairs of them in "The Outlaw Josey Wales"

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The Supersoaker X350.

A good piece o' work, it was. They don't make 'em like that anymore, y'know. Yeah, that thing could shoot — what, at least a litre of water per minute! Nice piece o' work. Yup. Nice; nice, indeed. Nice-feelin' grip on the pumper. Yup. Good stuff.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Wow ... reading your post, Finder, reminds me of just how dirty a mind I have sometimes. :D

As for an actual handgun, I have no idea; never used one before.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Re: RE: Your Favourite Handgun..And Why?

FiveParadox said:
Wow ... reading your post, Finder, reminds me of just how dirty a mind I have sometimes. :D

As for an actual handgun, I have no idea; never used one before.

FiveParadox, my young man, you have a dirty mind.... *reads his post over again* I'm shocked!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Well, I'm having a bit o' trouble with this one........

My slightly modified Browning High Power............magazine safety removed to drastically reduce trigger pull and facilitate the magazine kicking free when the release is pressed. And because I dislike idiot safeties. Ramp polished to facilitate the feeding of 115 gr JHP (handloaded over 7.2 grains HERCO) at 1350 FPS. HOT!

But I've been carrying revolvers for the past nine years.....and I've grown to like them. My S&W model 66 .357 magnum loaded with 125 gr JHP at 1500 fps.....WOW!

Or just for fun.....Ruger Mk II 5 1/2" bull barrel .22 Long Rifle. It could shoot the eyes out of a jumping grasshopper at 50 yards.....if I could just do my part.

Sorry....I got carried away.....

iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org
I had fun with a single shot 20 gauge break action pistol (can't remember the name). It looked like a monster and kicked like a mule, but seing a full ouce of lead slug blow through a six inch willow tree and watching the wood splinters flying was increadible. Never seen another hand gun like it.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
Re: RE: Your Favourite Handgun..And Why?

Colpy said:
Well, I'm having a bit o' trouble with this one........

My slightly modified Browning High Power............magazine safety removed to drastically reduce trigger pull and facilitate the magazine kicking free when the release is pressed. And because I dislike idiot safeties. Ramp polished to facilitate the feeding of 115 gr JHP (handloaded over 7.2 grains HERCO) at 1350 FPS. HOT!

But I've been carrying revolvers for the past nine years.....and I've grown to like them. My S&W model 66 .357 magnum loaded with 125 gr JHP at 1500 fps.....WOW!

Or just for fun.....Ruger Mk II 5 1/2" bull barrel .22 Long Rifle. It could shoot the eyes out of a jumping grasshopper at 50 yards.....if I could just do my part.

Sorry....I got carried away.....

I love Smith & Wesson revolvers, my father in Ohio has got a trusty 686 with the long ass barrel, quite similar to yours. Since I moved to Canada though I only brought up a simple durable maintainable Glock which uses 9x19 ammo which even my wife can shoot, not that she ever does :cry:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Had to take hand gun instruction as a job requirement quite a few years ago. We used a .38 police issue revolver. That's before the 9mm pistols.

All this took place on a RCN range with a crusty old petty officer as instructor. He showed us the "FBI" crouch, a "quick draw" from shoulder holster, and the standard "two hand out in front, aim for body mass stance". Although I don't have hand guns now, I still remember how to do it.

Pretty ironic because all of us agreed if we were ever confronted by robbers the hand gun would hit the ground before us and the money pouch would go flying in their general direction...... :lol: No one wanted to get shot for the money grubbing financial institution which employed us. Us and elephants, we worked for peanuts. 8O

:lol: :lol:

Oh yeah, favourite was a cut down .12 ga. pump shotgun which could be fired offhand. This got handed in during an amnesty, no questions asked. No more guns.

OpnSrc

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2006
Western Canada
www.purevolume.com
RE: Your Favourite Handgu

Desert Eagle 44 magnum

My good lord ... it'll punch a nasty hole in many things!

Edit Addition: But if I had my choice....

A Maadi Griffen .50 Cal sniper rifle ... you know for rabbit huntin!

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
Only handgun I've ever fired was a Sig Sauer 9mm. Got a 62 out of a possible 64 score first time at the range, so I let a lot of light into Herman the German. Soooo, I'd pick that.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I can't remember even firing a hand gun....it is possibly due to the draconian hand gun laws we have in Canada.